Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 19, 9:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Re: 70 Restomod. Like Or No Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofastforyou View Post
Simple: … because stock is boring after a while.

Claude.
44 years and counting for me and I'm still not bored with well done stock cars. I've had my fair share of hacked up 70's, headers, big tires, holes cut in the floor, fumes coming in through the back. At the end of the day, I'm a purist at heart and I've come to know that there is a niche for everyone in this hobby, it's all good no matter what you like!!!!

TC# 3091

Flint 70 Chevelle LS6 4 Spd 4.10 Posi in the shop!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 19, 6:12 PM
Senior Tech Team
Claude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 704EVER View Post
44 years and counting for me and I'm still not bored with well done stock cars. I've had my fair share of hacked up 70's, headers, big tires, holes cut in the floor, fumes coming in through the back. At the end of the day, I'm a purist at heart and I've come to know that there is a niche for everyone in this hobby, it's all good no matter what you like!!!!
Sorry if I offended someone, it wasn't my intention… I should haver said that I prefer modded cars, but not "hacked". They have to be done right and tastefully done… I'm not a purist but like you said, "it's all good no matter what you like"

Claude.
69SHEVL likes this.

1971 Chevelle SS
1987 Buick Grand National 9.48 @ 142 mph

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 19, 10:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Quote:
Sorry if I offended someone, it wasn't my intention… I should haver said that I prefer modded cars, but not "hacked". They have to be done right and tastefully done… I'm not a purist but like you said, "it's all good no matter what you like"

Claude.
All good Claude, no offense taken. At the end of the day it's a great hobby to be involved in and I can't even count the number of guys that I have met through being involved with these cars who have become great friends.

TC# 3091

Flint 70 Chevelle LS6 4 Spd 4.10 Posi in the shop!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 19, 8:56 AM
Gold Member
Gene

Quote:
Simple: … because stock is boring after a while.

Claude.
Yeah, mine looks like a 325 HP 396 and lays down 600+ HP/TQ . Boring? not so much......optics? I dont give a rats ass about.....yet, to each , his own.

Red gas tank - yeesch.....!

and I run white header pipes tho.......

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 19, 11:35 AM
Tech Team
Matt

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nazarah

I know this'll probably ruffle some feathers, but it's just my opinion. I can not stand red on any interior bits ever, anywhere. It drives me insane. New car, old car, great car, bad car........throw red inside and I want to burn it to the ground.

Except for places where it makes sense, of course. Switches and buttons, OK to have just a bit of red. But bigger things like complete dash sections, panels, doors or seats? No way.

Never stop learning!
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 19, 11:59 AM
Tech Team
Gavin

Garage

I’m not a huge fan of this particular car, red bits, etc. If it’s done right and the build quality is there, I’d certainly appreciate it. As far as stock goes, to each their own. I prefer the stock look because in my opinion, GM did an amazing job designing these cars. As far as stock power plants go, only the high output stuff should remain mostly untouched (L78, L79, LS6, etc.).

My father tells me I was born 30 years too late.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 19, 5:14 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelrick View Post
Looks like someone was making a movie car clone, get rid of the red dash, gas tank and some other red stuff, $25-$30K, I didn't get the interior part? but if everything is there to put the car together maybe $35K
Agree on the red, especially the tank. Takes me back to the late 70's when people were painting everything on the undercarriage white. YUK.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 19, 7:41 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveezy View Post
Agree that its overpriced but it is definitely not a protouring car, 4 wheel disc brakes, hotchkis and bigger wheels do no equal protouring. Restomod is the right description.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek69SS View Post
Agreed.
Umm no..

Restomod=Stock appearing with improved parts like disc brakes, A/C, Overdrive etc.

Pro Touring= Not stock appearing with improved parts. Big wheels, custom interior is not stock appearing. Therefore, it is not a restomod.

Mike Smith
72 Chevelle, LS 6.0 LQ9 4l80e
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in