168Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #466 of 507 (permalink) Old May 20th, 19, 4:25 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Re: 65 SS Chitvelle - My PT attempt

Hi Dan, what fuel tank are you using?

Jeff Evans
65 Chevelle, LS3/T56 transplant in progress
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #467 of 507 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 19, 3:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff65SS View Post
Hi Dan, what fuel tank are you using?
Hey Jeff,

I went with a super cheap dorman tank from RockAuto as I wanted to use the Aeromotive Phantom setup I had purchased already. I think the tank only cost 73 dollars when I got. But because the fittings from the fuel hat sit up so high without a recessed top panel it needs to be spaced down and then longer straps are needed. So I might grab another tank with the recessed panel on it, or I might cut and weld....or just space it down some...

DORMAN 576073 (576-073)

Build thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Album -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #468 of 507 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 19, 3:43 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

An access panel would be nice, I didn't cut one for mine and it would suck trying to fix a leaky fitting once fuel is in it. I went with a TANKS repo with the Walbro pump.

Jeff Evans
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear

post #469 of 507 (permalink) Old May 22nd, 19, 4:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff65SS View Post
An access panel would be nice, I didn't cut one for mine and it would suck trying to fix a leaky fitting once fuel is in it. I went with a TANKS repo with the Walbro pump.
Lol, guess you could siphon out 20 gallons of liquid gold.

Build thread-

Album -
post #470 of 507 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 19, 5:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Driveshaft fits! No pics, but it is in. ECU is mounted, again, no pics...brakes and rotors are on again for hopefully the last time. Finishing up some brake line fittings...
Jeff65SS likes this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #471 of 507 (permalink) Old Jun 6th, 19, 5:06 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Got some measurements done on the wheels/tires. Looks like we should be okay with 295/35/18 on 18x10 in the back and 255/35/18 on 18x9 on the front. Ordering up a couple tires to make sure that make sense, then get some backspacing figured out so we can order up some Forgelines...I mean wheels.
senna likes this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #472 of 507 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 19, 7:40 AM
Tech Team
Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan65ss View Post
Got some measurements done on the wheels/tires. Looks like we should be okay with 295/35/18 on 18x10 in the back and 255/35/18 on 18x9 on the front. Ordering up a couple tires to make sure that make sense, then get some backspacing figured out so we can order up some Forgelines...I mean wheels.
Dan65ss likes this.

post #473 of 507 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 19, 8:42 AM
Tech Team
Michael

Post up some BS measurements when done, curious to know.

64 Chevelle

85 Monte Carlo SS
post #474 of 507 (permalink) Old Jun 7th, 19, 9:50 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes64 View Post
Post up some BS measurements when done, curious to know.
Sure thing Mike.

Build thread-

Album -
post #475 of 507 (permalink) Old Jun 24th, 19, 6:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Fuel tank is installed, spaced it down a bit with some rubber pieces to allow it to clear the pump and should isolate it as well. Made some new longer straps to hold it up. Have the power and ground hooked up along with the battery mounted in the trunk. The tires fit and we re-measured to make sure we will clear...so next is to get the specifics in writing on the backspacing so I can order up some wheels. Making up the intake piping next.

Build thread-

Album -
post #476 of 507 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 19, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Got up to check on the car this weekend over the 4th.

Looked good with some updates that don't show but are much needed to complete the project.

Looking good up on the lift. Going to look for some 18x9.5 with BS of 5.5" front and 18x11 with BS of 6" for the rear. Might just get some off the shelf ones if I can find them to get it rolling/moving and then order up something I find I like in the future...

Battery box installed and battery cables run. Used a Taylor box, Optima BlueTop battery, and XS Flex 1/0 cables. Probably overkill, but a long run from the trunk to the front end.

PST driveshaft fit in there very nicely. Fuel tank is hopefully in there for the final time. We had to space it down some to clear the fitting on the top of the tank for the new fuel pump.

Vintage air installed, ECM mounted, dakota digital modules installed...and the glovebox which comes with the vintage air kit actually still fits. Also no new holes through the firewall yet!

Working on the air intake setup now.

Next up is the clutch master and pedal setup, then brake proportioning valve. Also still need to plumb the vintage air in the engine bay and mount the condenser.

Getting close! Might not look it, but things are coming together now.
David Bates and 123pugsy like this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #477 of 507 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 19, 10:15 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave

Excellent progress Dan
Dan65ss likes this.

Dave
USAF Retired (1968-1988)
UTC Aerospace Systems, Space Systems International - Retired (1989-2014)
post #478 of 507 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 19, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bates View Post
Excellent progress Dan
Thanks Dave.

I was talking to my Uncle who is a big car guy over the weekend and was bringing him up to speed on all the updates for the car. I was explaining what the plans were for the AC and how I had been able to get factory style AC vents to fit because of the Chevelle forum and such helpful members like yourself.

Thanks again!

Build thread-

Album -
post #479 of 507 (permalink) Old Jul 9th, 19, 3:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Very nice Dan!
Dan65ss likes this.

Jeff Evans
post #480 of 507 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 19, 9:41 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Ordering up a refurbished heater control unit from ThePartsGuy as the AIR selector level on mine is broken. Seems kind of useless paying money for a refurbed one and then just using it as the Vintage Air setup. Should have thought through it more before hand and had my dash filled in and then just used the Vintage Air digital setup. So someone else learn from my mistakes, PLEASE!

Also finding it very difficult to find off the shelf wheels with the BS I need. I know I can order special ones that can be custom made, but I want to just get some wheels on it and get it rolling, then figure out what looks best on it and order up something that I really want. But in doing this I also don't want to spend a ton on the roller wheels.

Build thread-

Album -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in