What's it worth? & ebay/online sales discussions

61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 8:46 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Phil

Time has come, my 71 is on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Chevro...-/254263342241

Have mixed emotions about it, but have decided to sell. Looking to purchase another home, and this will make things a lot easier. If I end up with a bigger garage with another project in it, I'll be good.

I may of went overboard with the listing, but figured someone truly interested wouldn't mind the long description, video, and 100+ photos.

Opinions on the starting bid? People who seen the car have said I should get much more, but they obviously aren't in the market. No matter what, I won't get what I've put in it.

71 Chevelle SS
zz502 (Straub Cam, RPM Airgap, ProSystems Carb, MSD, etc.)
Rossler TH400
Built 12 bolt 4:11

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 8:53 AM
Gold Founding Member

Garage
Re: Time has come, my 71 is on Ebay.

Nice car. Itís well presented. Good luck on the sale.

People donít like to have to think in high resolution. Jordan Peterson. Thatís why we are forced in to so many binary choices.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 9:20 AM
Tech Team
Phil

Beautiful car, and you did an exceptional job of presenting it on ebay. Without the proper documentation one must always assume it's a clone, but with the options you have, and the condition of the car I think that a starting price of 40K is more than reasonable even if it is a clone. I would expect your car to go for 45K-50K when the bidding is done - JMO of course. Good luck!
12stones likes this.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 9:29 AM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick71ss View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Chevro...-/254263342241

Have mixed emotions about it, but have decided to sell. Looking to purchase another home, and this will make things a lot easier. If I end up with a bigger garage with another project in it, I'll be good.

I may of went overboard with the listing, but figured someone truly interested wouldn't mind the long description, video, and 100+ photos.

Opinions on the starting bid? People who seen the car have said I should get much more, but they obviously aren't in the market. No matter what, I won't get what I've put in it.
Good luck! I know the feeling, I sold one of my Muscle Cars last year and still don't know how I feel about it.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 9:35 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
Beautiful car, and you did an exceptional job of presenting it on ebay. Without the proper documentation one must always assume it's a clone, but with the options you have, and the condition of the car I think that a starting price of 40K is more than reasonable even if it is a clone. I would expect your car to go for 45K-50K when the bidding is done - JMO of course. Good luck!
Thank you. Yeah, that's why I put that statement saying it can't be proved to be a "SS" without having original documents. Not trying to screw anyone.

71 Chevelle SS
Rossler TH400

post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 10:12 AM
Tech Team

Garage

GOL........ If I was looking. Nice finished vehicle.
Slick71ss likes this.

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 11:15 AM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Beautiful car, beautiful colors, presented very well. I see zero issues with the starting price.
The following is not criticism of your car but some thoughts of mine and I can only assume perhaps SOME buyers. I would be looking for a manual trans car and to be more specific a 5 speed. That is a personal preference and some buyers would prefer the auto trans. The custom console top would have to go. I would prefer factory top and shifter. As I said these are just MY thoughts and others may think that console is the cats ass.
I wish you good luck with the sale and someone will be getting a nice 71.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Phil

Thanks Brad. I did address the console in the video, saying that a factory plate and shifter would bolt back in.

A 5 speed would definitely make it a better street car, or at least more fun.

71 Chevelle SS
Rossler TH400

post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 11:51 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage

Beautiful car Phil. Well presented add. It should pull more than your starting bid. Good luck with your sale.
Slick71ss likes this.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 2:13 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kim

Garage

Very nice! GLWS

PS- I'm gonna call you next time I sell something! nice presentation, I def don't have the patience to do that!
Slick71ss likes this.
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 3:39 PM
Team Member
Tony

Garage

Phil: I saw the car last week and assumed it was yours. Even I'm bummed to see it up for sale. Are you staying local or moving some place with better weather?

If you haven't seen Phil's car at the Cleveland/Strongsville, it actually looks better in person. The paint and body work are great....and the car really scoots.
427L88 likes this.

'69 Malibu 383/TCI TH350/8.2 3.36 Eaton Posi. Street Edge 10" 2800, E-Tec 170s, Custom Mike Jones HR Cam, RPM Air-Gap, StreetAvenger 770, Pertronix HEI, Hedman 1 5/8" Headers, Moser Axles, PMT 1320R Kit. [email protected] 111 MPH, 1.6865 60 ft, Nitto 555
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 4:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Phil

Tony, I'm staying local. Just want a better house and better school system for my kid.

Thanks for the kind words. I'll be at the show this year, even if this car is gone.

Yeah, I got cold feet after listing last week. Pulled the ad after a couple days.
blue_69_malibu likes this.

71 Chevelle SS
Rossler TH400

post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 6:30 PM
Tech Team
Dan

Garage
Your car is awesome.
Slick71ss likes this.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 7:22 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Bit sad to see you let it go. I've always really liked your car. Good luck on the auction, and hopefully a new project comes your way.
Slick71ss likes this.

1971 Chevelle SS454, T56 Magnum 6 speed, 3.31 Posi

Youtube Channel.

Instagram:

Twitter:
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 19, 7:50 PM
Gold Member
Freddy

Very nice/sharp looking car. Sorry to hear that you have to sell. Wish you luck on the sale. I have family in Lorain.
Slick71ss likes this.

Freddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in