Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

65Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #136 of 138 (permalink) Unread Feb 8th, 20, 1:05 PM
Tech Team

Re: My 65 LS Swap Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bates View Post
That hose appears to have numerous bends from what I could find. Did you find it necessary to have multiple 90° bends or would one single one suffice? Here's the Gates 19201 and the Gates 19045 that rmc65elco mentioned. Hopefully they are accurate representations!
I don't have a photo of the hose after it was trimmed down. But, it does require two turns, one to get thru the Vintage Air plastic kick-panel cover and a second to get thru the panel under the fender. The Gates 19045 had enough turns, at the right orientation and distance apart, to get the job done. I'm sure there are many others out there that will work. Just bend a coat hanger and head to the parts store.
David Bates likes this.

'65 El Camino - LS3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 138 (permalink) Unread Today, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bates View Post
That hose appears to have numerous bends from what I could find. Did you find it necessary to have multiple 90° bends or would one single one suffice? Here's the Gates 19201 and the Gates 19045 that rmc65elco mentioned. Hopefully they are accurate representations!
Dave, I only used about half of the hose. See picture below. As mentioned it take (2) 90 degree bends, the top heater hose nipple on the Vintage Air evap case run straight towards the side footwell cowl wall. First 90 needed there to head hose downward. Second 90 needed to bend hose through the Vintage Air vent filler panel and out through the firewall hose panel. I cut this hose off as it exited the firewall panel and installed the Vintage air shutoff valve there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gates19201.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	616200   Click image for larger version

Name:	Heat Hose.JPG
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	616206  

Jeff Evans
65 Chevelle, LS3/T56 transplant in progress
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear
post #138 of 138 (permalink) Unread Today, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

A little more progress this weekend.

Secured back of radio
Installed Kenwood speakers into package tray
Decided to make a larger cutout of the trans tunnel so shifter can be removed from inside car. Need to fab a cover piece and install it with some clip nuts. If the trans ever has to be remove I think this is a wise move. Had a hard time installing trans because of the shifter stub. Will post a picture when done.
Wired back-up light switch
Installed antenna under dash

On the last item, not sure if this is going to work but it was free so I'm not out anything if it doesn't. I'm eliminating the exterior mounted antenna and wanted a hidden one. Lots if opinions on this but several guys had good results by placing their old mast antenna under the dash. So I cutoff the lugs on the fixed end and hung it in a couple of rubber lined clamps. I placed it so its not against any metal. We'll see!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0508.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	616208   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0507.jpg
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	616210  

Jeff Evans
65 Chevelle, LS3/T56 transplant in progress
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in