69 Chevelle Pro Touring Project - Page 21 - Chevelle Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #301 of 436 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 16, 12:21 PM
Senior Tech Team
Rob

Re: 69 Chevelle Pro Touring Project

Looks great, that stitching is really nice. I thought I was the only guy who didn't have his back window in yet.

65 Chevelle 2Dr. Post,Global West stage 3, Small Block, Small Journal 337cid. Howards roller cam .570/.570" lift 227/233 duration @ .050 LS112, Speed Pro forged pistons 10 to 1, Trick Flow 195,23 degree heads, Holly 750 Ultra, Edelbrock Performer RPM air gap.

My build thread>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 436 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 16, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Chris

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65chevelle300post View Post
Looks great, that stitching is really nice. I thought I was the only guy who didn't have his back window in yet.

I've been dragging my feet on the back glass since the windshield gave me such a headache. I ended up benefitting from not putting it in sooner. The rear 3-point harness, package tray, CCF combo would have been a real pain if the glass was already in. I say leave it out till you're ready to drive
65chevelle300post likes this.
post #303 of 436 (permalink) Old Jan 19th, 16, 11:47 AM
Senior Tech Team
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscraig73 View Post
I've been dragging my feet on the back glass since the windshield gave me such a headache. I ended up benefitting from not putting it in sooner. The rear 3-point harness, package tray, CCF combo would have been a real pain if the glass was already in. I say leave it out till you're ready to drive
I think you are correct on that. My 65 is nearly ready to drive but no front or rear glass installed quite yet. Stuck on paint touch up for the time being and I have my glass sitting in a box.

65 Chevelle 2Dr. Post,Global West stage 3, Small Block, Small Journal 337cid. Howards roller cam .570/.570" lift 227/233 duration @ .050 LS112, Speed Pro forged pistons 10 to 1, Trick Flow 195,23 degree heads, Holly 750 Ultra, Edelbrock Performer RPM air gap.

My build thread>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #304 of 436 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 16, 3:27 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Chris

Garage

More work on the interior door and quarter trim this weekend. Along with some re-adjustment on the door glass nightmare. I managed to pull one of the rollers off the stud attached to the glass. Not really sure how that happened since it didn't appear to be bound-up on anything. Maybe just a bad roller, luckily I had a spare.

At the end of the day Sunday everything seemed to be working well with the exception of the master electric window switch not wanting to control the passenger quarter glass. The switch at the glass works fine so I'm thinking a bad connection or pinched wire someplace. More interior pics:

Driver side door panel with master window switch:

A little bit brighter picture of the passenger side completed:

And a dark and crappy picture of the driver side completed:

Seats are pretty much the only thing left for the interior now. I need to fab up some custom A-pillars for the front-stage speakers, but that will probably wait until the spring. Way past-due for firing the motor, but I'm holding off for my mechanic brother for that... a bit of an end-of-project celebration!

1969 Chevelle Pro-Touring build:
Art Morrison GT-Sport chassis | ATK built 540ci BBC 713 ft-lbs / 700 hp | Tremec T-56 Magnum | Strange Engineering adjustable coilover shocks | Wilwood 6-piston 14" brakes | Modernized electronics |

post #305 of 436 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 16, 4:22 PM
Team Member
Mike

The whole build is extremely well done!
Congratulations.

_________
Mike
65 'ChevHell' Build Thread ~>
post #306 of 436 (permalink) Old Jan 25th, 16, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Chris

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post
The whole build is extremely well done!
Congratulations.
Thanks Mike!

Art Morrison GT-Sport chassis | ATK built 540ci BBC 713 ft-lbs / 700 hp | Tremec T-56 Magnum | Strange Engineering adjustable coilover shocks | Wilwood 6-piston 14" brakes | Modernized electronics |

post #307 of 436 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 16, 3:25 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Chris

Garage

I sorted out my window switch issue. One of the rear armrest screws was shorting the control wire from the main driver door switch cluster. I was also able to sort out a couple of small fitment issues with the quarter trim panels and installed the review mirror finally.

Most of the weekend was spent on sandblasting, priming, and painting the rear seat frames. All ready for covers to go on. Sorry for crap picture quality:

My new front seats should ship this week. If I'm lucky I'll have them before the weekend, but more than likely it will be next week. Hope to have all the seats in within the next week or two!

Last edited by chriscraig73; Feb 1st, 16 at 3:28 PM. Reason: bad spelling
post #308 of 436 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 16, 12:29 AM
Gold Founding Member
Ron

Garage

Great build up! I only dream of having the skill and talent and resources you posses, awesome.

I must have missed it if you mentioned it, what is the knob for on the console just forward of the shifter?

Ron
'87 Camaro IROC-Z L98
'69 300 Deluxe SS396

Founding member of
post #309 of 436 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 16, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Chris

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow_Tied View Post
Great build up! I only dream of having the skill and talent and resources you posses, awesome.

I must have missed it if you mentioned it, what is the knob for on the console just forward of the shifter?
Thanks Ron! I'm surprised no one has asked about that knob until now. It's not very interesting, but it controls the dimmer on the Dakota Digital cluster.
Bow_Tied likes this.

post #310 of 436 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 16, 11:24 AM
Senior Tech Team
Rob

Progress looks good here. So many important details on these cars.

Now I'm wondering Chris, what part of the windshield installation was giving you problems? I'm hoping to avoid what ever problem you had because I don't know anything about installing windshields.

My build thread>
post #311 of 436 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 16, 1:44 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Chris

Garage

Quote:
Progress looks good here. So many important details on these cars.

Now I'm wondering Chris, what part of the windshield installation was giving you problems? I'm hoping to avoid what ever problem you had because I don't know anything about installing windshields.
I went the route of a rubber dam and urethane on the outside. I bought a kit from First Class Auto Glass which had a pre-cut profile in the urethane nozzle. All I can say is that the bead sat too high and kept rolling over the dam. So I ended up with a ton of cleanup work on the inside edge of the windshield. I will probably just use a butyl rope on the back glass. The car will rarely see rain.

post #312 of 436 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 16, 2:52 PM
Senior Tech Team
Rob

Yes I've seen the rubber dam/urethane installation on YouTube but I wasn't so sure about it. It looked easy on YouTube but we all know that goes.

I'm going to try using 5/16" butyl tape for the dam on the inside edge and primer-less to glass urethane on the outside so I'll have the butyl tape setting the depth with urethane making sure it sticks to the 3M primer which I already applied to the step for the glass.

I might have to get some help to set the windshields because I don't think it's possible doing it by myself even with the suction cups.

My build thread>
post #313 of 436 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 16, 2:40 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Chris

Garage

Quote:
I might have to get some help to set the windshields because I don't think it's possible doing it by myself even with the suction cups.

The windshield is the one and only thing I've asked my wife to help with. I've got a long reach, but it's just too risky to try and set it yourself.

post #314 of 436 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 16, 10:48 PM
Tech Team
Jason

Love the build. I think we may have the same interior from TMI.
The seats they built are very comfortable.
post #315 of 436 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 16, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Chris

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasons 69 Chevelle View Post
Love the build. I think we may have the same interior from TMI.
The seats they built are very comfortable.
Thanks! Yah, TMI makes quality stuff and it is a great alternative to a really expensive custom interior job. I have the seats on order, but should get them this week or next.

Do you have a link to your build thread? I love checking out other 68/69 cars.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1122 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.