65 SS Chitvelle - My PT attempt - Page 33 - Chevelle Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

168Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #481 of 508 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 19, 2:53 PM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

You can get repair kits for our heater controls. Google: 1965 Chevelle Heater Control Lever Set

*Jeff*

Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
LQ4 / T56 Swap
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 508 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 19, 9:22 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Re: 65 SS Chitvelle - My PT attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
You can get repair kits for our heater controls. Google: 1965 Chevelle Heater Control Lever Set
I haven't heard great things about the fitment of those, but you are right, I should try them first, especially for the money.

Build thread-

Album -
post #483 of 508 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 19, 9:56 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave

Not my first choice but Red Venom Repos makes Heater Delete plates for 1964/65 Chevelles. Not sure about how well they fit but they are an option.

Dave
USAF Retired (1968-1988)
UTC Aerospace Systems, Space Systems International - Retired (1989-2014)

post #484 of 508 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 19, 8:21 AM
Tech Team
Michael

[QUOTE=Dan65ss;11109334]Ordering up a refurbished heater control unit from ThePartsGuy as the AIR selector level on mine is broken. Seems kind of useless paying money for a refurbed one and then just using it as the Vintage Air setup. Should have thought through it more before hand and had my dash filled in and then just used the Vintage Air digital setup. So someone else learn from my mistakes, PLEASE!

Ha too late for me to Dan, mines broke as well. Didn't even paint mine thinking VA had options. Guess I'll be looking for one to.
Dan65ss likes this.

64 Chevelle

85 Monte Carlo SS
post #485 of 508 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 19, 1:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

[quote=Mikes64;11111222]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan65ss View Post
Ordering up a refurbished heater control unit from ThePartsGuy as the AIR selector level on mine is broken. Seems kind of useless paying money for a refurbed one and then just using it as the Vintage Air setup. Should have thought through it more before hand and had my dash filled in and then just used the Vintage Air digital setup. So someone else learn from my mistakes, PLEASE!

Ha too late for me to Dan, mines broke as well. Didn't even paint mine thinking VA had options. Guess I'll be looking for one to.
Mike, I said to learn from my mistakes, not repeat them...

Build thread-

Album -
post #486 of 508 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 19, 9:57 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Stopped in to see the car this weekend. Dropped off a few parts like the heater controls, new shifter, horn button...

The exhaust is getting worked on. The over-the-axle bends are in place now and building forward from that. Using pypes universal 2.5" kit. Looks like we can tuck them up in the body so they won't be seen.

Picked up some of the unused parts and brought them home. If anyone needs a set of new front fenders and the radiator support, let me know...

Build thread-

Album -
post #487 of 508 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 19, 7:25 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Big day today...ordered up a set of wheels finally. Todd will be very excited to know I went with the Forgelines. 18x9.5 BS 5.5" and 18x11 BS 6".

I went with the RB3C wheel with Satin Black inners and polished outer lip.

https://forgeline.com/wheel/rb3c-concave/

4 weeks for delivery.

I ordered them through Matt's Classic Bowties. Simple and easy to work with.
Yelcamino likes this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #488 of 508 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 19, 11:46 AM
Tech Team
Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan65ss View Post
Big day today...ordered up a set of wheels finally. Todd will be very excited to know I went with the Forgelines. 18x9.5 BS 5.5" and 18x11 BS 6".

I went with the RB3C wheel with Satin Black inners and polished outer lip.

https://forgeline.com/wheel/rb3c-concave/

4 weeks for delivery.

I ordered them through Matt's Classic Bowties. Simple and easy to work with.

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! .
Same rims as mine except I have transparent smoke outer lip.

post #489 of 508 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 19, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965_ss View Post
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! .
Same rims as mine except I have transparent smoke outer lip.
I was thinking about doing that on the lips, but I didn't know if it was going to look like I was trying to match to the body color, and I didn't want it not to match, but look like it should.

Build thread-

Album -
post #490 of 508 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 19, 12:19 PM
Tech Team
Chuck

Garage

Not sure if anyone has asked lately about the Power Tour as mentioned in the thread title. Looks like the car could be done in time for the 2020 HRPT.

Will be starting in Norwalk, OH in early June 2020. Grafton MA to Norwalk OH is a 660 mile, 10 hour drive straight down I-90.

Gonna make it?
post #491 of 508 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 19, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

And off topic, but posted these after some fun 4th of July fireworks with my Uncle.

Build thread-

Album -
post #492 of 508 (permalink) Old Jul 26th, 19, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Camino View Post
Not sure if anyone has asked lately about the Power Tour as mentioned in the thread title. Looks like the car could be done in time for the 2020 HRPT.

Will be starting in Norwalk, OH in early June 2020. Grafton MA to Norwalk OH is a 660 mile, 10 hour drive straight down I-90.

Gonna make it?
Man I would love to make that trip!

Build thread-

Album -
post #493 of 508 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 19, 9:46 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Got a call from the upholstery shop this morning that my back seats are done. Will post up some pictures of them when I pick them up tomorrow. Excited to see how they turned out.
1965_ss likes this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #494 of 508 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 19, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Picked up the rear seat this morning. Looks good.

Jeff65SS, -SS454- and 123pugsy like this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #495 of 508 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 19, 3:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Wheels shipped today!
Jeff65SS and 66promalibu like this.

Build thread-

Album -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in