65 SS Chitvelle - My PT attempt - Page 24 - Chevelle Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

173Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #346 of 509 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 18, 12:35 AM
Tech Team

Re: 65 SS Chitvelle - My PT attempt

Here's the bracket I'm planning on using for the ECM. The ECM just snaps in so it should be simple to pull if I need to. My biggest concern is if I put it in the upper right by the VA unit, I believe I'd have to pull the dash to get the ECM back out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ECM Bracket.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	566697  

67 Chevelle
58 Vette
69 Camaro

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #347 of 509 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 18, 2:26 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

I have the 0411 "smaller" ecm. It has the plugs coming off the side, not the back like the E38.

I have made a decision that it is going up on the front of the trans tunnel and I will put a console over it. It is so tight up under the dash of a 65 with a vintage air system that I just don't trust being able to get it in there in a decent place and being able to access it if needed.

I needed to start making final decisions instead of mocking thing up and pushing things off. So that is made up, and the inner fenders decision is made up. Now I can move forward with my brakes and clutch reservoir final setup.

Looks like I am going to route my airbox/filter over on the driver side by the horns. With the 90 degree bend I have right now, that means I will have to relocate my power steering reservoir.

Build thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Album -
post #348 of 509 (permalink) Old Aug 2nd, 18, 9:59 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Looks like I will get a weekend to head up and work on the car this coming weekend. Will be good to get my hands dirty. Hope to have some nice additions to the thread next week.
Jeff65SS likes this.

Build thread-

Album -

post #349 of 509 (permalink) Old Aug 31st, 18, 11:23 PM

Garage

I've read this 3 time now...keep up the good work
post #350 of 509 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 18, 1:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Made a trip up to the car this week. Talked over my plans/thoughts with the guys at The Auto Shoppe who will be doing the next stage of body work, filler/primer/paint/assembly. I will get it back to do the interior and other final pieces to get it on the road. Sounds very simple when I write it down...but lots to do.

Got the car down off the cradles and back on the old wheels. Tidied up my area with all the remaining parts, and now we wait.

I will be getting the bumpers stripped and delivered up to the shop so they can cut and fit them a little tighter to the body. I am sure I have some other parts around here that they might need to make sure fitments are good that I will need to deliver.

But all in all, I am pretty excited to be moving into this phase and to be getting closer to final product.
Clint44 and David Bates like this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #351 of 509 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 18, 4:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Dan, gald to see hat you're moving forward. Hope the body work phase doesn't take too long!
Dan65ss likes this.

Jeff Evans
65 Chevelle, LS3/T56 transplant in progress
67 Chevelle, ZZ502, AFR 305, Straub Solid Roller, 400 Turbo, Moser Rear 3.42 gear
post #352 of 509 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 18, 6:03 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff65SS View Post
Dan, gald to see hat you're moving forward. Hope the body work phase doesn't take too long!
They said I didn't do a half bad job for first time every doing body work myself, so they weren't too scared of it. They are trying to squeeze me in to the rotation, so somewhere in November they will start, and thinking it will take them 3-4 months to finish it up. But most people call this body work/paint shop prison, so I am ready for the long wait. They are also fine with me poking around and trying to help out where I can when I have time, so that I can stay involved with the build, so that is nice.

Build thread-

Album -
post #353 of 509 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 18, 3:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

The shop is moving through some of their cars, so if all works out they might be moving my car over to the other building. Not that work will start on it, but at least it will be in the way so they will want to get it moving along sooner.
David Bates and Hotwire like this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #354 of 509 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 18, 4:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Tried to start an album, looks like they are all upside down.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/mem...an-s-65ss.html

Build thread-

Album -
post #355 of 509 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 18, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Got a call this morning, car got moved over to the work shop, they have already started working on it today. Let the good times start!

Added a couple of sideways pics to the album.

Build thread-

Album -
post #356 of 509 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 18, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

See if I can add some pics to this thread, keep some interest in it.

davewho1 and Jacksonk727 like this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #357 of 509 (permalink) Old Oct 11th, 18, 12:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Thanks for the new pix. I just recently found this thread and read through all 24 pages. Very nice work. Iíll enjoy following it to completion.
Dan65ss likes this.
post #358 of 509 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 18, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by any4xx View Post
Thanks for the new pix. I just recently found this thread and read through all 24 pages. Very nice work. Iíll enjoy following it to completion.
Thanks. I hadn't even realized it was 24 pages long. Well I hope I have helped some people with their builds, but it has been fun documenting it along the way with this forum.

Build thread-

Album -
post #359 of 509 (permalink) Old Oct 12th, 18, 8:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Got a call tonight from the guys at the shop. They have already put some hours into the car and have stripped what they need to, and are starting to fill emblem holes now. I need to get my bumpers up to them to get fitted. Sounded like a pretty solid first week of work to me. I know it isn't going to be getting all the shop time until it is completed, but nice to get some progress right when moving in. I have heard so many bad stories of places people have needed to pull their half finished cars out of because the place wasn't making progress or being shady. I hope to have a great place to recommend to everyone when I am done.

Build thread-

Album -
post #360 of 509 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 18, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Some progress pictures from the shop.

Filling in the antenna hole.

Filling in the trunk seams.

tommycomfort and Hotwire like this.

Build thread-

Album -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in