1970 Chevelle Pro Touring on a High School Student Budget - Page 22 - Chevelle Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #316 of 330 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 17, 11:39 AM
Senior Tech Team
Andrew

Re: 1970 Chevelle Pro Touring on a High School Student Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton A View Post
After being away from the site for a while I cam back to get an update on the progress. For some reason I can't see any of the pictures!! Anyone know how to correct the issue?
Photobucket is holding the pictures for a $400 ransom...This issue has exploded all over various forums in the last couple of weeks.

Andrew

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram @projectgattago

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #317 of 330 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 17, 9:28 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton A View Post
After being away from the site for a while I cam back to get an update on the progress. For some reason I can't see any of the pictures!! Anyone know how to correct the issue?
I moved all of my pictures over to imgbb.com but the forum won't let people go back and edit posts so for now this is pretty much dead. If you want to keep up with the build I've been going back and fixing the pictures for my thread on pro-touring.com

1970 Chevelle Pro Touring Build - Page 8

6.0 LQ4, T56, Wilwood brakes, Ridetech Coilovers, Strange 9 Inch

2004 Silverado 2500HD LLY/ZF6
post #318 of 330 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 17, 9:33 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
David

Maybe it's time to start a new build thread anyway, considering I graduated from high school 5 years ago. Now the Chevelle is being built on a 2nd Lieutenant's budet! haha

On a more serious note, it seems like the pro-touring section on this site has gotten pretty quiet if not dead. Does the rest of the site have less traffic now or are the pro-touring guys just sticking to other forums?
Cubsfan3493 likes this.

post #319 of 330 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 17, 11:36 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlabooda View Post
Maybe it's time to start a new build thread anyway, considering I graduated from high school 5 years ago. Now the Chevelle is being built on a 2nd Lieutenant's budet! haha

On a more serious note, it seems like the pro-touring section on this site has gotten pretty quiet if not dead. Does the rest of the site have less traffic now or are the pro-touring guys just sticking to other forums?
From what I've noticed, people are usually putting their pro touring builds on the Pro-touring.com forums regardless of whether they have a Chevelle or not. Just depends on you though, when it comes to pro touring parts and advice though I'm sure it's probably better to look over there.
post #320 of 330 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 17, 12:08 AM
Senior Tech Team
Chris

This was one of my favorite threads that has now been trashed. Photobucket screwed everyone in the hopes everyone is desperate enough to pay to get them back.
Cubsfan3493 likes this.

1971 Chevelle SS454, T56 Magnum 6 speed, 3.31 Posi

Youtube Channel.

Instagram:

Twitter:
post #321 of 330 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 17, 8:44 AM
Tech Team
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
Photobucket is holding the pictures for a $400 ransom...This issue has exploded all over various forums in the last couple of weeks.

Andrew
Ahhh ok, thanks for the explanation guys!
post #322 of 330 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 17, 8:17 PM
Tech Team
Steve

Garage

Quote:
I moved all of my pictures over to imgbb.com but the forum won't let people go back and edit posts so for now this is pretty much dead. If you want to keep up with the build I've been going back and fixing the pictures for my thread on pro-touring.com

1970 Chevelle Pro Touring Build - Page 8
David, I had a similar problem on another forum (Honda Odyssey forum... I know, but I rebuilt an '06 Odyssey transmission and had a few requests for updated pictures of the process), and had one of the moderators update the links for me. It was time consuming, but worth it in the end. I know Phillip here has been extremely helpful when updating my posts, and if you want to keep this thread alive, I'd reach out to him. I've really enjoyed reading your thread, and the updates. you have given me inspiration to work on my build. I'd emplore you to keep updating the thread on this board if you can.

Steve

97/04 Toyota Tacoma Hybrid 4 door pickup Rockcrawler

If you don't know where you're going. Any road will take you there. - Cheshire cat (Alice in Wonderland)
post #323 of 330 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 17, 8:32 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserttaco View Post
David, I had a similar problem on another forum (Honda Odyssey forum... I know, but I rebuilt an '06 Odyssey transmission and had a few requests for updated pictures of the process), and had one of the moderators update the links for me. It was time consuming, but worth it in the end. I know Phillip here has been extremely helpful when updating my posts, and if you want to keep this thread alive, I'd reach out to him. I've really enjoyed reading your thread, and the updates. you have given me inspiration to work on my build. I'd emplore you to keep updating the thread on this board if you can.

Steve
I posted on the site discussion section and asked about adding an edit option. There's no way the moderators can go back and fix thousands of image links, they just need to let us do it. LS1tech and pro-touring.com both have post editing and the sites function just fine. Seems to me like it would be as simple as removing the timer that causes the edit button to disappear after a given time but what do I know? I'm frustrated that a change hasn't been made but I guess I'll continue to update the thread when I have new pictures.

post #324 of 330 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 17, 8:54 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubsfan3493 View Post
From what I've noticed, people are usually putting their pro touring builds on the Pro-touring.com forums regardless of whether they have a Chevelle or not. Just depends on you though, when it comes to pro touring parts and advice though I'm sure it's probably better to look over there.
I've been a member of that site for a long time and have never seen it so dead. Guess the big money guys are driving off us poorboys. lol

Clint Hooper

Sold
post #325 of 330 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 17, 8:56 PM
Clint

Quote:
I posted on the site discussion section and asked about adding an edit option. There's no way the moderators can go back and fix thousands of image links, they just need to let us do it. LS1tech and pro-touring.com both have post editing and the sites function just fine. Seems to me like it would be as simple as removing the timer that causes the edit button to disappear after a given time but what do I know? I'm frustrated that a change hasn't been made but I guess I'll continue to update the thread when I have new pictures.
Ask Philip or one of the other Mods to open your thread back up for editing, long enough for you to replace the photos.
They can do it, if they want to.
Cubsfan3493 likes this.

Clint Hooper

Sold
post #326 of 330 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 18, 11:31 PM
Tech Team
Russell

There's a chrome and firefox plugin that restores photobucket photos, it works great.

'68 Chevelle 2dr Ht
'68 Chevy C-20
'05 Suburban
post #327 of 330 (permalink) Old Dec 12th, 18, 3:12 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
David

I realized I never posted an update about the changes I made this summer. The LS1 Camaro brakes had been a bit underwhelming and I had been considering CTS-V Brembos for a while. However, with the manual master cylinder setup, I was advised late model calipers do not have enough piston surface area to be effective. Wilwood sells a caliper upgrade kit for C5/C6 Corvettes which allows you to run an Aero6 caliper with stock C6 Z06 rotors. I figured since adapters allow you to run stock Corvette calipers on a Chevelle, they'd work for the Aero calipers as well.

I needed new adapter plates, as mine were designed for f-body calipers. The new plates had to be trimmed a bit to clear the Wilwood caliper adapters. Besides that, everything fit together fine.

The big brakes meant my 17" wheels wouldn't fit anymore. I couldn't justify spending over $3000 on wheels for a car with ruined primer so I went with C7 Z06 replica wheels. All four are 18x10.5 and required adapters to fit. Rear tires are 295/40/18 and the fronts are 285/35/18. I would have preferred the 295s on the front as well but I ran into sway bar clearance issues. I need to switch to a splined sway bar to gain more clearance.

The Chevelle has a bit of a "murdered out" look with the black wheels now, but that isn't the goal. My plan is to paint the Chevelle white eventually with satin black trim and stripes.

post #328 of 330 (permalink) Old Dec 21st, 18, 12:51 PM
David

Car is looking good, it will look killer in white with black trim. I like the mirror upgrade too!

What size are the wheel spacers and were you find them?
Thanks
post #329 of 330 (permalink) Old Dec 22nd, 18, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
David

The adapters are 42mm thick (front and rear). They're from Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech

post #330 of 330 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 18, 11:19 AM
David

Thank you sir
For the info, keep up the good work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in