Team Chevelle banner

70 Restomod. Like Or No Like

3K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  smitty454 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Not a fan of the random red bits, but everything else looks good.

#8 ·
The seller does not list the price that he is asking in the listing. He simply says best reasonable offer. It appears the seller believes the car will be worth $85k or more when completed. It looks nice in the pictures but will take a huge hit due to the project status. I think it would be worth looking at it if you can tackle a project and get a great deal on the car at the same time. My guess is he will be lucky to get $30k to $35k for the car as it sits today.

#14 ·
The engine, suspension, brakes and paint all seem good to me. All the red stud would drive me nuts though (red gas tank, really?). I'm neutral on the wheels but I definitely don't love them.

Hard to say what fair value is, but if everything is what he says it is I'd put it somewhere in the $25k range. That number prices in the fact that you'd have to remove all the red stuff, shoot it black, and finish assembling the car.

It could actually look pretty cool with nice shiny chrome bumpers and trim, and everything else blacked out.

#15 ·
Im suprised nobody mentioned the white exhaust. Back to the movie reference. Unless Tom Cruise is going to hook me up with his throw a ways after buying this car can't see the significance? :yes:

#16 ·
My first thought is why waste $17,000 on a 396?

When finished, it will be a nice build, but the red is a turn off.

#20 ·
shaved door handles = never will pass tech or see a track

but still, how do you spend $17k on a 396?

#29 ·
Well although I am not stock I am closer to it than not. I'll say this much for stock. It has and does stand the test of time. Resto mod and/or Pro Touring will look very dated in short order. :yes:

Reactions: SS4Real
#36 ·
I know this'll probably ruffle some feathers, but it's just my opinion. I can not stand red on any interior bits ever, anywhere. It drives me insane. New car, old car, great car, bad car........throw red inside and I want to burn it to the ground.

Except for places where it makes sense, of course. Switches and buttons, OK to have just a bit of red. But bigger things like complete dash sections, panels, doors or seats? No way.

#37 ·
I’m not a huge fan of this particular car, red bits, etc. If it’s done right and the build quality is there, I’d certainly appreciate it. As far as stock goes, to each their own. I prefer the stock look because in my opinion, GM did an amazing job designing these cars. As far as stock power plants go, only the high output stuff should remain mostly untouched (L78, L79, LS6, etc.).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.