LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #436 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 19, 6:10 PM
Tech Team
Todd

Re: 65 SS Chitvelle - My PT attempt

Oh yeah, looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan65ss View Post
Couple more pics today of the trunk lid and the doors. Looks like they came out very nice as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #437 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 19, 7:08 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Agreed.

Got my headliner, sail panels and sun visors yesterday. Really not looking forward to that install very much. Any tricks would be appreciated.

Build thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Album -
post #438 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 19, 7:12 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965_ss View Post
My rear rims are 18x11 with 6.5" backspace. Not sure that would fit on yours?

How wide is your rearend with rotors installed, hat to hat dim?

When I slid a 315 tire up in my wheel well like my build thread shows, that tire doesn't have a lot of room for movement. Are you running 295's or 315's on your setup?

You know you have to put some Forgelines on that bad azz ride!

When I bought my Chevelle back in 2012 I was looking at rims and the RB3C had only been out about a year. I wanted those. Then I saw Aaron put them on his car and of course it looked awesome. I stuck with what I wanted even though there was another car out there with them. I saw a white Nova with the satin black that I liked, so I went with that color for my white car.
I am thinking a 10 inch rim will be about right, maybe only a 9. I haven't measured from hat to hat. My rear end is 51" I believe, if I remember correctly. I have also been eyeing those RB3C wheels. And you are right, this thing will probably get some forgelines...if I trust my measurements enough when ordering.

I will most likely go with the 295s for the rear.

Build thread-

Album -

post #439 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 19, 8:01 PM
Tech Team
Todd

Quote:
I am thinking a 10 inch rim will be about right, maybe only a 9. I haven't measured from hat to hat. My rear end is 51" I believe, if I remember correctly. I have also been eyeing those RB3C wheels. And you are right, this thing will probably get some forgelines...if I trust my measurements enough when ordering.

I will most likely go with the 295s for the rear.

51" !! Are you sure???? That is SUPER narrow.

My rearend is something like 57", I ordered it 3" under stock. I did this because I didn't want a super deep lip on the back rims. Look at my pics and you will see. You have to take into account the thickness of the rotors you are going to use also. So know what brakes you are going to run.

Aaron's old stock frame was narrowed like 1.5" per side (not 2" like the current ABC kit). I believe he used a 10.5" with that 295 in the beginning. You should talk to him and find out the real deal and see what you should run.

RB3C!!! cool, do it up!!! I came real close to buying the VX3C.

post #440 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 19, 8:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Ah yes, those VX3C ones are nice as well.

Just checked my paperwork, rear end is 50 5/8"

Build thread-

Album -
post #441 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 19, 10:49 PM
Tech Team
Todd

Quote:
Ah yes, those VX3C ones are nice as well.

Just checked my paperwork, rear end is 50 5/8"
Wow, that nine inches shorter than stock. So you will have some deep lip rims, about 3" deeper than mine.

post #442 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 19, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Wow, that nine inches shorter than stock. So you will have some deep lip rims, about 3" deeper than mine.
I also have the full floater kit from MillerBuilt which adds ~1/2", but yes, it will have some lip.
1965_ss likes this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #443 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 19, 1:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

One more shot from today. They are wet sanding the body, and got the hood and fenders painted today.

Build thread-

Album -
post #444 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 19, 1:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Looks like this week or possibly next Monday I will be moving the car from paint to get back to working on getting it running and moving. Driveshaft needs to be measured and ordered, wheels need to be measured and picked out and ordered...tons of other things as well. But the tail end is looking pretty today.

Build thread-

Album -
post #445 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 19, 11:47 PM
Tech Team
Todd

Quote:
Looks like this week or possibly next Monday I will be moving the car from paint to get back to working on getting it running and moving. Driveshaft needs to be measured and ordered, wheels need to be measured and picked out and ordered...tons of other things as well. But the tail end is looking pretty today.

Looks nice! Can't wait to see it with the trim all on and slammed to the ground with some Forgelines!!!!!!!!!
Dan65ss and davewho1 like this.

post #446 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 19, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Looks nice! Can't wait to see it with the trim all on and slammed to the ground with some Forgelines!!!!!!!!!
You are like that little devil on my shoulder whispering in my ear.

Build thread-

Album -
post #447 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 26th, 19, 11:40 PM
Tech Team
Todd

Quote:
You are like that little devil on my shoulder whispering in my ear.

Car looks great! More pics.........
Dan65ss likes this.

post #448 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 19, 8:24 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

As with everyone else, car is looking amazing Dan, can't wait to see it come together! I might actually go put a coat of wax on mine!
Dan65ss likes this.

*Jeff*

Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
LQ4 / T56 Swap

post #449 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 19, 9:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

My daily picture updates. Some interior shots from yesterday. Same color as the exterior with a matte finish instead of the shiny clear coat. I like how it came out. Today's pics are with the doors back on. They were finishing up the inner fenders yesterday so they can put the front end on soon. Looks like it will be ready next week to move to the next shop. Then my trips back to VT every weekend will start so we can get it running.

1965_ss and davewho1 like this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #450 of 508 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 19, 1:38 PM
Senior Tech Team
Mike

Garage

Wow! Amazing change in 4 years.

So much reminds me of what I went through with mine, but I farmed the body work and paint out. You have the right to be really proud of what you have done. Very nice!
Dan65ss likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in