LT1 Accessory Brackets - Chevelle Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 08, 8:16 PM Thread Starter
JDF

LT1 Accessory Brackets

I have a 97 SS Camaro LT1 going in a 70 Chevelle. Does anyone have bracket dimensions to re-locate LT1 accessories? There is a nice kit from S&P for all accessories for $$$, and Bowers Race and Rod Shop has an AC delete/relocate pulley bracketing for slightly less $$$, but I'm not seeing any posts with functional dimensions for us less fortunate that have to fab at home. I'll start mocking something up soon when I get the engine back in, but in the meantime if you're out there with the info already let me know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 08, 11:43 PM
Gold Founding Member
Thomas

Garage
Re: LT1 Accessory Brackets

I put a 94 LT1 in a 67 and used the LT1 brackets and all accessories including the AC compressor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Carolina Chevelle Association
TC # 688
ACES 2759
PeachState Chevelles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

66 malibu wagon, 327, AC, pw.
67 chevelle 300 deluxe post, LT1-4L60E, 3:36-10 bolt posi,AC,tilt,pw,pl, Autometer gauges,custom dash
67 300 Deluxe, factory AC, project

"I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary,
too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious."
--Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Ludlow, 1824
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 08, 12:25 AM
Senior Tech Team
Derrick

have you tried fitting everything to see if anything actually needs to get moved? i think the F body brackets and accessories are the same as the B body parts, and i know there are a couple of guys that have put B body LT1's in their Chevelles without screwing around with anything.

"Detroit hasn't felt any real pride since George Bush went to Japan and vomited on their auto executives, I tell you whut"

-Hank Hill

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 08, 2:04 AM Thread Starter
JDF

Yeah, I'm going to try it. I'll put the engine back in tonight and put on the accessories. Who knows, if it works, there may be room for a supercharger on the drivers side later on!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 08, 11:35 AM
Senior Tech Team
Big Al

F-body stuff worked fine on my 72 with the AC delete pulley. Pretty sure the Y-body stuff will work with the AC without mods.

1968 Impala Turbo 6.0 798 RWHP

72' 5 speed LY6 Malibu-Sold

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 08, 1:41 PM
Senior Tech Team
"The Stig"

It will fit with stock brackets.

A/C compressor is tight, but will work if you modify the rear compressor bracket... if you delete the A/C (pulley for 1LE package Camaro) you won't have any problems at all.

Derek Kiefer, member of Minnesota's

-
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Nov 30th, 08, 7:08 PM
Pypes Exhaust

Let me know if you need any of the brackets. I have a wrecked 97 SS at home.

PYPES EXHAUST SPONSOR
BrandonT
My ride
1969 Chevelle 325 HORSE "SS 396" / 4 SPEED
NUMBERS MATCHING / ASZURE TOURQUISE
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 08, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
JDF

I'm short the power steering system (pump, lines, reservoir), idle tension arm and am not sure about the working condition of the AC parts. I don't have a radiator yet also. I started looking on line today.

As for the engine I'm running an LT4 Hotcam and 30 Lb injectors and it's complete. I don't have any engine top cover plates, EGR block-off plates or throttle cable.

Transmission (T56) I need the hydraulic clutch assembly and I'm fabricating the adapter bracket this week I think.

Let me know what you've got and want for it. Thanks!

Last edited by JDF; Dec 2nd, 08 at 1:53 AM. Reason: didn't need to post my e-mail address
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 08, 9:44 AM
Pypes Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
I'm short the power steering system (pump, lines, reservoir), idle tension arm and am not sure about the working condition of the AC parts. I don't have a radiator yet also. I started looking on line today.

As for the engine I'm running an LT4 Hotcam and 30 Lb injectors and it's complete. I don't have any engine top cover plates, EGR block-off plates or throttle cable.

Transmission (T56) I need the hydraulic clutch assembly and I'm fabricating the adapter bracket this week I think.

Let me know what you've got and want for it. Thanks!
I'll pull the engine out and see what I have and get some pics for you. Do you want to PM me your email address or do you want me to send pics to your PM?
Brandon

PYPES EXHAUST SPONSOR
BrandonT
My ride
1969 Chevelle 325 HORSE "SS 396" / 4 SPEED
NUMBERS MATCHING / ASZURE TOURQUISE
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 5th, 08, 9:41 PM Thread Starter
JDF

I scored the A/C system from a friend of mine yesterday so at least that's out of the way. Thanks Jerry! I'm still looking for the power steering stuff but will go ahead and install the engine this weekend and start on the accessory bracket and weld in the O2 bungs.

Good times!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 08, 9:26 PM
Tech Team
Derek

If you can't find all the power steering tuff you need, I have an extra power steering pump laying around. I think it might have a hose or two on it as well. I was going to use it, but I bought a donor car so I have this one still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 4001 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.