Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

Re: 66 P/T build

I said you "should" charge a fee..I didn't say I would pay it
tommycomfort and Yelcamino like this.

Mike
66 Chevelle Pro Touring build in progress

My 66 Chevelle build thread-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #407 of 417 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 17, 10:56 AM
Tech Team
Robert

Update?
post #408 of 417 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 17, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

I visited the car a while back and was pleased to see work being done. He had the front clip and the doors off and had begun setting gaps starting at rear door/quarter. The car had aftermarket upper door hinges and aftermarket hood hinges that were giving him fits setting gaps.

My old buddy Tom came through yet again and found a good set of used, original door and hood hinges in his inventory. Once all of the gaps are done the car is coming down to bare metal. He said he is still looking to have it done this summer so I couldn't be happier but I will not be too disappointed if it takes longer. I know it's in good hands and it will be done right so I can't ask for anything more then that.

Maybe I will remember to take some pictures next time I'm there.

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #409 of 417 (permalink) Old Feb 14th, 17, 12:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

The world needs more people like Tom in it.

Glad to hear it is moving along.

Build thread-

Album -
post #410 of 417 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 17, 8:43 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Mike

I was told by a buddy that all of my pictures disappeared from my build thread here as well as my truck build thread. Photobucket has made a change and now requires an upgrade to their "plus500" package" to be able to host pictures to a 3rd party site. They charge $40.00 a month.

While I hate to lose all of my pictures on my build threads, there is no way I'm spending that much money a month to be able to post pictures. This sucks!
tommycomfort likes this.

Mike

post #411 of 417 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 17, 9:12 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Yup, got me too Mike.

Build thread-

Album -
post #412 of 417 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 17, 12:19 PM
Tech Team
Jim

I've seen that on quite a few forums. Photobucket hosed a lot of people here. I use Flickr. Hopefully, they don't do the same.
post #413 of 417 (permalink) Old Jul 28th, 17, 5:30 PM
Tech Team
Johnnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McMasters View Post
I was told by a buddy that all of my pictures disappeared from my build thread here as well as my truck build thread. Photobucket has made a change and now requires an upgrade to their "plus500" package" to be able to host pictures to a 3rd party site. They charge $40.00 a month.

While I hate to lose all of my pictures on my build threads, there is no way I'm spending that much money a month to be able to post pictures. This sucks!
I come back to check this thread out, as I need to dust on my project and get back on it, and noticed good ole Photobucket screwed us all. Your mini tub photos were a great resource.

Hope the paint process is moving along smoothly Mike. Can't wait to see it done.

1966 Chevelle

1966 Chevelle - brought back from dead (Sold)
2009 Pontiac G8
post #414 of 417 (permalink) Old Oct 10th, 18, 1:22 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Kim

Garage
Cool Re: 66 P/T build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McMasters View Post
Ok, I have been struggling with something for the last month or so and I though I could get past it. I'm sure most here will think I'm nuts for doing this but I have decided against the LS swap.

I'm a Big Block Chevy guy at heart and I really "thought" I could go over to the other side. The closer I have gotten to ordering parts for my LS build, the more I have had second thoughts. I absolutely love the pro touring theme but this pro touring car is going to have a rowdy, big inch BBC under the hood. Everything else will remain the same.

The only downside to this decision for me is I have spent a little money on LS specific pieces but I will put an ad on here at a good discount and they should sell easy.

I want to hear everyones thoughts on this and I do have thick skin so bring it on
I've been reading through this thread with a vested interest because I'm kinda doing the same build. I was like... another LS build... then this!! Ah Hah! I'm gonna continue on with my reading and hope you don't change your mind again
post #415 of 417 (permalink) Old Oct 14th, 18, 12:30 PM
Senior Tech Team
Herb

Garage

Hi Mike,

I'm not on the forums as much as I'd like to be, but I just read above that you want to go big block instead of LS. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that! I did the LS swap on the El Camino, and yes I'm happy with the results, but my Chevelle always was and always will be a big block Chevy!
davewho1 likes this.

Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
1963 C10 454/4L80
post #416 of 417 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 19, 6:28 PM
Tech Team
Todd

Hey Mike!
Do you have any updates on the car build?

post #417 of 417 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 19, 4:36 PM
Jeff

Mike we miss the updates!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in