Team Chevelle banner

1966 console / bench

912 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RAIDER SS 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I wonder if there is any metallic in it? Mine came from the factory with silver metallic in '67...when the sun hit it just right it was gorgeous! But, the lacquer was very difficult to match. I know it can be challenging these days to replicate the original Deepwater Blue Metallic color (as it was originally).

Mine also had the rear antenna option like this one....although the antenna should be straight, not slanted, to be proper. I wonder why they omitted the drip rail moulding?

#5 ·
Looks like they did quite a bit of work. The underside of the floors are even painted (incorrectly) blue. Missing drip rail chrome, uses a front filler panel from a Chevelle 300 (no trim). Also the passenger door was replaced with a 67 door, tiny difference by the door lock pull.

#8 ·
Hopefully they did not cut up the Original Console
maybe just stuffed the rest of it under the Bench Seat !?

The underside looks good except for the Rusty Headers / Exhaust Pipes / Mufflers
and no Flywheel / Clutch Cover on the lower part

#9 ·
Don't like to see rally wheels or a 3 spoke steering wheel on a 66.

Missing emblems on door panels and missing e-brake cable link (the one that comes off the rear tranny mount cross bar) shows a lower attention to detail.

Reactions: Steve R
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.