LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Unread Aug 8th, 19, 9:58 PM
Tech Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Chvll View Post
That’s some great advice, thank you. I might be sending you a PM requesting your phone number to find out more information to make sure I’m correctly planning the repair.

HP does have a small division here! It’s shrank quite a bit, but they’re still around for now. My dad is an electrical contractor, having worked on all the HP buildings out here. As a teenager I would work for him pulling wire and doing demo work. The HP Campus what huge!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very sad what happened to what once was a GREAT GREAT company. Not perfect by any means but HP was almost an annual winner in the best companies in America to work for category. As things cycled down people "couldn't wait to get out". HP once offered an early out to a limited number of people ....they were to be chosen on a fist come first serve basis (first to request the early retirement package qualified until all the slots were filled). You applied online starting at midnight on a given day. I knew people who stayed up until midnight to press the "I want to retire early" button before the slots were all filled up. Sad Sad.

Glad to help on the A/C..... drop me a PM and we can either exchange info that way, or drop me an email and I will send ya pics of the condenser install or send me a PM with your Phone number.
Are you referring to the EERP in 2007? That’s when I pushed the button.

1970 Cranberry Red SS396 TH400 AC 3:31 Posi -as it was born
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 58 (permalink) Unread Aug 9th, 19, 8:07 AM
Senior Tech Team

Re: 1970 Pontiac GTO Estimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySS396 View Post
Are you referring to the EERP in 2007? Thatís when I pushed the button.
Yes I think that was the time Audrey pushed the button. Sounds right. I bailed out before that...I was just way beyond fed up with the nonsense in the Professional Services Organization. Before 2007 /2008 they had something kinda small in scope. It was called VSI (Voluntary Severance Incentive). Another deal where you had the chance to "fall on your own sword) if you got on the list before the list filled up. I was in a meeting in Cupertino, everyone was introducing themselves as we went around the room. "I am Joe Smith I work in ________" , " I am Mary Jones I work in ______". One guy gleefully said: "I am Joe Dokes and I just tested positive for VSI"!
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 4:09 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cool View Post
It's rare enough I see about 10 Chevelles for any GTO I see I paid $500 for my first GTO.

I would try to pay between 15-20.

Picked it up yesterday! My dad and I drove out to Raymond CA to pick it up. Itís a WT 400 350HP motor with a Muncie 4 speed, not sure if itís a m20 or m21. Iím now the 3rd owner! The car came with a full vehicle history, original proteco plate and purchase invoice. The options werenít listed on the receipt though. I drove it 200 miles and averaged 15mpg going 60mph.

oman, mr 4 speed, blm and 2 others like this.

post #49 of 58 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 5:36 PM
Tech Team
Graham

Nice looking car. Congrats!!
69Chvll likes this.
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 6:35 PM
Tech Team
Gavin

Thatís a good looking goat! Congratulations and nice purchase.
69Chvll likes this.

My father tells me I was born 30 years too late.
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 7:42 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

IIRC one can tell an M20/21/22 by the last digit on the sequence that is stamped vertically on the midplate. A= M20 B= M21 C = M22.
post #52 of 58 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 9:26 PM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

Garage

Check that top for any bumps especially around the rear glass a the bottom.
What will you use it for?
Down here we have a week-long event once a year in October called Cruzing the Coast last year they had around 10,000 cars some from as far away as Germany!

https://cruisinthecoast.com/event-info/
69Chvll likes this.

"A Nation of Sheep will beget a Government of Wolves." Edward R. Murrow
ďThe last official act of any government is to loot the treasury.Ē Ė George Washington

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 9:34 PM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

Garage

1969 Pontiac GTO Judge

https://musclecars.howstuffworks.com...-gto-judge.htm

ďThe last official act of any government is to loot the treasury.Ē Ė George Washington

post #54 of 58 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 9:42 PM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

Garage

post #55 of 58 (permalink) Unread Today, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cool View Post
Check that top for any bumps especially around the rear glass a the bottom.

What will you use it for?

Down here we have a week-long event once a year in October called Cruzing the Coast last year they had around 10,000 cars some from as far away as Germany!

https://cruisinthecoast.com/event-info/

Thatís awesome! Iím probably going to drive it around for a while, clean up some rough spots and sell it.

post #56 of 58 (permalink) Unread Today, 1:07 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Chvll View Post
Picked it up yesterday! My dad and I drove out to Raymond CA to pick it up. Itís a WT 400 350HP motor with a Muncie 4 speed, not sure if itís a m20 or m21. Iím now the 3rd owner! The car came with a full vehicle history, original proteco plate and purchase invoice. The options werenít listed on the receipt though. I drove it 200 miles and averaged 15mpg going 60mph.

Nice car. It looks like you have found two good cars within the last week, congratulations.

Always assume you have an M20 until proven otherwise. The M20ís are generally a better transmission for the typical street car than an M21. There is no difference in strength between the two, only the gear ratios are different.

Steve R
69Chvll likes this.
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Unread Today, 2:39 AM
Senior Tech Team
Greg

Garage

http://url5878.vsobr.com/wf/click?up...md8zyF8Zpg4-3D

This is the second time now a fishing email has come from this site and they are using the thread to get you to click on it.

post #58 of 58 (permalink) Unread Today, 2:54 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
Nice car. It looks like you have found two good cars within the last week, congratulations.

Always assume you have an M20 until proven otherwise. The M20ís are generally a better transmission for the typical street car than an M21. There is no difference in strength between the two, only the gear ratios are different.

Steve R

Thanks, Steve! I wasnít planning on getting both, but it just worked out that way. My wife and I look at them as investments if we get them for the right price. Updates to come! The El Camino shifts better than the GTO. I thinking I will be tinkering with the linkage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in