How RARE is this Chevelle? - Page 4 - Chevelle Tech
What's it worth? & ebay/online sales discussions

34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 18, 10:34 AM
Tech Team
Jim

How RARELY is this Chevelle?

I have been doing many car shows since 1986. It is very rare to ever see a yellow car win trophies. I think it looks fine on some race cars. But I would still keep the stock paint and remove the existing interior and set it aside. And do black interior. This is a flip but often you end up keeping cars for a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 18, 10:48 AM
Senior Tech Team
Keith

Re: How RARELY is this Chevelle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by De70 View Post
I have been doing many car shows since 1986. It is very rare to ever see a yellow car win trophies. I think it looks fine on some race cars. But I would still keep the stock paint and remove the existing interior and set it aside. And do black interior. This is a flip but often you end up keeping cars for a while.
Do you build and drive your cars to please everyone else or your self. Depending on the answer is the answer to what color scheme to paint the car

1966 Chevelle SS 396/360 M21 3:73 posi. silver/blue buckets

Maryland Chevelle Club #682
post #48 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 18, 11:31 AM
Al

Re: How RARE is this Chevelle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Painting it red is the answer to making it desirable.
Resale Red

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

post #49 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 18, 12:16 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jeff

to have lived and loved back in the day. I would think it would be worth as much as it could be all original but then there are those that change a car to suit them. As this car is a project I would not see it bringing as much as a stock project car. But I am by no means an expert. You keep saying berret jackson like that adds value to the car, to me it does not it is a auction house and they are gonna try and get all they can for the car because the more the car brings the more they make that may or may not affect what your gonna see as you have to pay commission. to many people see these tv auction shows and think every car is gonna bring record profits and make them rich or is gonna sell for more then it is truly worth. I wish you the best of luck on your flip.

78 Malibu, 402, th350, holley sniper EFI, 9" 3:70, 27X10.5-15 hoosiers quick time Dot pro.
69 VW baja 1679cc. stick shift toy.
96 chevy 1500, tow vehicle.
03 yz85 fun bike.
04 scion XB daily driver.
post #50 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 18, 3:41 PM
Gold Founding Member
Administrator

Garage

Of course there will always be someone interested, just not very many so it will take a while to find that one person.

I'm thinking just get it all done and ready for paint might be the best, then the buyer can chose their own color.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 18, 9:16 PM
Team Member
Bill

Garage
I have a similar request about the value of my number matching Chevelle and looking at changing my interior color and from bench to buckets with console. First cars are like a house, curb appeal is very important. Just because someone ordered a color combo thatís rare is typically not a good thing. My personal opinion would be to keep the paint the same, go with black vinyl roof with either a black or white interior. Not as rare but more desirable color combo. Just my two cents.
post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 18, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Todd

If anyone is interested or curious what it goes for, I put it on Ebay. Check it out...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Chevro...NaUGC-&vxp=mtr
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 18, 12:30 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpippin11 View Post
If anyone is interested or curious what it goes for, I put it on Ebay. Check it out...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Chevro...NaUGC-&vxp=mtr
Good luck with your auction. I hope you get an amount that will make you happy.

Steve R
post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 18, 10:16 AM
Benton

I love this unique color combo. As a poster said earlier, it pops. When talking about price, you have to compare apples to apples. Is it worth more than a red on black Malibu? Probably. Is it worth more than a Super Sport of any color combo? No. The problem is that it is going to cost close to the same amount of money to restore it from this condition that it would if it were a true SS. I think you would get the most money out of it by keeping the colors original and doing an LS motor swap. There are guys coming up now who don't care about a car's pedigree as long as it has a hot drive train. The unique colors will then be the icing in the cake. These questions become more interesting as us "all original" purists are getting out-numbered more and more! My son is right now pestering me to put a 6 speed LS in my '67 Vette, and put the original 427 4 speed train out to pasture in the garage...the horror... (Although it would be nice to be able to hear the radio at 70 mph)
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 18, 5:47 PM
Tech Team

If it had been an L79 4 speed buckets/console... I'd leave it that color combination. That would be rare. Unfortunately, I can think of very few examples where color alone made it rare and more valuable. It could be an interesting car in that combination if made into a resto mod though.
Steve R and 67since67 like this.

66 ElCamino 396 M20 buckets/console tach/gauges
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 18, 6:14 AM
Senior Tech Team
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithb View Post
I disagree it depends on the car. I know people who will only buy one color car. and I know others who don't care. and plenty of people in between. I for one love yellow cars and wish there was more out there for sale. and I would never own a red car. about eight years ago my dad had a yellow 91 Corvette Convertible with a auto. it was a clean car with about 98K miles on the car at the time. I listed the car for sale on the internet on a Friday night, and the car was sold and gone Sat morning, and the car was priced according to market at that time. the guy didn't even try to chew dad down. so the point is there is a ass for every seat and everyone likes different things
So many people hate yellow cars, I like them, but they have to be the right color yellow. For me, lemonwood/butternut yellow was not the right color to repaint my car. If I was doing a concours restoration I would have repainted it the original yellow, but I'm not, so went with a different yellow. Also, I suppose I am not restoring my car to flip and try to make money.

My 1966 SS396 Project:

1972 GTO:
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 18, 11:03 AM
Senior Tech Team

Quote:
o put a 6 speed LS in my '67 Vette, and put the original 427 4 speed train out to pasture in the garag
I wouldnt....far from a purist but ls swaps are going to be yesterdays news at some point, watch.
what youngsters dont realize is no ls small block is going to look and feel the part of the big block. It just belongs especially in a 67 vette. They are too young to realize you can make plenty of power with the Gen 1 platform.

Quote:
Freedom is not caring what others think of you
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 18, 2:19 PM
Tech Team

I totally dig unusual cars, and this is one of them. It's more of a wild match, rather than a mismatch, as red goes with a lot of colors.

For example, if you know what a 1971 GT-37 is, it was available with two sets of stripes: red/white or red/black. This tells me red goes with just about everything.

The 1969 Road Runner had a stripe that was only available in white or red. The same year GTX had a lower body stripe in one of the two same colors.

This is not the first yellow/red car I've seen. In fact, there's never a way to claim "1 of 1" because when you look at cars that have production info (like Ford, courtesy of Marti), you'll see there are records of some unusual combinations in numbers greater than 1. Whether they were ordered or factory goofs, I dunno, but I don't feel any claims can be made without docs.

So I think red complements the yellow nicely. Where it starts to be problematic is that some people don't like Sunfire Yellow, but I do. I'd really hate for someone to change the combo, even if it is simply a matter of repaint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1970 442 W30 Motion.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	510850   Click image for larger version

Name:	1970 Super Bee FY1:V6R.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	510858  
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 18, 10:19 PM
Senior Tech Team

Garage

Its an analogous color scheme, thats why it doesnt look terrible. The car is in the perfect position right now that it isnt painted. That and the location that its being sold from are helping the sale price now, mainly the location. Everyone I know wants a car from the southwest.

As for the colors helping price; if you had two 67s in the exact same condition and with the only difference being outside color, 1 yellow and the other a popular color, the latter will bring more money and sell faster.
Steve R likes this.
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old Jan 10th, 18, 9:24 AM
Benton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuisinartvette View Post
I wouldnt....far from a purist but ls swaps are going to be yesterdays news at some point, watch.
what youngsters dont realize is no ls small block is going to look and feel the part of the big block. It just belongs especially in a 67 vette. They are too young to realize you can make plenty of power with the Gen 1 platform.
Good advice Cuisinart. No replacement for displacement!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 869 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.