Team Chevelle banner

70 Cowl Induction Hood

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Robinls5 
#1 ·
I recently bought this cowl induction hood from a guy locally. I plan on putting it on my car regardless but I am curious what it is worth and if any can confirm that it is an original hood and not a repop.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm no expert on repops, but that looks original and should clean up well. Congrats. Let's see what some other say.

#3 ·
I don't want to sound like an ass but you said you recently purchased a hood.

My guess it is worth what you paid for it.

Now tell what you paid and someone will tell you if you got a good deal.:thumbsup:

#9 ·
The third hood is the OP's and I think it's the later hood with the larger triangles.

Below is an early production hood and the second is the later production hood with the larger triangle insulation areas and added creases to help the hood fold in a crash.

Attachments

#10 ·
Funny to see the hoods, WHY. When I had my Camino in Chicago at the MCACN show. I just parked beside a "Black" one owner LS-6, I get out of my El Camino and lift the Hood and this guy Dennis is standing about 10--15 feet away , He says nice El Camino, Looks like it was built very early in 1970! ( WOW, WTF ! This guy from 15 feet away can tell you the Appx. build date, He is Good)
I said Wadda YA mean, He says it has the small triangles in the standard Domed hood. ( his 70 had the large triangles,Domed Hood) Then he explained the Early and Late 1970 hoods.
Ya learn sumpen new all the time!
Bob
My Camino was built 2nd Wk March,Balt.

Reactions: DUTCH MAX HEADWORK
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.