My 65 LS Swap Project - Page 9 - Chevelle Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #121 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 8:09 AM
Tech Team
Michael

Re: My 65 LS Swap Project

I still need to run the drain hose, thinking about going thru the kickpanel rather than thru the firewall. I believe there are drain holes in the outer cowl where the kickpanel vents plug into.

That's what I did, used a couple 90"s to keep it close to floorboard and kick panel and out the hole in the lower cowl, you can see the edge of it (white piece) under one of the hoses.https://www.chevelles.com/forums/att...4&d=1575163180
Jeff65SS likes this.

64 Chevelle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

85 Monte Carlo SS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 1:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bates View Post
And that part number/supplier would be . . . . . . . . . . Inquiring minds want to know!
Well, going to have to dig around for that one! I'll check my Amazon account orders, I think thats where I got it.

Jeff Evans
65 Chevelle, LS3/T56 transplant in progress
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear
post #123 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 1:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna View Post
I go back and forth on these seats, some parts of them I like, some I don't.

I wish they could dial down that logo. Looks like they offer pretty good support, which really helps you enjoy the drive.

Either way, they'll look good in your car.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk
I read that you can get them less logo but it'll cost you an upcharge!

The one thing that surprised me when I first opened the box was that there is a zipper on the back of the uprights! Sort of unsightly. I'll take a picture of it tonight.

I was unaware of this when doing the research but there's nothing I can do about it now. I'm sure I've looked at several sets over the last few years and don't recall seeing a zipper.
senna likes this.

Jeff Evans
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear

post #124 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 1:55 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Found a picture from an Ebay add.....

Since the zipper is black it really sticks out on my red seats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	615922  

Jeff Evans
post #125 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 2:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

I asked if I could get them without the logo, they told me that was the one piece they couldn't customize. It is right in your face though...

Build thread-

Album -
post #126 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 3:11 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan65ss View Post
I asked if I could get them without the logo, they told me that was the one piece they couldn't customize. It is right in your face though...
Really? I read a Facebook post where a guy from TMI responded to several guys complaining about the logo and he said it could be done. Guess it depends on who you talk to!

Dan does your seats have the zipper on the back also?

Jeff Evans
post #127 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 3:31 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc65elco View Post
Here ya go:
I don't have a picture but I used a Gates 19201 Hose.
David Bates likes this.

Jeff Evans
post #128 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 3:35 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes64 View Post
I still need to run the drain hose, thinking about going thru the kickpanel rather than thru the firewall. I believe there are drain holes in the outer cowl where the kickpanel vents plug into.

That's what I did, used a couple 90"s to keep it close to floorboard and kick panel and out the hole in the lower cowl, you can see the edge of it (white piece) under one of the hoses.https://www.chevelles.com/forums/att...4&d=1575163180
Mike, what material did you use to cover the heater hose clamps? I should have thought of doing that. I've had to reach up in there a couple times and cut myself on the sharp end of a clamp.

Jeff Evans
post #129 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 3:45 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

So I have a fairly old Custom AutoSounds USA-6 stereo. I know there's a lot of better head units out there now but didn't want to wrap up another $500-$800 starting over and I had modified my dash bezel to fit it years ago. The speakers I have are Kenwood 50 watt RMS and seemed OK but always thought they needed an amp to bring them to life. Plus i wanted a way to stream music so I bought this:

Hope it will work as advertised! Can stream directly to the amp, also has a USB port to use for charging phone. Think I'm going to mount it under the rear seat and run the handheld under the carpet and exit under the seat. USB cord too.

Jeff Evans
post #130 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 3:55 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

I also just checked mine and the zipper is down the center of the back but doesn't show up as bad on the black. And the colored stitching isn't used on the zipper.

Build thread-

Album -
post #131 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 3:56 PM
Tech Team
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff65SS View Post
Mike, what material did you use to cover the heater hose clamps? I should have thought of doing that. I've had to reach up in there a couple times and cut myself on the sharp end of a clamp.
Hi tech stuff, cut up inner tube and zip ties. Was afraid I might hear a rattle on the inner fender.
Jeff65SS likes this.

64 Chevelle

85 Monte Carlo SS
post #132 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 4:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Really? I read a Facebook post where a guy from TMI responded to several guys complaining about the logo and he said it could be done. Guess it depends on who you talk to!

Dan does your seats have the zipper on the back also?
I was working with Michael Koldus from TMI when I ordered up mine...and I agree, maybe it was just who you talk to.

Here is part of that email exchange...

One more question. Do the seats come with that TMI logo on the upper seat by the shoulder? Is there anyway I can have that NOT on there? Probably not as it's your product, but figured I would ask.

Michael Koldus <[email protected]>
Jan 11, 2019, 6:49 PM
to me

Hello Daniel,

I apologize as we are unable to remove the tmi products logo but the good thing is the stitch is the same as color of the seat so its not like a black seat with a bright green logo or anything.

Build thread-

Album -
post #133 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 4:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan65ss View Post
I was working with Michael Koldus from TMI when I ordered up mine...and I agree, maybe it was just who you talk to.

Here is part of that email exchange...

One more question. Do the seats come with that TMI logo on the upper seat by the shoulder? Is there anyway I can have that NOT on there? Probably not as it's your product, but figured I would ask.

Michael Koldus <[email protected]>
Jan 11, 2019, 6:49 PM
to me

Hello Daniel,

I apologize as we are unable to remove the tmi products logo but the good thing is the stitch is the same as color of the seat so its not like a black seat with a bright green logo or anything.
That looks more offical than what I read on Facebook!
Dan65ss and senna like this.

Jeff Evans
post #134 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 20, 6:14 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave

Quote:
I don't have a picture but I used a Gates 19201 Hose.
That hose appears to have numerous bends from what I could find. Did you find it necessary to have multiple 90 bends or would one single one suffice? Here's the Gates 19201 and the Gates 19045 that rmc65elco mentioned. Hopefully they are accurate representations!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gates19201.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	615936   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gates19045.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	615938  

Dave
USAF Retired (1968-1988)
UTC Aerospace Systems, Space Systems International - Retired (1989-2014)
post #135 of 148 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 20, 8:16 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

These are the hoses I used. Had to cut them up some.

Gates 20450 Hose
Gates 22358 Hose
David Bates likes this.

Build thread-

Album -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in