LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #241 of 509 (permalink) Old Jun 29th, 17, 2:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Re: 65 SS Chitvelle - My PT attempt

Rear coilover mounting bar install.

Rear end assembly with floater kit and ebrake

Build thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Album -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 509 (permalink) Old Jun 30th, 17, 9:25 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Well the photobucket change sure makes this thread useless!

Build thread-

Album -
post #243 of 509 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 17, 9:53 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Got the new RST clutch installed yesterday.

Build thread-

Album -

post #244 of 509 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 17, 9:57 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

PB strikes again!

post #245 of 509 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 17, 1:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelrick View Post
PB strikes again!
Yup. If you go to the site the pics are still there, just won't display in the thread...so annoying and depressing. Makes me not feel like keeping this thread up to date...cause we all know, threads are worthless without pics!

Build thread-

Album -
post #246 of 509 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 17, 7:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
rick

Garage

Dan I hope you can keep the thread going because your building a VERY nice chevelle.
Dan65ss likes this.

post #247 of 509 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 17, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Had a fairly productive day yesterday. Got the brake lines run up the driver side frame, and the passenger side run under the engine, so out came the engine again to get that one in. I used rivnuts instead of self tappers. They came out good. I also ran the NiCopp 3/8" fuel line up the driver side as well. I hope that will feed enough fuel. I have read a few different things about the flairs you need for fuel compared to brakes, what is the consensus from the Chevelle community?

I also threw the intake and water pump on the engine, along with the plugs and headers...looking more like an engine.

I then ran the battery cable up the passenger side frame rail. I am going to mount the battery somewhere in the trunk. So I was trying to get everything done on the frame so I can concentrate back on cleaning up my welds and getting the underside of the body ready for paint so I can put the frame and body back together and get some measurements for wheels.

I also worked some on the trans tunnel. Still needs some fabricating and welding...but its moving along.

I had a date in my head that I wanted to have my engine started by the 4th, didn't quite work out, but still getting closer.
tommycomfort likes this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #248 of 509 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 17, 12:09 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Nick

Hey Dan, reading through your last post reminded me of the time when I pulled my donor Camaro apart and when I noticed the various grounding points. The 2014 Camaro also has the battery in the trunk and I could not believe how many ground straps were installed to tie it all together - frame, body and engine.
Just an FYI - the engineers of the older cars didn't take bonding too seriously.

Here's a link to my 2014 Camaro SS donor to 70 Malibu restomod project:

post #249 of 509 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 17, 1:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy View Post
Hey Dan, reading through your last post reminded me of the time when I pulled my donor Camaro apart and when I noticed the various grounding points. The 2014 Camaro also has the battery in the trunk and I could not believe how many ground straps were installed to tie it all together - frame, body and engine.
Just an FYI - the engineers of the older cars didn't take bonding too seriously.
Thanks for the comment. Yes I plan on running a few grounds. Engine to frame, body to frame, engine to body, battery to frame...am I missing any?

Build thread-

Album -
post #250 of 509 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 17, 1:06 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan65ss View Post
Thanks for the comment. Yes I plan on running a few grounds. Engine to frame, body to frame, engine to body, battery to frame...am I missing any?

How about a battery to trunk floor. The Camaro had straps to the unibody everywhere, including along horizontal wire runs. Crazy...

My guess is you can't have too many.

Here's a link to my 2014 Camaro SS donor to 70 Malibu restomod project:

post #251 of 509 (permalink) Old Jul 5th, 17, 2:27 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy View Post
How about a battery to trunk floor. The Camaro had straps to the unibody everywhere, including along horizontal wire runs. Crazy...

My guess is you can't have too many.
True, I can add one there as well.

Build thread-

Album -
post #252 of 509 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 17, 2:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Rebuilt my JGC steering box. Had to do the ball bearing install 3-4 times to get it right. Feels much better now that it is refreshed. We will see when there is tires and steering wheel installed.

I also installed my aeromotive phantom fuel pump into the tank. That was a fun little project and I think it came out good. We will see about clearance once we have everything back under the trunk floor.

Then turned my efforts toward getting the trans tunnel welded in. As others have stated, not that hard really, but very time consuming. Very much a driver status, not show quality on that part.

Now I am on to wire wheel cleaning the bottom of the car. A lot of this has been replaced, so not a lot of old nasty grime from 60+ years of roads. But under the rear end area hadn't been touched, so that was some nasty work. I will have to clean up the cross member on the floorboard and the rocker panels, but hopefully I can get that completed so I can get some paint onto the underside and put the body and frame back together for maybe the last time.

Build thread-

Album -
post #253 of 509 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 17, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Been slow moving. Summer is the time to work on cars...and also the time to do EVERYTHING else, so weekends are numbered. Between redoing our kitchen, family visits and rental properties I haven't have much time to work on this thing.

I did get the bottom all cleaned up. Then seam sealed everything. All my weld seams. By the end it looked like I just undercoated the whole body with seam sealer.

I also was able to cut out the old heater box hole and weld in a panel to cover that. I am not going for a completely smooth firewall, but will try to clean it up a bit.

Next step is to etch the bottom and put on the Raptor liner. Then the firewall will get some hot rod black paint...then maybe I can put this back on the frame and leave it that way for awhile.

Anyway, nothing happening this weekend or next week as we are off to Maine for vaca with in-laws, then kids are back in school and soccer starts up...it never slows down around here. Guess that is part of life. Not trying to complain, just need more hours in a day. I am lucky to have this project, and the means to work on it, so I am lucky for that. Also have a great family that deserves my efforts as well.
tommycomfort and Hotwire like this.

Build thread-

Album -
post #254 of 509 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 17, 1:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Adding a few pics from my phone. Forgot to mention that I added seat belt brackets to the back seat. Didn't have them from the factory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2878_1503160558922.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	467346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2879_1503160570244.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	467354   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2880_1503160581543.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	724.3 KB
ID:	467362   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2873_1503160593799.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	467370  

Name:	IMG_2874_1503160605744.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	532.3 KB
ID:	467378   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2846_1503160686056.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	467386   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2847_1503160700604.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	467394   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2851_1503160752010.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	467410  

Name:	IMG_2848_1503160802422.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	467426  

Build thread-

Album -
post #255 of 509 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 17, 9:34 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

Looking good Dan, just knock it out a little at a time. I'm trying to keep pace too.

*Jeff*

Project Salty - 1964 4 door Malibu, beaten, neglected, red headed foster child
LQ4 / T56 Swap

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in