Comprehensive guide to converting from A/C to heat only?
Do we have a comprehensive
guide to converting an A/C car to a heat-only car?
I have a '69 El Camino that was a factory air car and I'm in the process of ditching the A/C. But, this is the first time I've done anything like this, so I want to make sure I have all my bases covered. To save me reinventing the wheel -- or more importantly, to save me from inventing the square wheel
-- has someone done this already?
This is what I think I've removed:
- Removed giant A/C box in engine bay
- Removed heater water valve
- Removed compressor, accumulator, receiver/dryer
This is what I think needs to be swapped:
- Swap A/C box in engine bay to heater-only box
- Swap A/C control box to heater control box
- Swap A/C blower motor switch to heater motor blower switch
- Swap A/C blower motor resistor to heater-only resistor
Is there other stuff that needs to be done? I noticed that the blower motor for an A/C car has a vent to cool the motor, whereas non-A/C cars don't seem to have that vent. I've already got that sorted out, though.