Numbers Matching column shifter build sheet 1970 Transmission - Page 3 - Chevelle Tech
What's it worth? & ebay/online sales discussions

12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 18, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Re: Numbers Matching column shifter build sheet 1970 Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Mac View Post
if it were me, I would swap the motor too. But keep the origin motor trans and driveshaft. problem of selling a matching car to buy something not matching. when I domes time to sell your car, you have to deal with all the low ballers, tire kickers, the no shows etc. So when you finally sell the car, you get 2/3 of what it's really worth or 2/3 of what you paid for it. Now you have to go out and find another car that's not a total pile of garbage under the new shiny paint. So between selling your car and finding another suitable project you lose a year or more. Sometimes it just makes sense to keep what your happy with and modify what makes you happy. jim

Yep, I have already discussed that with them. I will probably do that in the future. They had another Chevelle in the shop that was on the way out, some kind of LS fuel injected engine with a 6 speed in there. It was pretty nice, I am thinking I will upgrade to a more powerful engine and steel bell housing in a couple years.
For now, I just want my car back and to drive it until it needs to go into the shop. Then they will do some paint touch up and upgrade the engine in a couple years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1970 SS396
1968 SS396 Clone (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 18, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Re: Numbers Matching column shifter build sheet 1970 Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingbut69 View Post
You never hear a purist say Dont modify that all number matching malibu it's seems to be all about the money and not the hobby of enjoying your car. Glad your doing what you want to the car and not what others think.
Thanks, I am really excited about getting her back. No word, but I have so many things going on I live in a perpetual line of waiting for projects to finish. So this is just another thing I am waiting on, this one I get to enjoy personally though!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1970 SS396
1968 SS396 Clone (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 783 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.