1970 Chevelle SS maybe - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
What's it worth? & ebay/online sales discussions

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 19, 10:10 PM
Tech Team

Re: 1970 Chevelle SS maybe

Run the gas low and drop the tank. Takes about 20min w a jack and the 2 bolts that hold the straps.. I just did my 68 tank and hoped to find a build sheet just for cool factor, but there wasn't one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 19, 11:07 AM
Tech Team
Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Well I am not suprise the dealer is out of business. I would imagine the vast majority of dealers.from 1970.are out of business. But that gives you a starting point. If you want to find out more about your car I'd take.that information found and run with it.
It may take leg work, persistence and luck but maybe you can find the original owner. Or you could start with person that you purchased the car from and go backwards.
I started with the 4th owner of my 69 and went backwards. Made it all the way to the original owner and got stories from all. I also found a newspaper from the local newspaper in the town that my original dealer was located in from Sept 10th 1969 that featured MY 69 being sold as a new car. Never know unless you try.
I tried this. My build sheet indicated my 70 was delivered to Rinke Chevrolet in Centreline Michigan. I found this dealership still exists and I sent a request for info regarding the original purchaser. They were kind enough to respond that they digitized all their paper records but only as far back as 1980 and then destroyed them. Well, at least I tried.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 19, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Why is it not a LS-6 for sure, because of the AC?

Thanks,

Bill

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 19, 12:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Why is it not a LS-6 for sure, because of the AC?

Thanks,

Bill
Correct. You could not order a/c with the LS6 engine option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old Today, 5:26 PM Thread Starter

I dropped the gas tank and pulled the back seat and no build sheet, any other options?

Thanks,

Bill
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old Today, 7:23 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Inside door panels. Under carpet. Top of glove box. In between inner fender and fender. Just some possibilities.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in