Possibly a nice 65 SS? I really don't know! I wish I did! - Page 2 - Chevelle Tech
What's it worth? & ebay/online sales discussions

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 18, 10:08 PM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

Re: Possibly a nice 65 SS? I really don't know! I wish I did!

I think the car is really cool Change of wheels/tires and it'd get even better IMO.

I tend to agree that it's too bad you didn't politely request for more photos or info. It could have worked to your benefit if you were actually interested in the car since maybe his ad turned ppl away and you'd be in prime position. If you had no interest in the car at all, then who cares in the first place?
Steve R likes this.

1971 Chevelle SS454, T56 Magnum 6 speed, 3.31 Posi

Youtube Channel.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Twitter:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 18, 11:28 AM
Senior Tech Team

My $.02 here.

You are talking about a 50+year old car that has clearly been modified. Some will like the mods some won't. If you don't like the 283 or the seats or ________ then the car is not for you. End of story. Some people will love the car as a nice docile air conditioned 4 Speed driver. Again end of story...some love it some hate it.

As to the advertisement. Agreed it doesn't say much and if the guy responds with a "no" when asked for more pics / info then just MOVE ON. Why is this advertisement and the buyers behavior even worth a discussion? Bad enough people beat the $hit out of some cars that are for sale at various locations now its become a pastime to beat the $hit out of the advertisements!

This hobby just ain't what it used to be................................
Dean likes this.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 18, 3:16 PM
Tech Team

Very nice car. A lot of time and money has been spent on it. Aftermarket air is great, but im not a fan of the seats or steering wheel. I think 30k is a little high. 25k to 27k I think is more in the ball park. But then again... If you google 1965 Chevelle, There are a lot of higher priced cars out there. Maybe the prices on 65s are going up. I hope he sells it.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 18, 4:35 PM
Banned
Cory

Mebbe the seller shouda writ his ad like this here one:

1966 C10 Chevy Truck, short bed stepside rolling project.

$2,700 cash - FIRM, non negotiable

CLEAR TX TITLE

READ THIS ========== > your reply must include the word "PATINA" or your phone number so I know you're not a spammer

This ain't no ordnary ol' pickup. It's special. Kinda rare - actually "medium" rare after sittin the hot sun out in the pasture so long.

Now don't let them funky colors fool ya. That's genuine central Texas PATINA. Yes you can see daylight through some of the "corrosion penetrations" but hey - that's genuine Chevrolet, made in the good ol' U.S. of A. "RUST" - not that cheap imported stuff so it oughta last ya a purty long time.

It ain't got no motor. No transmission, No driveshaft, No radiator. Brakes don't work, the tires are shot, the wheels are ugly - BUT - it wuz running when I parked it.

I don't think it has numbers matching anything.

Let's face it. Yer gonna hafta buy yerself a lotta parts and twist a lotta wrenches ta make this thing roadworthy. -OR- ya can turn it into yard art and plant petunias in the truck bed.

Now, I'm gonna answer a bunch o' questions right here so I don't spend all my daytime hours responding to emails.

FAQ

Q. Why am I selling it?
A. I don't want it.

Q. What was the original engine and transmission?
A. 6 cylinder and 3 speed manual - column shift

Q. What is the rear differential drive ratio? Is it a posi?
A. Unknown but if that info is a deal killer, I'll go check it out.

Q. Will I accept a check / cashier's check / Western Union Transfer / Promissory Note?
A. NOPE...CASH ONLY

Q. Will I deliver it?
A. Yes. Within reason. I'd deliver it 50 miles or so. But really, you should come get it. Look it over. Have a beer. Share some masculine exploits...or feminine ones if that's your persuasion.

Q. Will I sell parts off of it?
A. NO !!!

Q. Am I the first or second or third or fourth, etc owner?
A. Got no earthly idea

Q. Do I have a motor and / or transmission for the truck.
A. YES. for an extra $300 - $50,000 depending on how fast you wanna go or bulldozers ya wanna tow.

Q. Can you test drive it?
A. I know that I'm being a little frivolous here but that question is just plain stupid.

Q. Will I hold it for you until you save up some more money?
A. Yes, I will store it for you - $500 down & $50 per day storage, payable weekly IN ADVANCE. No refunds.
Steve R likes this.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 18, 4:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Al

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream66 View Post

CLEAR TX TITLE

READ THIS ========== > your reply must include the word "PATINA" or your phone number so I know you're not a spammer

This ain't no ordnary ol' pickup. It's special. Kinda rare - actually "medium" rare after sittin the hot sun out in the pasture so long.

Now don't let them funky colors fool ya. That's genuine central Texas PATINA. Yes you can see daylight through some of the "corrosion penetrations" but hey - that's genuine Chevrolet, made in the good ol' U.S. of A. "RUST" - not that cheap imported stuff so it oughta last ya a purty long time.

It ain't got no motor. No transmission, No driveshaft, No radiator. Brakes don't work, the tires are shot, the wheels are ugly - BUT - it wuz running when I parked it.

Let's face it. Yer gonna hafta buy yerself a lotta parts and twist a lotta wrenches ta make this thing roadworthy. -OR- ya can turn it into yard art and plant petunias in the truck bed.

Now, I'm gonna answer a bunch o' questions right here so I don't spend all my daytime hours responding to emails.

FAQ

Q. Why am I selling it?
A. I don't want it.

Q. Will I accept a check / cashier's check / Western Union Transfer / Promissory Note?
A. NOPE...CASH ONLY

Q. Will I deliver it?
A. Yes. Within reason. I'd deliver it 50 miles or so. But really, you should come get it. Look it over. Have a beer. Share some masculine exploits...or feminine ones if that's your persuasion.

A. NO !!!

A. Got no earthly idea

A. YES. for an extra $300 - $50,000 depending on how fast you wanna go or bulldozers ya wanna tow.

A. I know that I'm being a little frivolous here but that question is just plain stupid.

A. Yes, I will store it for you - $500 down & $50 per day storage, payable weekly IN ADVANCE. No refunds.
Must have had his share of stoopid illiterate buyers.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 18, 10:09 PM
Tech Team

I like that ad. It should weed out a lot of dreamers.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 18, 10:31 PM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevycollecter View Post
I like that ad. It should weed out a lot of dreamers.
You are too optimistic.

Steve R
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 18, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jim Morrison

Quote:

CLEAR TX TITLE

FAQ

Q. Why am I selling it?
A. I don't want it.

A. NOPE...CASH ONLY

Q. Will I deliver it?

A. NO !!!

A. Got no earthly idea

Link?
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 18, 1:00 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
jackie

Nice car. Looks like a good cooling system, power steering, 12 bolt, stout 327. And it's a real SS.

the seats look a little odd for the car, but they might be great for driving.

'67 Chevelle Malibu, Catalina Blue, 540 inch Rat, Air Flow Reasearch 290 CNC Heads heads, Custom Hyd Roller, .675 lift, 234, 244 at .050, Lemons Headers, Holley Multiport Fuel Injection, TCI 6X 6Speed Automatic, 12 bolt Posi Eaton TruTrac, 3:31 Richmond Gears, front and rear power disc brakes, Global West Suspension, etc.

Last edited by jackie schmidt; Mar 9th, 18 at 8:24 AM.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 18, 1:10 AM
Banned
Cory

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lizard King View Post
Link?
Against forum rules cuz its my ad with an asking price.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 18, 1:35 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Against forum rules cuz its my ad with an asking price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 717 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.