LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #421 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 19, 3:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Re: 65 SS Chitvelle - My PT attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahenley View Post
thats nice looking
I agree, they turned out very nice. Got the front seats and the rear seat covers yesterday. Will grab some pics and update this weekend with them. They look good also. Waiting on the headliner and the panels for the back seat area.

Auto Shoppe called and they were purchasing/mixing up the paint yesterday, will be painting starting Monday.

Build thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Album -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 19, 8:05 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan65ss View Post
Thank you. I was talking to a friend today and he was asking if it was still going to be a "driver" or if it was coming out too nice. I do worry that it will be too good for me. I hope I won't worry about it too much and still drive the wheels off it. I don't want it to sit in the garage. I am definitely getting excited again as the work is going to be back on my shoulders and not paying someone else to do it. I would have loved to have painted it myself, but maybe the next car I can do that.

Interior parts started showing up today. Went with the Sport R TMI stuff, the door panels and seat brackets came in today.

Hey Dan, What was the part number on the door panels and what is your impression of the quality? Summit has a pair of Black Vinyl w/Black Suede and Red Stitching (11-82033-2295-99-RS) for just over $200. What does the back side look like?

Dave
USAF Retired (1968-1988)
UTC Aerospace Systems, Space Systems International - Retired (1989-2014)
post #423 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 19, 8:52 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bates View Post
Hey Dan, What was the part number on the door panels and what is your impression of the quality? Summit has a pair of Black Vinyl w/Black Suede and Red Stitching (11-82033-2295-99-RS) for just over $200. What does the back side look like?
Hello David. I had another look at the door panels this morning. They look pretty decent to me. They could probably have used a little more glue and shaved some of the overlapped leather a bit more. But they did staple a lot of areas as well.

part number 11-82033-2295-4818-GS
Cost was 357.00

David Bates likes this.

Build thread-

Album -

post #424 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 19, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

The car got into the paint booth yesterday. Think they are painting today possibly. They did get the underside of the trunk lid and hood painted black.

David Bates and Jeff65SS like this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #425 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 11th, 19, 3:24 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

I know not many of you are up in this area, but I can not say enough good things about the communication and progress on the car that the auto shoppe has been doing.

Goes into paint tomorrow. All taped up and ready to go today. Just got this pics sent over to me.

Build thread-

Album -
post #426 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 19, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Holy smokes this thing is coming along. Look at that paint!

Jeff65SS, 1965_ss, Schwany and 1 others like this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #427 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 19, 10:06 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

Looks great Dan!! Getting excited for you!

*Jeff*

Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
LQ4 / T56 Swap

post #428 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 19, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
Looks great Dan!! Getting excited for you!
Thanks Jeff. Can't wait to get it on the road!

Build thread-

Album -
post #429 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 19, 10:41 AM
Tech Team
Troy

Looks really good. Body is strait and the paint is deep!!

66 CHEVELLE
post #430 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 19, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna View Post
Looks really good. Body is strait and the paint is deep!!
Thanks. Lots of hours into making things look right. Of course I put the quarters on there, so I am sure as a rookie I made some mistakes, but the shop made them look good. Looks way better than I had ever expected.
David Bates, Jeff65SS and senna like this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #431 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 19, 5:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Should have added the paint color just in case someone in the future is looking for the information.

BASF - GM Fusion Gray Metallic

Build thread-

Album -
post #432 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 19, 10:03 AM
Tech Team
Todd

WOW!!!!!!!!!! That looks SO nice! Let's trade bodies

Seriously, it looks great Like the color, a lot. That color would look good with the rims I bought

Someday, maybe..............

post #433 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 19, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965_ss View Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!! That looks SO nice! Let's trade bodies

Seriously, it looks great Like the color, a lot. That color would look good with the rims I bought

Someday, maybe..............
Thanks Todd.

Send over the rims, I will test fit them and snap a pic for you to visualize how yours will look

I am almost at the point where I have to pick some wheels, and still don't know what I am going with.

Build thread-

Album -
post #434 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 19, 5:04 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Couple more pics today of the trunk lid and the doors. Looks like they came out very nice as well.

Build thread-

Album -
post #435 of 507 (permalink) Old Mar 15th, 19, 6:06 PM
Tech Team
Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan65ss View Post
Thanks Todd.

Send over the rims, I will test fit them and snap a pic for you to visualize how yours will look

I am almost at the point where I have to pick some wheels, and still don't know what I am going with.

My rear rims are 18x11 with 6.5" backspace. Not sure that would fit on yours?

How wide is your rearend with rotors installed, hat to hat dim?

When I slid a 315 tire up in my wheel well like my build thread shows, that tire doesn't have a lot of room for movement. Are you running 295's or 315's on your setup?

You know you have to put some Forgelines on that bad azz ride!

When I bought my Chevelle back in 2012 I was looking at rims and the RB3C had only been out about a year. I wanted those. Then I saw Aaron put them on his car and of course it looked awesome. I stuck with what I wanted even though there was another car out there with them. I saw a white Nova with the satin black that I liked, so I went with that color for my white car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in