• 1 Post By jt47400
  • 2 Post By ETD66SS
  • 1 Post By mr 4 speed
  • 4 Post By Jeff65SS

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 18, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Joey

67 Chevelle SS Clone Pro Street-What's it worth

I hate to sell my Chevelle that is my first car but that time has come (family, farming on gravel road, no spare time). I haven't followed car values for 10 years and have no idea what my 67 Chevelle pro street is worth. I've listed it on ebay, see the link. Any advice on it's value is appreciated, thanks Joey

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14286168793...84.m1555.l2649
Jeff65SS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 18, 3:03 PM
Senior Tech Team
Gene

Re: 67 Chevelle SS Clone Pro Street-What's it worth

Only thing I can recommend is to remove the pictures from the ad with your name, address & license plate number. Edit the pictures in MS paint or something to blacken out that stuff and re-upload.

Should never put your name and address anywhere near an eBay/CL ad.
427L88 and davewho1 like this.

My 1966 SS396 Project:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1972 GTO:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 18, 3:11 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

7.44 in 1/8 nice!!

very,very cool car. As Gene mentioned, remove anything with your name/address.

For constructive criticism, I would have dried the car thoroughly before taking pics. You have a killer looking ride-show it off well!!
I could see someone paying up to $25-27K, IMHO and experience.

Good luck with the sale.
Steve R likes this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 18, 8:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
terry

Me like, alas, me also broke... GLWTS!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 18, 8:32 PM
Tech Team
Bill

Garage

Nice hot rod. Needs better and more pictures! I would not bid good money without a better look. No offense but, did you wet it down to make it look more shiny or something?

1969 Sport Coupe SS Tribute Cortez Silver 454 400TH
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 18, 9:15 AM
Gold Member
Gene

mr 4 speed knows his way around muscle - his estimates are likely spot on. I also recommend you edit the photos and dry her off nice for a reshoot. Looks like a darn nice hot rod you got there! 20K+ reserve imho.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 18, 10:38 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETD66SS View Post
Only thing I can recommend is to remove the pictures from the ad with your name, address & license plate number. Edit the pictures in MS paint or something to blacken out that stuff and re-upload.

Should never put your name and address anywhere near an eBay/CL ad.
I can see not putting a name or address on CL but I always thought its silly guys blocking out their plate number with their finger in an ad. You drive your car on public streets where thousands of people can see the plate number.

Jeff Evans
65 Chevelle, LS3/T56 transplant in progress
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 18, 3:17 PM
Senior Tech Team
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff65SS View Post
I can see not putting a name or address on CL but I always thought its silly guys blocking out their plate number with their finger in an ad. You drive your car on public streets where thousands of people can see the plate number.

While it is now illegal for normal everyday citizens to track others down via license plate numbers, it's still doable. And it was made illegal for a reason. Sitting in a vehicle and writing down or snapping pictures of license plates as you drive is a lot different than having algorithms search ads to see if any "joints are worth" casing.

Go ahead and put pic's up online of your vehicles license plates, I guess I don't care if you do, just not something I make a habit of doing. And for as easy as it is to edit out, not sure why anyone wouldn't.

My 1966 SS396 Project:

1972 GTO:
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 18, 3:44 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I would agree with you on an expensive or collectible car.... I was more talking about those guys who list their $1000 Grand Am for sale on Facebook and use their finger to block the plate from view. Like anyone is going to spend the time to track down and steal their POS.

Jeff Evans
65 Chevelle, LS3/T56 transplant in progress
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 635 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.