8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #91 of 101 (permalink) Old Apr 23rd, 18, 2:53 PM
Tech Team
Chuck

Re: 67 L99 4L80 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpol78 View Post
I'm thinking about going blue as a tribute to my brother since that's what he had it painted back in the early '70s. He wasn't sure the color other than it it was a Ford blue, so I had a spray out of Marina blue and a more modern blue with a little pearl in it (i.e let's just say it's not Ford blue).

I haven't seen them in person yet and my friend hasn't told me which is which but I'm guessing the lighter is Marina. The darker has a lot of flop in it which might show the body lines better.

My choice would be the left. If your not going with original then it doesn’t matter, choose what u like!

Everyone has done marina blue, red, black, etc.

Im going with a darker blue with lots of pearl. My original color was Sierra Fawn. Very elegant but most would prefer a sportier color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 101 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 18, 9:32 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckD396 View Post
My choice would be the left. If your not going with original then it doesn’t matter, choose what u like!

Everyone has done marina blue, red, black, etc.

Im going with a darker blue with lots of pearl. My original color was Sierra Fawn. Very elegant but most would prefer a sportier color.

Chuck, What color are you thinking? I like this one but can't find the actual color other than "deep blue metallic"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	driverreartop.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	548521  

67 Chevelle
58 Vette
69 Camaro

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #93 of 101 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 18, 11:38 PM
Tech Team
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpol78 View Post
Chuck, What color are you thinking? I like this one but can't find the actual color other than "deep blue metallic"

I have not decided. Its like a mental block lol.

Been looking at new cars trying to get a feel for what i want. Dont want a blue that flips to purple shade. Something similar to pic interests me

Name:	IMG_6074.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	548561

post #94 of 101 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 18, 11:38 PM
Tech Team
Chuck

Or thisClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6142.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	548569

post #95 of 101 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 18, 6:13 PM
Tech Team

I initially was going to paint my car this color (Lemans Blue Corvette) but then switched to green. I have a gallon of it mixed up that I'm not using too. Anyone interested in it?
post #96 of 101 (permalink) Old May 1st, 18, 10:56 AM
Tech Team
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordz32 View Post
I initially was going to paint my car this color (Lemans Blue Corvette) but then switched to green. I have a gallon of it mixed up that I'm not using too. Anyone interested in it?

PM me what brand it is and price

post #97 of 101 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 18, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Just a quick update. I'm trying to work through getting the pedals, brake master, proportioning valve, and clutch master mocked up. Already it looks like the Wilwood rod on the master is too short to reach the clevis so I'll have to figure that one out. I'm thinking about welding a coupling nut to the brake pedal clevis. Also it looks like the upper studs that go through the firewall on the pedal bracket may not be long enough for everything that's being mounted to them (clutch master plate, Wilwood brake master cylinder, and Wilwood proportioning valve spacers/bracket) so I'll need figure that out too.

I was looking at the clutch master cylinder kits from McLeod and Modern Driveline since it seems like some were having issues with home made kits or there was firewall flex on the ones that mounted directly to the firewall rather than the bracket under the brake master cylinder. I did get some feedback over on LS1Tech about the Modern Driveline kit and it was good so I pulled the trigger on it. It looks like it has the least amount of modifications to the car to make it work which I liked. I couldn't tell if you had to drill for the McLeod kit plus you have to use their clutch pedal. In looking at their bracket pics it looks like the clutch master cylinder hole was offset enough that you probably do. I'll post pics of the Modern Driveline setup once I get it put together.

I was thinking about trying to adapt the neutral safety switch off of a 70-72 Chevelle on to the 67 clutch pedal setup. Also I need to work out putting a switch on to kick out cruise control if the clutch is pressed. For that I was thinking about using a later brake switch for a Chevelle with cruise (I'll also need to replace the brake light switch to the same switch so it will kick out when the brake is pressed). Has anyone else worked this out?
Jeff65SS likes this.

67 Chevelle
58 Vette
69 Camaro

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #98 of 101 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 18, 2:09 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I received the Modern Driveline kit today and mocked it up. Looks like a nice piece and fits well. It looks like I'll need to clearance just a little bit at the bottom of the clutch master cylinder since it's just touching. I think I can just bend the lip on the firewall opening to get 1/8" or so of clearance.

I need to get a stud stretcher for the upper studs on the brake/clutch bracket. By the time I stack all of the pieces I can only get 2 or 3 threads on the upper nuts.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Firewall Side.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	566201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clutch Master Fit.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	566209   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clutch Master Linkage.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	566217  

67 Chevelle
58 Vette
69 Camaro

Build Thread:
post #99 of 101 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 18, 3:56 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Dan

Very nice setup.

Build thread-

Album -
post #100 of 101 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 18, 9:28 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Just a quick post. I've been working on getting the DBW (drive by wire) throttle pedal placed the way I want it. I originally tried using the corvette pedal but it sat too high so I adapted it to use the original pedal. In case you're interested here's the thread on working through it.

Also I'm working on routing the brake lines and will be working on the fuel lines while the body is off. Also here's a link to my thread on trying to get pics and more pics of my routing.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/141...dal-setup.html
https://www.chevelles.com/forums/16-...rake-line.html
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Brake Line - Front to Back View.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	339.0 KB
ID:	573136   Click image for larger version

Name:	Original Gas Pedal 1.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	573138  

67 Chevelle
58 Vette
69 Camaro

Build Thread:
post #101 of 101 (permalink) Old Nov 13th, 18, 2:33 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I'm making a little more progress. I started running the brake and fuel lines. I'm running a 1/2" feed with a 3/8" return on the fuel lines. So far I'm not real thrilled with how the rear of the fuel lines are coming out. I'm thinking I'm going to get a set for an SS and tweak the rears. Normally they run on the inside of the arch but since my car has the brace for the mini tub frame modification I'll have to run it on the outside for a short distance and then move to the top of the rear axle arch. I still need to find a place to mount/plumb in the fuel filter. I'm thinking maybe the inside of the passenger side arch.

On the brake lines I'm have to rework them to work with Wilwood master/proportioning valve. It's kind of a tight fit since the proportioning valve sits on the LH side of the master cylinder.

I also finally got my DBW throttle worked out. Now it feels like an original 67 throttle and gives me back the leg room that the corvette throttle was taking away.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fuel Line - Side.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	578742   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel Lines - Rear.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	578744   Click image for larger version

Name:	DBW Throttle Front.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	578746   Click image for larger version

Name:	DBW Throttle Left Side.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	578748  

67 Chevelle
58 Vette
69 Camaro

Build Thread:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in