12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 17, 1:07 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage
Re: 70 chevelle

Here it is. Looks like NIK decided to keep it after all.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ct...341681170.html

Last edited by blm; Oct 20th, 17 at 1:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 17, 2:54 PM
Senior Tech Team
Anakin

He sure won't selling it for 30k.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 17, 3:31 PM
Senior Tech Team
Hank

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdvdr41 View Post
He sure won't selling it for 30k.
The body alone puts the price of that car in the low teens.

71 Malibu, Cottonwood Green, 396 BBC, AutoGear M22W 4 speed, 12 bolt 3:55 posi.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 17, 3:38 PM Thread Starter
nik

Garage
First off just wanna thank everybody for their honesty. That goes a long way.

I do have storage I can keep her up at my shop or I have a garage behind home she can go in

And my dumb a** didn?t clearify to you guys when I said pro street I wasn?t meaning full on out. And by future wise I?m meaning 10 15 years from now. I would just like to have the mini tub, maybe a roll cage, somewhat of a different style of gauges in the dash. That?s all. LED bulbs. Just little stuff for personal likings. I would keep the steel. No fiberglass I won?t be draggin or doing anything too crazy so I don?t see a need to change that. Sorry for not explaining myself better.

Here?s my problem. For as much as I do want to keep her I?ve been living with grandma all my life. 10 years with my high school sweetheart, things pile up. A couple months ago a dope head walked into my front door, strung out so much he thought his girlfriend was in my living room. He didn?t learn when I put my .40 in his face so things escalated. Long story short I got him out my house instead of just simply putting one between his eyes like the cops wished I did. Guess he?s well known by them. Well Here it?s the damn TV all along he was hearing. I?ve been on the same block since birth and it?s not getting any better where I?m @

I have my dads 69 camaro fully tubbed that ran 9.3?s but we?re gonna put a Street 632ci. In her this winter. 109 fuel gets expensive for puttin around town and going to cruises

Trying to get a down payment for a home isn?t easy @ 24. And the chevelle is my only option as of now. Maybe I may wait till spring. And the rust I wouldn?t hide from anyone. Honesty is what brings my customers back every year for inspection so that?s how my dads Garage strives. Honest work honest prices

Everything everyone said I will take into full consideration and as before I appreciate the reply?s very much and the full honesty from YOUR personal perspective

If there?s anything I forgot to reply to please message me or post.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 17, 3:43 PM Thread Starter
nik

Garage
And ya lol ofcourse I put the price high on CL. Too many people low ballin. That?s why I?m here on the forums talkin to people who hopefully know their stuff and can give me a right direction to go. Thanks again
12stones likes this.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 17, 3:50 PM
blm
Lifetime Premium Member
Brad

Garage

The following is not a rip on NIK. A 70 SS clone , a somewhat attempt at a clone has to be very nice to sell at $30k. The OP's car is not what most would consider a clone. It is a Malibu with a big block. Top price for a 70 Malibu with a big block is low $20's and that is a nice one. This car has rust issues and needs $20k in body work and paint which is more than it is worth. Who knows, maybe he owes a lot on it. The asking price is unrealistic. Maybe he will realize this and follow the GOOD advice he was given here. I stand by my original estimate of worth on this 70 at $11k.

NIK you posted while I was typing. Not trying to be mean just real. Could you sell that car. Most likely yes but at far less than you are thinking. I understand what you are saying. Everyone has obstacles they must overcome in their life. If you need to sell it then do so. Just doesn't help to sugar coat it. It is what it is.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 17, 3:52 PM
Tech Team
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
Here it is. Looks like NIK decided to keep it after all.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ct...341681170.html
For $30, it sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 17, 3:54 PM
Tech Team
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NIK- View Post
And ya lol ofcourse I put the price high on CL. Too many people low ballin.
Then don't write "obo" in the ad. State the price that you'll accept and write "FIRM." If anyone low balls you after this, then ignore them and chalk it up to that they just don't know how to read.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 17, 4:08 PM Thread Starter
nik

Garage
Appreciate the advice guys. Maybe I?ll keep her for the winter, get the body fixed, go from there. Not sure yet.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 17, 4:17 PM
Senior Tech Team

I usually sell, and buy from friends, so there is one price. However, when I sell or buy on the open market I figure the asking price less 10-15% is where an item will finish. Everyone wants to feel like they are getting a deal, negotiations are generally part of the process. Starting with a really high price will often dissuade active buyers from calling, they have more than likely done their research and know the market. I generally don't call on exorbitantly overpriced items, I don't want to waste their time or mine. What you will likely get are calls from low ballers and jerks that want to "educate" you as to what they perceive is the value of your car. Pricing and presentation are the two main ingredients to a hassle free sale.

Good luck, I hope you get your down payment so you can move on to a better living situation.

Steve R

Last edited by Steve R; Oct 20th, 17 at 4:20 PM. Reason: Zzzz
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 17, 9:22 PM
Senior Tech Team

Send a message via AIM to Jim Mac

I think your better off starting high on Craigslist, you advertise a 10 dollar bill for 5 bucks your going to get offers of a dollar.
Just have a bottom dollar in mind and if you get a serious caller, be prepared to deal. jim

Jim

70 chevelle, SS clone 454 4 speed
71 camaro. (owned since 1978!) 6-71 blown small block 400
66 chevelle 350 4 speed 3.55 12 bolt
66 el camino 350 th350 parts hauler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 672 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.