65 SS Chitvelle - My PT attempt - Page 31 - Chevelle Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

168Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #451 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 19, 1:03 AM
Tech Team
Todd

Re: 65 SS Chitvelle - My PT attempt

You putting on a dash pad or leaving it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 19, 7:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalkingbear View Post
Wow! Amazing change in 4 years.

So much reminds me of what I went through with mine, but I farmed the body work and paint out. You have the right to be really proud of what you have done. Very nice!
Thank you. I had a lot of doubters when I kept digging deeper that it would never get completed. I used that as motivation to push on and make sure I did.

Build thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Album -
post #453 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 19, 7:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965_ss View Post
You putting on a dash pad or leaving it?
I am going to leave it. Mine never had one on it when I was driving it before, so I always liked that look.

Build thread-

Album -

post #454 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 19, 5:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Almost ran out of paint. Either a good guess or lucky. Last couple of pieces that needed body color. Trim still needs to be painted black.

123pugsy likes this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #455 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 19, 11:22 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

its going to look fantastic when all put together!
Dan65ss likes this.

Jeff Evans
65 Chevelle, LS3/T56 transplant in progress
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear
post #456 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 19, 2:31 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff65SS View Post
its going to look fantastic when all put together!
I sure do hope so. I have been thinking over what I should do for exhaust set up. Anyone have any ideas? Good or bad experiences? Obviously don't want drone. I don't like the raspy pipes either. Would like to get a kit that I could just modify a little bit to fit as required. Don't want to see the pipes in the back, would like them to be tucked up under and dump in front of the rear bumper or rear tire.

Build thread-

Album -
post #457 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 19, 3:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Since you're not looking for max performance you might want to consider 2-1/2" pipe after a long 3" collector extension. Its hard to fit an 3" pipe close enough to the floor on a 65 for it to be hidden, especially around the transmission crossmember and just behind it. X-pipe adds a nice tone to the WOT sound, that's if you can fit it in. I currently have Gorlich Xcelerator mufflers on my 65, straight thru design but super quiet cruising. I bought them from Pypes about 15 yrs ago, I think they make their own version now. If you want hidden exhaust you might consider painting it black, would blend in better. Its hard to hide the tail pipes on a 65, the quarter panel doesn't go down far enough to hide them well.
Dan65ss likes this.

Jeff Evans
65 Chevelle, LS3/T56 transplant in progress
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear
post #458 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 19, 4:58 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

More pics from today. Got it back together today. Ready to start on the next phase! I think it came out pretty darn good.

Build thread-

Album -
post #459 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 19, 2:07 PM
Senior Tech Team
Herb

Garage

That looks great, nice color!
Dan65ss likes this.

Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
1963 C10 454/4L80
post #460 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 19, 2:10 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
That looks great, nice color!
Thanks Herb. So many nice colors out there, hard to pick one. I am happy with my choice.
Yelcamino likes this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #461 of 507 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 19, 7:50 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

The car got moved over to another friends shop on Monday. Can't wait to get up and start working on it again this weekend. I am sure it will be lots of scratching my head and trying to come up with game plans...with not much work being done. But that is okay, you have to start somewhere.

Green Mountain Gear Heads - Vehicle Modification Defined
Jeff65SS likes this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #462 of 507 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 19, 8:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Garage

Nice color car really looks good.
Dan65ss likes this.

post #463 of 507 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 19, 7:30 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevys#1 View Post
Nice color car really looks good.
Thank you.

Build thread-

Album -
post #464 of 507 (permalink) Old Apr 7th, 19, 7:17 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Great weekend up in VT. Car got moved over to the new shop. It looks great in person. Really like the color and the way it came out. It had some good company in the shop with it. A couple old chevy trucks and a couple more chevelles.

Build thread-

Album -
post #465 of 507 (permalink) Old May 18th, 19, 6:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Got the ride height worked out. Measured and ordered up the driveshaft from PST. 4" aluminum ended up being ~59" long I believe. Getting the final measurements for the wheels so we can get those ordered up as well. And getting the fuel tank in it's final resting place. Headed up to check it and and work on it over the Memorial Day long weekend.
senna likes this.

Build thread-

Album -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in