Lifetime Premium Member

Re: Mali2ude going together for Power Tour 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy fan attic View Post
Pics of the frame notching?????
look on the first page of this thread.

Jody

Jody

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 1:18 PM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
I do not know the rear end width. I think he widened the tubs, notched the frame, set the wheels and tires in there and then took his measurement for the rear.

Jody

he narrowed it 2"

DEMONIC OBSIDIAN
1965 Chevelle LS2 project.

post #48 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 2:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rantheman View Post
he narrowed it 2"

are you sure? It doesn't seem that 17 X 11" wide wheels with 5.5" b.s. would fit inside the fenders if the rear end was only narrowed 1" per side.

Jody

post #49 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 5:22 PM
Senior Tech Team
Tim

i guess i dont understand... whats the point of narrowing the rear if the wheels are only an inch wider than those that are put on it with a stock rear? guys throw 10s on there all the time. whats the difference with the 11s.

tim

"WidowMaker" - 70 Chevelle Pro Touring - Garage Built, Backyard Painted

Special Thanks To:
;
;

Build Thread :
post #50 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 5:51 PM
Senior Tech Team
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 430 HP 70 View Post
i guess i dont understand... whats the point of narrowing the rear if the wheels are only an inch wider than those that are put on it with a stock rear? guys throw 10s on there all the time. whats the difference with the 11s.

tim
I think you just answered you own question. An 11" wide wheel is 1" wider than a 10" wide wheel. Probably isn't space for a 11" wide wheel. That's the point of narrowing the frame and widening the wheel wells.

It appears to me, the frame was narrowed 2" on each side. That's only from my non-technical viewing of the pictures on page 1 of this thread and the picture of the wheel wells in the picture above.

post #51 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 7:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 430 HP 70 View Post

tim
I didn't think you could get 10's on the rear of a 64 Chevelle.......... 68-later, no problem, but the early cars (64/65) had no wheelwell room.

Jody

Jody

post #52 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 7:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

been working on the exhaust until my glass shows up. Fortunately I can re-use everything Mark and Stainless Works built other than the down-pipe from the turbos. I wanted to get the exhaust on so I can find someone to fab my downpipes before I put the front sheetmetal on the car. Here's a few pics, I'll get better ones later. It's a snug fit around the upper control arms and coil springs.

Next up is the stainless tank and plumbing the engine.

Jody

Jody

post #53 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 7:20 PM
Senior Tech Team
Tim

sorry, i thought we were talking rear end housing, not frame.

"WidowMaker" - 70 Chevelle Pro Touring - Garage Built, Backyard Painted

Special Thanks To:
;
;

Build Thread :
post #54 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 7:43 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

couple more pics. Heading back to detail and install the tank.

Jody

post #55 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 6th, 08, 8:58 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

well, I'm rolling now............... Got the tank cleaned up, looks almost like new. Just a nice lacquer thinner bath and complete scotchbrite rub down.

Jody

post #56 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 1:18 AM
Tech Team
JP

What brand of tank is that. It looks awesome underneath there.
post #57 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 1:49 AM
Senior Tech Team
Alan

Looks SWEET! That tranny(?) pan sure looks low though or is it just the angle of the picture making it look low?

post #58 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 2:05 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Looks SWEET! That tranny(?) pan sure looks low though or is it just the angle of the picture making it look low?

It's not as low as it looks, but lower than I like. It is going to be replaced with a stock pan.

Jody

Jody

post #59 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 2:14 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchool70SS View Post
What brand of tank is that. It looks awesome underneath there.
I am not sure, it looks like a Rock Valley, but with some alterations to work with Marks narrowed frame rails.

Jody

Jody

post #60 of 347 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 08, 4:07 AM
Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcojb View Post
are you sure? It doesn't seem that 17 X 11" wide wheels with 5.5" b.s. would fit inside the fenders if the rear end was only narrowed 1" per side.

sorry i ment to say two inches perside

DEMONIC OBSIDIAN
1965 Chevelle LS2 project.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 3999 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.