What's it worth? & ebay/online sales discussions

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 19, 10:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage
Re: Air Cleaner Lid worth $5999 ?

I'm wondering if a 460 h.p. was ever made for a production car? and that kind of $ I'd want that whole engine under that lid

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 19, 11:29 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksky View Post
Sure you can talk back and forth with a seller through Ebay's messaging system, but it will detect any attempt at conducting sale that is not on Ebay's system. I recently bought a model car kit from an Ebay seller, all legit though Ebay. I was outbid on another model kit from the same seller so I contacted him asking if he had another he'd sell me. He replied yes, with the price and his email address, and we both got notification from Ebay about our "prohibited" actions and if we continued we'd be banned from Ebay.
I gave them my email address they sent me private email messages. Ebay never said anything to me and as far as I know to them either and I did buy stuff from them. One was wiring diagrams and one was clothes dryer parts, now I can't remember what the other one was, it was too long ago but I think it was a carburetor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 23rd, 19, 11:37 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I gave them my email address they sent me private email messages. Ebay never said anything to me and as far as I know to them either and I did buy stuff from them. One was wiring diagrams and one was clothes dryer parts, now I can't remember what the other one was, it was too long ago but I think it was a carburetor.
Their algorithms have improved over time, itís against their rules, they can and will suspend people for doing so. It may not detect every attempt at communicating outside of their system, but a seller has to decide if itís worth the risk. If ebay is more than just a way to raise a occasional extra spending money, the answer is probably no.

Steve R

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 19, 8:44 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelrick View Post
I'm wondering if a 460 h.p. was ever made for a production car? and that kind of $ I'd want that whole engine under that lid
Wasn't the 1970 LS6 rated at 460hp in the corvette? I think GM had some rule that no car could have more hp than the corvette
shovelrick likes this.

396/Turbo400/3000rpm stall converter

396/Turbo 400/4:10 Posi/Frame Off Restoration

396/4 spd/3:31 12 bolt posi
Black 1970/LS5 454/4 spd/ 3:31 Posi

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 19, 2:40 PM
Team Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tireburner396 View Post
Wasn't the 1970 LS6 rated at 460hp in the corvette? I think GM had some rule that no car could have more hp than the corvette

BOTH the LS6 and LS7 were ORIGINALLY scheduled for 1970 Corvette production-------------NEITHER WERE EVER INSTALLED IN A PRODUCTION 1970 CORVETTE!

The ONLY PRODUCTION, repeat, PRODUCTION 454 installed in the 1970 Corvette was the LS5/390hp version (same as the 70 Chevelle LS5). Then, in 1971, the Corvette did get an LS6, but it was ONLY 425hp because of lowered compression.

The LS7 would have sorta, kinda have been a larger version of the 427 L88, with alum heads. Didn't happen. Yes a tiny quantity of LS7 engines with alum heads did get built and 1 or 2 got installed in 70 Vettes, and were driven by some members of the press ---------------------BUT THESE WERE NEVER AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC!!!!!!

Also, LS7 engines were built and sold OVER THE PARTS COUNTER-------------but with IRON heads. A dear friend of mine bought 4 of them from a Tulsa Chevy parts depts and he still has 2---------in the crate.
To me, the ultimate would have been an all aluminum 454 (ie the 69 ZL1). At one time, Chevrolet did sell bare alum blocks for those who wanted to build their own killer alum 454. Somewhere around 2003-04-05, someone had a 70 SS at Chevellabration with a "built" all alum 454 (anyone remember that car?). Pretty awesome I thought!

Tom Parsons
TC# 474
#3 FOREVER!!!!!
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak. (unknown)
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 19, 3:57 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom Lloyd

Garage

https://www.ebay.com/itm/67-68-Camar....c100005.m1851

$20,000 air cleaner... When $6,000 isn't enough air cleaner for you.

Tom Lloyd

take my advice, I'm not using it.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 19, 5:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZAUTO View Post
BOTH the LS6 and LS7 were ORIGINALLY scheduled for 1970 Corvette production-------------NEITHER WERE EVER INSTALLED IN A PRODUCTION 1970 CORVETTE!

The ONLY PRODUCTION, repeat, PRODUCTION 454 installed in the 1970 Corvette was the LS5/390hp version (same as the 70 Chevelle LS5). Then, in 1971, the Corvette did get an LS6, but it was ONLY 425hp because of lowered compression.

The LS7 would have sorta, kinda have been a larger version of the 427 L88, with alum heads. Didn't happen. Yes a tiny quantity of LS7 engines with alum heads did get built and 1 or 2 got installed in 70 Vettes, and were driven by some members of the press ---------------------BUT THESE WERE NEVER AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC!!!!!!

Also, LS7 engines were built and sold OVER THE PARTS COUNTER-------------but with IRON heads. A dear friend of mine bought 4 of them from a Tulsa Chevy parts depts and he still has 2---------in the crate.
To me, the ultimate would have been an all aluminum 454 (ie the 69 ZL1). At one time, Chevrolet did sell bare alum blocks for those who wanted to build their own killer alum 454. Somewhere around 2003-04-05, someone had a 70 SS at Chevellabration with a "built" all alum 454 (anyone remember that car?). Pretty awesome I thought!
ahhh ok, I never knew it was never installed.

396/Turbo400/3000rpm stall converter

396/Turbo 400/4:10 Posi/Frame Off Restoration

396/4 spd/3:31 12 bolt posi
Black 1970/LS5 454/4 spd/ 3:31 Posi

post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old Feb 24th, 19, 6:29 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Shane

You can send pii over ebay's email system you just have to be more creative.

Send them you email address surrounded by various letters.

Dont use the word AT or @

If its a common email handle like MSN, gmail, change it to geemale or some other weird spelling.

Send them the first part of your email in an email...

Then try sending them another part in a different email.

I have sent pics also, but you have to make them so they arent recognized by pic to text converters. Add colors, slashes to letters or just scribble all over them like captcha does.
NickeyChevelle likes this.

New oil is cheaper than new parts
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 19, 9:23 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bob

The 1970 LS-5 (360 H.P.) in my El Camino is a bit different than the Corvette LS-5 (390 H.P.) engine. What is the difference between the two engines?
Bob

1970 SS LS-5/M-22 El Camino- Org. Owner-AACA 2016-Senior Grand National Winner---MCACN-GOLD-2013
1970 ( FRAUD) SS 468 Station Wagon - Driver.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 19, 12:10 PM
Tech Team

Add says,,Make An Offer....If you want it, offer him $59.99. Although, I dont think its even worth that.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 19, 1:45 AM
Senior Tech Team
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd66 View Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/67-68-Camar....c100005.m1851

$20,000 air cleaner... When $6,000 isn't enough air cleaner for you.
$454. shipping isnt out of touch either!
chevymaher likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in