post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 8:00 AM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage
Re: Local 1970 for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbr3t View Post
They also have a Ď70 convertible ďls6Ē for sale too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well considering all the non SS stuff on their SS the "ls6" was probably a Less Sexy 6 cylinder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 8:09 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Bottom line IMHO and experience: quite a bit wrong with the details for $61,998

Probably an attempt at some obscene profit,IMHO
Freddy Mercado likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 8:32 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
John

Why would they go through all the trouble to build this car and put a 72 Dash in a 70 there sure is a lot that is not correct for a 70 SS Chevelle I don't remember seeing a heavy Chevy hood with hood pins like that came with the cowl induction hood.
Does anybody know what kind of evaporator they have stuffed in the suitcase?
Also I don't see any reverse lockout linkage that should be on the car, and is the speedometer cable supposed to be on the driver side I thought it was actually on the passenger side in 1970?
All in all it looks like it'll make somebody a nice car that doesn't really care about the numbers match or being factory correct.
I do like the red on red nice combination.

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 8:33 AM
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Date code is too early for any 454. Repro 6500 rpm tach is out of place. Iíd be worried about the quality of the body work because so many details are wrong.

Mencken: ďThe whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.Ē
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 10:03 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

First and foremost: It is not a CLONE.... ! Its a P!$$ POOR FAKE.
The A/C unit is NOT from a 1970. The A/C brackets and hoses are NOT form a 1970, Could be from a 71/72 Chevelle. Master Cylinder, Is not a 1970????
BIG screw up. The DRIVELINE ( YOKES & DRIVESHAFT) are NOT from a 454 ,,They are from a 396. The four speed is NOT an M-22. FACT: The bare chassis was built at Chevrolet and left the plant as an " AUTOMATIC CHASSIS ".
It is NOT a four speed chassis. Just way to much stuff " WRONG " as others have mentioned. Why continue. As I stated it is just a... " A P!$$ POOR FAKE ".
It needs a BIG GREEN........ Mr. YUCK sticker!
All of the above statements are FACT and NOT Fiction !
Bob

1970 SS LS-5/M-22 El Camino- Org. Owner-AACA 2016-Senior Grand National Winner---MCACN-GOLD-2013
1970 ( FRAUD) SS 468 Station Wagon - Driver.
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 10:53 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
jackie

It's pretty.

They will sell it to someone who wants just that, a nice looking '70.

If you want more than that for their asking price, then pass.

'67 Chevelle Malibu, Catalina Blue, 540 inch Rat, Air Flow Reasearch 290 CNC Heads heads, Custom Hyd Roller, .675 lift, 234, 244 at .050, Lemons Headers, Holley Multiport Fuel Injection, TCI 6X 6Speed Automatic, 12 bolt Posi Eaton TruTrac, 3:31 Richmond Gears, front and rear power disc brakes, Global West Suspension, etc.

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Dan

For me some of those details donít matter at the moment but I would like the big stuff to be correct. Iím still learning though. By the time I find the right car Iím sure Iíll be more keen on the finer details and want them to be correct. Iíll start looking at the things youíve pointed out and continue to do my research. Thanks for everybody thatís chimed in to help educate me on these things. I really appreciate it. Feel free to keep picking it apart as Iíll be referencing this post often in the future.

post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 11:16 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
For me some of those details donít matter at the moment but I would like the big stuff to be correct. Iím still learning though. By the time I find the right car Iím sure Iíll be more keen on the finer details and want them to be correct. Iíll start looking at the things youíve pointed out and continue to do my research. Thanks for everybody thatís chimed in to help educate me on these things. I really appreciate it. Feel free to keep picking it apart as Iíll be referencing this post often in the future.
From what I can see and IMHO and experience,this car is a clone and not worth the asking price.
Dean and Freddy Mercado like this.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Dan

Robinls5: what are the key characteristics to tell a 4 speed chassis vs an auto. And the yoke and drive shaft from a 396 vs 454?

post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 12:44 PM
Senior Tech Team
Joe

Garage

That resto is going to fall apart in not time.

'67 ElCamino - Pro touring
and a few Pontiacs..
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 4:17 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

I was looking close-up at the picture of all that paperwork and the VIN on the paperwork does not match up with any of the numbers on the car. I even tried to see if it matches up with the numbers on the data plate (which it shouldn't) and none of those numbers matches either.That paperwork has this number listed on the spot where the VIN should be :164390D-123205.
How is that listed as the vehicle identification number ? as it was supposedly sold as a Chevrolet owned car ?

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 8:06 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

JMO, but first and foremost you have come to the best place on the planet seeking advice. For 61K you should expect to find a pretty well done "Real" numbers matching 70 Chevelle with some sort of paperwork There may be some slight fixes needed to make it "Really" factory correct if that is what you're looking for but nothing compared to what this car would need. This car IMO is a 40K driver at best, if you don't care about anything being even remotely correct. Keep searching and come back with whatever you find, you can't go wrong here. Good luck!!!
12stones likes this.

TC# 3091

Flint 70 Chevelle LS6 4 Spd 4.10 Posi in the shop!!
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 19, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Dan

Thatís why I posted! Iíve read a lot of the threads and have already learned so much. I remember going to car shows with my dad and always spotted the Ď70 chevelle. I donít need to have one thatís ďall originalĒ or numbers matching front to back because I plan to drive it and Iíd be too worried otherwise. I basically want a good solid representation of a 1970 LS5 4 speed.

post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 19, 8:18 PM

Iím glad you have brought this car to the attention of everyone on this forum. The Volo Museum, www.Volocars.com, either needs to know about what they are selling or they already know and all of us have discovered a dealer that should be avoided at all costs.
This seems to be the norm for used car ďstealershipsĒ to misrepresent muscle cars to the public with beautiful paint jobs and high prices.
Freddy Mercado and RealRed70 like this.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 19, 9:48 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
This car is local to me Iím curious if you could pick it a part a bit and give some onsite on what your thoughts of value are. Thanks.

https://www.volocars.com/auto-sales/...hevelle-ss-454

Dude, don't go off volo cars. He's high priced. Actually a flat out crook....
He's a multi millionaire and doesn't care how slow or fast cars sell. My buddy works there. Tells me all sorts of things about that place..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in