What's it worth? & ebay/online sales discussions

95Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #91 of 98 (permalink) Unread Jan 13th, 20, 9:00 PM
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage
Re: Bullitt Mustang to go across block on Friday

There's a word for people that would spend that type of money on a piece of $hit. "SUCKER"
TerryAT likes this.

71 Malibu, Cottonwood Green, 396 BBC, AutoGear M22W 4 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 98 (permalink) Unread Jan 13th, 20, 11:17 PM
Tech Team

There is an ass for every seat and a seat for every ass. That was a lot of money for that car and I dont see that magic happening again if it gets resold in the future like the bill allen truppi kling LS6 convertible. Buyer took a real nice beating on that car after paying over 1 million for it a short time later
HKalin likes this.
post #93 of 98 (permalink) Unread Jan 14th, 20, 2:26 PM
Tech Team
Dan

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibuss67 View Post
There is an ass for every seat and a seat for every ass. That was a lot of money for that car and I dont see that magic happening again
Agree. There only needed to be 2 people that wanted that car, and wanted to sit their ass in that car, for the price to go where it did.
I think we can all agree the buyer most likely doesnt have money issues. It should be interesting to see who the buyer is, if we ever get to.
I dont think we will see that car for sale again, there is no way that car will command the price we just saw.

I still think that car is as cool as can be. Forget what it sold for, forget who drove it, its still a cool car imo.

post #94 of 98 (permalink) Unread Jan 14th, 20, 5:26 PM
Tech Team

Garage

I think they paid for the history. Wasn't this the first large car chase on city streets ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #95 of 98 (permalink) Unread Jan 14th, 20, 6:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Ben

Garage
Arrow Re: Bullitt Mustang to go across block on Friday

Its no longer a "car", its a piece of art. The history as well as the physicality(the fact that its beat up and unrestored) are wrapped together and part of it.

Now, I have no interest in owning pretty much any high dollar piece of art either, but I can appreciate them- and in some cases I own prints/copies of high dollar artwork... And there we are. People with loads of money, they aren't content with a print of some rare piece of art they want the original. Thats likely the kind of person that bought this.

As car guys, the practical part of us would just go buy something we could afford to enjoy how we wish... the same reason people buy and build clones or tributes of rare & high dollar cars, because "real ones" simply cost too much to obtain or to use the way we wish....
but that one- its on a different level and frankly always was.
Even at $100k or $500k its just not something anyone would take out and enjoy the way cars are meant to be enjoyed. Its become art. Plain and simple.
12stones likes this.

Ben R.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

post #96 of 98 (permalink) Unread Jan 14th, 20, 10:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

IMO I think that car going for that much was a bonus to all muscle car restorers,collectors and people with daily drivers or trailer creatures too.It gives each of all of us a validation, to that same stupid question that all of the unknowing (about old cars) people everywhere.
You know the question I'm talking about and I'm sure everyone of us have been asked it at sometime or other "why do have,drive or keep them old cars?" or a question similar to that.To which you just look at them and think "if they have to ask then it's not even worth explaining" and you just shake your head and try to ignore them.
RAMBO and davewho1 like this.

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
post #97 of 98 (permalink) Unread Jan 14th, 20, 10:30 PM
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage

That car makes a nicely restored LS-6 Chevelle look cheap price wise.
mr 4 speed, 71350SS and davewho1 like this.

71 Malibu, Cottonwood Green, 396 BBC, AutoGear M22W 4 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi.
post #98 of 98 (permalink) Unread Today, 10:51 AM
Tech Team
Mike

deep pockets, for someone who has almost unlimited financial resources a couple million is nothing.

these are guys who drink a $800 bottle of beer just to say "I did it". Same guy that has a multimillion dollar boat never stepped on. Its a different world for these guys.
HKalin likes this.

15 years in Craft Brewing/ Distilling Industry
Lead Maintenance Mechanic
Submarine Service SSN 575 / SSN 683

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in