Team Chevelle banner

How RARE is this Chevelle?

13K views 59 replies 35 participants last post by  flyingburrito 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I believe I have a VERY rare car and wanted some opinions out there. Also, is there anywhere I can go to see how many vehicles had these options?
I have a 67 Chevelle with butternut yellow, a vinyl roof, red interior, with power windows, AC, and disc brakes. Has anyone seen a yellow with red interior 67 Chevelle before? It's a project car, but the it's started off right! Frame done, new brakes, sway bars, rear end, you name it. Looking to get this for sale and need some input on what it could be worth? I think this would be perfect for somebody to finish it off and take to Barrett Jackson because of how rare a combination this is!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Need a close up pic of the Trim Tag.

#4 ·
How rare is it? Extremely, I'm sure.

However, as cool as I think it is that someone ordered the car this way, in this case, rarity does not equate with desirability. Nor do I think this car will be more valuable than any '67 Malibu in similar condition.

Quite contrarily, it might be less valuable as you're pool of interested buyers could be limited. Unless you know someone who REALLY wants a Butternut Yellow '67 with a Red interior, it could take you some time to find the guy who has to have it.

#6 ·
Hey Todd, that is an unusual combination for sure. Can't remember ever seeing that before. I don't think it would detract from the value. Some people, "myself included" like the oddball cars. I wouldn't say it puts you in another category value wise though. At the end of the day it's a project Malibu with some cool features. Good luck...

#8 ·
Thanks for everyone's input, I definitely appreciate it! And I agree, it's probably not a more desirable car to the average Chevelle fan because it is a strange combination. However to the car collector, I thought it might be something that's worth more since it could be 1 of 1? Barrett Jackson when finished?

#16 ·
This car is NOT a 1 of 1. It's just an odd color combination that frankly, is not very desirable.....IMHO.

I don't think there is anything remotely special about this car. I don't see any reason why a buyer would pay any sort of premium for this '67.

Hate to break it to the OP.....but Reality TV is NOT real.

#10 ·
Where was the car sold new? I have not heard of another 67 like that but there is a '69 Beaumont sold new in Puerto Rico that was Maise Yellow (Butternut) with red interior & white vinyl top. The current owner ditched the red interior :sad::wacko: , eliminating the most unusual aspect of the car. I also have seen in parts books that red interior was offered for export on the Beaumonts & Canadian-built Chevelles on even the base series cars after red was otherwise dropped from most domestic offerings for '67.

#11 ·
Worth more? Uh no. If anything its more undesirerable as there is a bigger pool if people wanting a nice exterior color like red, blue, black with a white or black interior.

Like was said earlier, put a huge M on the side like the golden arches, fill the trunk with French fries, and maybe McDonalds will buy it.

Super sports are more valuable than anything.

#26 ·
people wanting a nice exterior color like red, blue, black with a white or black interior.
Boring! I'd be happy to never see another boring black interior again. The greens, blues, reds, golds, etc. have so much more appeal.

Also, who wants another red car to blend into the sea of red cars at every single cruise night?

The more unique "60s" colors (exterior and interior) are so much more interesting.

#13 ·
This looks like a great car, but as others have said, rare does not necessarily equate to added value.

#14 ·
Find a real matching numbers LS6 with factory Air conditioning, and a build sheet to prove it and now you're talking money through the roof...

Or the pilot car

Or number 0001 VIN

Now you "may" find someone that has a business that has the same colors, or is a fond collector of rare color combos, but then how much does this guy want to spend on this car vs. the size of his bank account...

#15 ·
This may be a situation where changing the color will probably increase the value of the car. Since the car has a big block and 12 bolt rearend it has already been modified.
James

#23 ·
First, don't believe any of ones saying its not worth much or less, probably the same fools who told me my Pulp Fiction license plate from the Bloody Nova I once owned was worth 10 bucks. Got 900.00. If you put enough effort in listing it as that rare color combo, maybe someones favorite professional or college team had those colors and ordered that way. Look it up on NADA, its usually a higher ball park figure, and then go up a little more, you know someone will offer less. Good Luck with it, I would take it to the Pavilions in Scottsdale on Saturdays this month, lots of out of state buyers in town for all the auctions.

#28 ·
Nobody said it wasn't worth much. The consensus is that it isn't worth more than any other Malibu in similar condition simply because it has a rare color combo.

Plus it might be harder to sell if it's restored with that unique color combination.

I think it's super cool that it was ordered that way, however I personally wouldn't want to own a yellow '67 with a red interior. But I would sure love to see it at a car show. :thumbsup:

#25 ·
Have to agree it's a Malibu everyone is spending the big $ on the SS with real paperwork. I have a 69 Malibu all matching # with every registration from 69 the build sheet and plate, car has just under 12k original miles. Its all coming apart and a 496 is replacing the 255hp mouse.

#27 ·
There are no known breakdowns of option combinations or paint/interior combinations. While not on the "recommended" list of color combinations, GM dealer did have this notice:

"Exterior and interior combinations shown in charts below are those recommended by Chevrolet; however, any solid exterior color may be ordered with any available interior color if the particular combination is desired by a customer.

To protect against ordering errors with the resultant production of undesirable color combinations, procedures have been established to reject any exterior-interior color not in the recommended category until such orders are verified with the dealer involved. We wish to eliminate this potential delaying factor and ask your cooperation in circling any color code on the order form when a non-recommended combination is desired. This will permit processing the order for production without further delay."

I've seen gold and red in Madeira Maroon 67 Chevelles, gold in Mountain Green 67 Chevelles, and blue in Butternut Yellow Chevelles - combinations "not recommended" but certainly acceptable. While not normal, it'd certainly get its share of lookers at car show. Here's a white over yellow two-tone 69 Beaumont with red interior I have in my photo collection.

Attachments

#29 ·
My father owns a 67 El Camino, Turquoise with gold interior. Not standard color combo, but it pops and looks great.

Iowa State University colors are red/yellow, there's one market. But in the end, I agree with the idea of painting it red, keeping the red interior. Red on red is a cool combo IMO. Good luck!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

#30 ·
The value is if it still retains all those factory installed options and if it had a period correct 283 or 327 installed with all other factory correct parts. Yellow and red interior would draw looks that’s for sure. To get max value it needs restored correct. Painting it any color but yellow would be a sin and keep the red interior. And stay away from TV auctions. That has to be the absolute worse place to gauge value on anything

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.