Mali2ude going together for Power Tour 08 - Chevelle Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 08, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Mali2ude going together for Power Tour 08

I'll keep this thread updated as I put the car back together for (hopefully) Power Tour this year. Just picked up the car Sunday. Paint looks great, went with a darker color than originally planned; it's a BMW color called sparkling graphite. We aren't going to color sand and buff the car for a couple months to let the paint cure some.

Jim Ramirez (my friend who did the body and paint on the car) came over today and shot the bottom with a bedliner product. I was going to do it myself, but since he offered (I ain't no fool! ). Looks great, and should last forever.

The chassis was taken apart and re-detailed Sunday/Monday. I had totally wrapped the freshly powdercoated frame and suspension in saran wrap for the trip to Jims for paint and bodywork. That worked great, no overspray, just lots of dust to hose off. I also added my new ATS spindles and new Touring Classic front brakes with Baer Eradispeed rotors while I had the chassis out; what nice stuff, thanks to them for a great product.

Anyway, I lowered the body back on the chassis tonight and will be going full-speed to get this thing back together. Here's a few pics.

Jody

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 08, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Re: Mali2ude going together for Power Tour 08

Jody

post #3 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 08, 12:17 AM
Senior Tech Team
Neal

Looking good. You have definitely been busy. I can't wait to see it all back together cuz that color is pretty killer.

1967 Chevelle
LS1 swap is completed!

12.70 at 108.95mph

post #4 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 08, 2:53 AM
Kevin

looks good. Im intrested in the rear frame modifications, do you have any other pictures of the frame?
post #5 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 08, 7:57 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Jarrett

Looks awesome! Love the wheel/tire combo.

'

post #6 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 08, 8:43 AM
Tech Team
MATT

Dam man!

"WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE"

post #7 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 08, 9:40 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krush9451 View Post
looks good. Im intrested in the rear frame modifications, do you have any other pictures of the frame?
Here's a few of how Mark Stielow modded the frame.

Jody

post #8 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 08, 10:22 AM
Team Member
Mike

Very nice !!! Also nice web site. Question: what are the sizes of the wheels and tires ?

Wilton near Sacramento ?

Mike

post #9 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 08, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMalibu View Post
Very nice !!! Also nice web site. Question: what are the sizes of the wheels and tires ?

Wilton near Sacramento ?
Wilton is next to Elk Grove. The fronts are 17 X 8" with 245's and the rears are 17 X 11's with 315/35-17's.

Jody

Jody

post #10 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 08, 10:39 AM

Man, is that awesome or what!! Keep the pic's comming I can't wait to see the finished product. One day my 64 will be at that stage. It would be hard to sleep at night having that machine in the garage. GET-R-DONE!! Joel
post #11 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 08, 11:02 AM
Senior Tech Team

Jody,

Car is looking great! I can't wait to see it all together. Are those your final decision on rims?

-Todd

post #12 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 08, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateNight72 View Post
Jody,

Car is looking great! I can't wait to see it all together. Are those your final decision on rims?

-Todd

no. I bought these almost a year ago, so they're on the car for now. I'm still looking for a more modern wheel to change the look of the car.

Jody

Jody

post #13 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 08, 1:05 PM
Doug

On the frame mods, where was the center section cut and narrowed? Were the spring / shock mounts just moved inward the same amount? I have a boxed frame that I am probably going to narrow also.
Thanks
post #14 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 08, 1:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68SS2 View Post
On the frame mods, where was the center section cut and narrowed? Were the spring / shock mounts just moved inward the same amount? I have a boxed frame that I am probably going to narrow also.
Thanks
if you look at the pics you can see where he cut and sectioned the area around the tire, moving it in a couple inches or so, then boxed all the areas in. He had to re-locate the body mount area to line up with the factory mount on the body. The body mount on the body is stock location (I think), he just moved it on the frame to match after sectioning.

Jody

post #15 of 347 (permalink) Old Feb 28th, 08, 2:42 PM
Senior Tech Team
Tim King

Send a message via AIM to Bad66Chevelle454

LOVE the car. I've been debating paint color for awhile. I was actually looking at your renderings to decide if I wanted to go silver or dark gray. I decided on the gray, somebody I know suggested BMW's color. Then on another post I saw you painted it BMW Sparkling Graphite. That is THE color. So I told my paint shop guy to paint my car that color. Hope you dont mind! I've looked and looked and I keep coming back to that color. Looks awesome though...could you please post a few more showing off the paint??? Thanks!

-Tim-

Build Thread:

Special thanks to:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 3941 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.