17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 6:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Gene

73 Chevelle 350 4sp

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d...633101785.html

My 1966 SS396 Project:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1972 GTO:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 8:01 AM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage
Re: 73 Chevelle 350 4sp

That would be a descent looking car if they just.did something with those bumpers. They are butt ugly and takes away from the whole car. Slap in a big block and severely tuck the bumpers and all good.
surmin69 and 300-D like this.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 8:16 AM
Senior Tech Team

Its probably at the top of the market for that year if it has many issues. If it has any prior rust issues that are starting to reappear then it would be a hard pass. An ad with one picture and a short non-informative description is not a good sign, but its worth checking out none the less.

Steve R

Last edited by Steve R; Jul 13th, 18 at 8:45 AM. Reason: Dffdfesfdfsfdfdfdc

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 8:32 AM
Tech Team
Troy

I'm not into 73's at all, so no comment.
fishhead likes this.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 8:36 AM
Tech Team
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300-D View Post
I'm not into 73's at all, so no comment.
so, then why did you comment? LOL........

i'd check for body filler in that car considering the location. If it's solid, then that's probably top dollar for it... has a cool factor going for it though!!
davewho1 likes this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 8:45 AM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

The price is a reasonable start. It is hard for those year Chevelles to break 10Gs, but a rare 4-speed really places the car in that small group. L48s used a Saginaw (since '71) but also used a 3.42:1 8.5" rear. Swivel buckets are desirable and so is a rare 4-speed console. I don't know, does the car have one? Not in the single picture or text. Sell that car, man!

Correct stripes low on the body & around the wheel wells would really help that car. In silver they would de-emphasize the bumpers. Don't hate GM for the bumpers, thank the insurance lobby.

That picture & map place the car near the Love Canal in Western N.Y. Better check for toxic waste.
71350SS likes this.

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad

TC Gold #120

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 10:29 AM
Tech Team
grr

While I am not into those years very much, the price seems reasonable for what you get now...That is as long as it is a rust free car.

Once again, these people take one pic from 20 feet away, don't have any of the interior, engine or trunk. Plus, they don't even give any sort of description of anything about the car. The car is from the Niagara Falls area, so it could possibly be a complete rust bucket...

Just my .02....grr

grr
Build Thread

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 10:46 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

The rear needs to come down and it needs proper fitting rear wheels/tires (the 80s called and they want their 'tires sticking out beyond the fenders look' back).

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakkoWarner View Post
The rear needs to come down and it needs proper fitting rear wheels/tires (the 80s called and they want their 'tires sticking out beyond the fenders look' back).
Yeah, I thought the same thing.

My 1966 SS396 Project:

1972 GTO:
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 11:34 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Price seems high but I have to admit that those ugly things kinda speak to me.

If I stumbled across one in excellent shape with a 4 speed and swivel buckets for around that price I would have a hard time passing on it.
DUTCH MAX HEADWORK likes this.

70 Camino...Roller

69 Malibu Stock 307, Reverse Manual TH350, 4,500 Stall Edge Converter, 4.56 Spool 35 Spline 12 Bolt

76 C20 VortecPro 496 628HP 655 lb/ft TH400 Edge Converter, 4.10 14 bolt
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 12:56 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

IMO,

For $11k, the interior better be excellent, and no signs of rust/rot on the body and floors...

Yeah, I don't care for the front bumper, but I had a '73 once, so that style just grew on me... But still, not sure if there is much upside...
71350SS likes this.

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 18, 7:21 PM
Tech Team
Troy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabel1969 View Post
so, then why did you comment? LOL........

i'd check for body filler in that car considering the location. If it's solid, then that's probably top dollar for it... has a cool factor going for it though!!
Why did I comment, because I can thats why.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 18, 8:59 AM
Tech Team

Garage

The bumpers look like a after thought from GM.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 18, 11:45 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick87gn View Post
The bumpers look like a after thought from GM.
They are. They were mandated by the gooberment. 5mph bumpers. Take 6 inches out of the venter of the bumper and bring it in closer to the grill and it begins to look proportionate again. Or put a Ford Mustang, I, I, mean Laguna front end on it. Laguna parts are getting pretty scarce now.

Those cars can look pretty good with some mods and they will clear huge meats inside the wheel wells.

I've had a few ElCaminos from these years and really enjoyed them. I would love to have one of these in solid condition fall into my lap. Makes a nice daily driver and with a few cheap mods handles and drive really nice.

If that were near me, I would go check it out and start throwing reasonable lowballs depending on condition.....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	73 chevelle ss.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	570074   Click image for larger version

Name:	1973 chevelle LR_MALIBU_FRONT.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	570076   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0059sml.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	570080  
71350SS and VinceS427bb like this.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old Jul 14th, 18, 11:55 AM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

Would like to see what Foose would do with those bumpers. Many times he mods the bumpers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 403 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.