LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #151 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 16, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Re: 65 SS Chitvelle - My PT attempt

And some more progress-

Sneak peek- Maybe

Build thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Album -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 16, 2:50 PM
Senior Tech Team
Rob

Looks like that rear quarter already had a patch panel installed at one time.

65 Chevelle 2Dr. Post,Global West stage 3, Small Block, Small Journal 337cid. Howards roller cam .570/.570" lift 227/233 duration @ .050 LS112, Speed Pro forged pistons 10 to 1, Trick Flow 195,23 degree heads, Holly 750 Ultra, Edelbrock Performer RPM air gap.

My build thread>
post #153 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 16, 5:25 PM
Tech Team
Michael

Looks pretty close to yours

64 Chevelle

85 Monte Carlo SS

post #154 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 16, 6:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65chevelle300post View Post
Looks like that rear quarter already had a patch panel installed at one time.
It actually has 2 patches. One above the wheelwell and the other behind the wheelwell. Glad to get it out of there and start fresh. They were before my time.

Build thread-

Album -
post #155 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 15th, 16, 6:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes64 View Post
Looks pretty close to yours
Mike- That is awesome, looks like a twin.

Build thread-

Album -
post #156 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 16, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Second side is going much quicker than the first. I looked at that first side for weeks/months before finally cutting into it. This side is moving along very quickly. Got everything cut out and prepped or painted, now just need a few dozen fitment test fits and then we can move forward with the welding.

Build thread-

Album -
post #157 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 16, 10:13 AM
Tech Team
Michael

I did both sides as well, probably looked at it for a month before I welded it up.

64 Chevelle

85 Monte Carlo SS
post #158 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 16, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes64 View Post
I did both sides as well, probably looked at it for a month before I welded it up.
I was worried that the car would pretzel on me and I would never be able to get things back aligned. For my first ever body work I think it came out pretty good. I have to keep reminding myself that it is a driver, not a show car, and that this is my first and by no means am I a professional. But I can't imagine how many hours I have spent just staring at the car picturing or trying to picture things. Lots of head scratching. I would throw the panel on, leave for the night, check it out again the next day...then finally just started welding.

Mike- Did you go with a 5.3 or a 6.0? I see you have it mocked up now, but didn't see which it was.

Build thread-

Album -
post #159 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 16, 10:46 AM
Tech Team
Jim

Lookin good Dan
post #160 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 16, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin_Jim View Post
Lookin good Dan
Thanks Jim. I am enjoying the journey.

Build thread-

Album -
post #161 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 16, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

I have a stockpile of parts building up when I finally get to those points.

Probably jumped the gun on a lot of them, but at least I don't have to wait on delivery when I am at the point I need them. Have probably updated the thread with this already, but for those who haven't read it all...

Went with ABC for all suspension and ordered my Strange Ford 9" through Tony as well. Went with 3.90 35 spline axles with Kore3 brake setup. Went with Z51 rears with parking brake and Z06 fronts. Also ordered up a full floater setup from Kore3 from a company called MillerBuilt. Can't wait to see how that works out.

Got a Ididit steering column already.
Dakota Digital gauges
Vintage Air Conditioning setup
Got a set of 07 Shelby seats I might try to use.

I have boxes everywhere...can't wait to start using the contents of them. Trying to enjoy each aspect of this build/rebuild but also am anxious to get to other points of the build.

Build thread-

Album -
post #162 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 17th, 16, 11:03 PM
Tech Team
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan65ss View Post

Mike- Did you go with a 5.3 or a 6.0? I see you have it mocked up now, but didn't see which it was.
I have a 6.0 with a 4L65E, plan on keeping the drive train stock with upgrades to the suspension. Just got the frame striped, ready to get it blasted and powder coated.

64 Chevelle

85 Monte Carlo SS
post #163 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 16, 12:25 AM
Tech Team
Todd

Great job Dan. Wish you were close to me to help me on my build with fab work

post #164 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 16, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965_ss View Post
Great job Dan. Wish you were close to me to help me on my build with fab work
You might want to look closer at my pics before saying you want my help with fab work.

Build thread-

Album -
post #165 of 512 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 16, 5:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Had some time to put in on the driver's side. Got it pretty much all welded in. Needs some clean up, but pretty happy that it is on there now. Feels really good to be adding parts to this thing instead of taking more off it. I had wanted this summer to be the body work summer, and that has pretty much worked out. Got the floors and trunk in, the mini tub in, the cowl shoulder fixed/replaced, doors on, and quarters welded on. Next year will be time for suspension, fuel and brake lines, and wiring...

Don't know how many more updates I will have before putting it up for the winter.

I might even have to crack open a nice tall one for Aaron after getting to this point.

Build thread-

Album -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in