15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 19, 6:01 PM
Senior Tech Team
Eric

Re: YUM! 1970 Olds Rallye 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofastforyou View Post
… Also, an Oldsmobile is more a "higher end" car than a Chevrolet and having a post kinda takes away that "high end" look (at least to me)…

Claude.
High end or not, it seems a Chevelle will bring a higher price at resale

Your just jealous because you can't hear the voices!

1967 Olds Cutlass 468 BBC/T400
1963 Plymouth Fury 440/Torqueflite
2007 Ford Mustang GT (momma's car)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 19, 6:10 PM
Senior Tech Team
Claude

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcutlass View Post
That's a question of "demand" for them… The more demand, the higher the asking prices. Of course rarity has something to do in the price up to a certain point but I think demand has a bigger effect on pricing than rarity.…and about demand, there is more of it for a hardtop Chevelle than for a post car rarer or not.

Claude
1966_L78 likes this.

1971 Chevelle SS
1987 Buick Grand National 9.48 @ 142 mph
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 19, 11:52 AM
Senior Tech Team
James

There’s one for sale in my area for 30k. It is a flip, which I have nothing against. He bought it for 20k. I’ve seen it at car shows and it’s in excellent shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 19, 12:26 PM
Team Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy Mercado View Post
Very nice car, but not a Chevy...
True....but it's a still a GM A Body....and a little variety from time to time is usually good.

I like all A Bodies from 64-72....except for the Pontiacs from 68-72. I can't stand their front end and Enduro Bumpers.

But I understand why GM made them that way. Had to have some variety for the consumers.

I'd like my next car to be a '71 SS. But after that, I'd do a 70-72 Cutlass or Skylark in a heartbeat. Maybe even a convertible.
71350SS likes this.

'69 Malibu 383/TCI TH350/8.2 3.36 Eaton Posi. Street Edge 10" 2800, E-Tec 170s, Custom Mike Jones HR Cam, RPM Air-Gap, StreetAvenger 770, Pertronix HEI, Hedman 1 5/8" Headers, Moser Axles, PMT 1320R Kit. [email protected] 111 MPH, 1.6865 60 ft, Nitto 555
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 19, 12:28 PM
Team Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcutlass View Post
I've seen plenty of Buick and Olds guys who were trying to sell their cars for good money that bemoaned the fact that their cars weren't a Chevy or Pontiac. The market is stronger for the latter.....FWIW.

'69 Malibu 383/TCI TH350/8.2 3.36 Eaton Posi. Street Edge 10" 2800, E-Tec 170s, Custom Mike Jones HR Cam, RPM Air-Gap, StreetAvenger 770, Pertronix HEI, Hedman 1 5/8" Headers, Moser Axles, PMT 1320R Kit. [email protected] 111 MPH, 1.6865 60 ft, Nitto 555
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 19, 12:30 PM
Team Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70RAIII View Post
Last year I picked up one up on ebay with a 4 speed. I ended up selling earlier this year due to loss of storage. It was a pretty nice original car. 350/310 ram air.. M-21 4 speed.. 3.91 posi.. buckets .. console.. You can't keep them all..
Please feel free to say "no" or simply not respond, but do you mind sharing what you paid and sold it for?

It's harder to gauge the value of these cars b/c you just don't see them as often as a Pontiac or Chevy. But I dig them.

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 19, 4:33 PM
Senior Tech Team
Joe

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_69_malibu View Post
Please feel free to say "no" or simply not respond, but do you mind sharing what you paid and sold it for?

It's harder to gauge the value of these cars b/c you just don't see them as often as a Pontiac or Chevy. But I dig them.
I paid $18,500.. sold for $21,000. I feel I sold it kinda cheap.. but needed to sell something. I did throw a couple hundred at it prior to selling. It was a good car but had some issues. It needed a clutch and a front end rebuild. Car was originally from PA. I bought it off a guy in Las Vegas. He bought it off Bring A Trailer.

'67 ElCamino - Pro touring
and a few Pontiacs..
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 19, 6:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofastforyou View Post
That's a question of "demand" for them… The more demand, the higher the asking prices. Of course rarity has something to do in the price up to a certain point but I think demand has a bigger effect on pricing than rarity.…and about demand, there is more of it for a hardtop Chevelle than for a post car rarer or not.

Claude
Claude, you are absolutely right... "rare" has nothing to do with the value, its the desireability… Now if its desireable AND rare, then sure the value can skyrocket...

I like those Ralley 350's, but IMO they are usually priced to high for me...

As for the hardtop vs post, another personal decision... Aside from the "openness" of rolling the side windows down, not much difference with the 68+cars... But IMO, IF looking for "musclecars", the post version does seem to look more hard-core performance (lighter and stiffer)…

I am generally into 66 Chevelles, and those have a taller roof that the hardtop, and they never came as "fancy" as a Malibu, so pretty big difference in style...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 19, 8:38 PM
Senior Tech Team
Claude

There are three of them advertised on Ebay… One at $36,998. one at $34,995. and another one at $35,500. Nice but I prefer a 442 with a 455 engine…

Claude.

1971 Chevelle SS
1987 Buick Grand National 9.48 @ 142 mph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in