1970 Chevelle LS3 - Chevelle Tech
What's it worth? & ebay/online sales discussions

2Likes
  • 2 Post By DUTCH MAX HEADWORK

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 19, 4:19 PM Thread Starter

1970 Chevelle LS3

Looking to purchase a 1970 Chevelle with ls3 motor willwood brakes mag wheels custom interior full frame resto clean inside and out shaved handles. Any idea what a reasonable purchase price range would be?

50-75k 75-100k 100k+?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 19, 5:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Ed

Re: 1970 Chevelle LS3

Pictures? More details?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 19, 5:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage

A lot of variables go into that equation.

Some can be answered by pictures and a build list, others require a close personal inspection by a qualified person.
David Bates and Steve R like this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 19, 6:15 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game3283 View Post
Looking to purchase a 1970 Chevelle with ls3 motor willwood brakes mag wheels custom interior full frame resto clean inside and out shaved handles. Any idea what a reasonable purchase price range would be?

50-75k 75-100k 100k+?
A 1970 Chevelle with an original LS3 should be valued somewhere between a standard Malibu and an SS 396 but closer to the SS value.

If its the original engine, these are fairly rare, and often called a "Malibu 400".

The engine is similar to the L34 350HP "396" (402) found in the SS396, with a slightly milder cam. The 1970 LS3 was rated at 330 HP. Despite being called a "400", it too was actually a 402.

Or did you mean it has a modern "LS" motor?

Impossible to guess without more info and pictures, but I'd guess less than $50k...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

Sold

&

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 19, 6:46 PM
Gold Founding Member

Garage

Tony I was thinking like you were but it quickly dawned on me, being its a restomod, that hes looking for an LS LS3 not a MkIV.

Mencken: The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 19, 6:49 PM
Gold Member
Gene

Tony, I do not beleive the man knows small v big block only LS.

The question is unanswerable HOWEVER, I know guys that will build whatever you desire. Yet, be prepared for just over $100 for a brand new car with modest upgrades,done at professional ( like AACA for restored cars) level.

I dont know if the Chevellestuff "Snow White" is on these pages anywhere, but there is a roughly 120K brand new car. All brand new GM running gear, leather interior, convertible, AC etc etc. Can you do it for half that, sure, using used parts. The damn thing runs the 1/4 almost as fast as my rat-infested old skool junk to boot! Almost.

here's a pic. and again, this is a bespoke deal, so you call the color, wheels, etc. For 100+, you get a custom built ride. Coupe would be less obviously.

The next one I saw sort of on the design board was a bit hotter ( turbo, 6 speed manual, etc) and more like 150K when done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snow White.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	600400  

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in