Mali2ude going together for Power Tour 08 - Page 11 - Chevelle Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #151 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 08, 11:34 PM
Team Member

Re: Mali2ude going together for Power Tour 08

Can you shed some light on the lip that is pressed into the ends of the tubing? I have witnessed how boost can seperate some couplings and that added lip will certainly help. Was it done post-welding from regular tube, or did you buy tubing that already had the lip in one (or both) ends?

The titanium is going to look great with the grays and blacks in the engine bay. Hopefully it isn't too light of a shade.

Thanks again for sharing the pics with us.

member number 684
71' coupe project:
goal: 150+MPH, 9s driven to and from track, 275 front tire, 315 rear tire, 1000+HP
Build: 540cid, twin turbo, 4L80e, ...wait for it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 08, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Mike View Post
Can you shed some light on the lip that is pressed into the ends of the tubing? I have witnessed how boost can seperate some couplings and that added lip will certainly help. Was it done post-welding from regular tube, or did you buy tubing that already had the lip in one (or both) ends?

The titanium is going to look great with the grays and blacks in the engine bay. Hopefully it isn't too light of a shade.

Thanks again for sharing the pics with us.
I have a bead roller tool to put a bead on the ends of tubing. Really cool and pretty much a necessity with boost, as you said.

Jody

Jody

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #153 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 08, 3:10 PM
Senior Tech Team
Alan

I'm just going to sell my Chevelle. Where's a white towel smilie at when you need it??

Some awesome work there Jody. Thanks for sharing the Mali2ude buildup with us.

post #154 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 08, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I'm just going to sell my Chevelle. Where's a white towel smilie at when you need it??

Some awesome work there Jody. Thanks for sharing the Mali2ude buildup with us.
thanks!

Jody

post #155 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 08, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

next, I sent the intake plumbing to be coated with titanium header coating. The color matches well with the car, but it sure scratches and scuffs easily. Might have to re-think that one later on. Big thanks to Steed at Perfect It powder coating in Rancho Cordova for helping me out, getting this back to me in one day.

Jody

post #156 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 08, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

added some new turbo heatshield bags. The other ones I had on there didn't fit well, these are much nicer.

added my heater hoses

Jody

post #157 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 08, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

had my headlight frames powdercoated. Changed the halogen bulbs for true HID's, with HID low and high beam on the one bulb. I don't think I'll even plug in the normal inside high beam as it won't match and the two outside lights will be plenty.

a quick pic of the air inlet tube. Has a little bracket that supports the end, from that small button-head allen screw just above the pipe. Filters are on order. Basically copied what Mark had in the car, seemed to work well.

Jody

Jody

post #158 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 08, 1:16 AM
Senior Tech Team
Andrew

Moving right along Jody! Where did you get the HID lights?

Andrew

Instagram @projectgattago

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets."
post #159 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 08, 1:24 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
Moving right along Jody! Where did you get the HID lights?

Andrew
had a set in my shop, but they were HID on low beam only. Had one bad bulb so I found this guy on Ebay for low/high HID's that worked with my ballasts. He also has complete kits with bulbs, ballast, wiring harness.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=360041698950

Jody

post #160 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 27th, 08, 7:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Hooked up the throttle this morning. I own a tig, but can't weld with it................... so I bought a Lokar cable mount and built a bracket to attach it to the fuel rail support. Turned out nice. The cable has a bit of an angle to it, but that's how the Lokar mount is built, and was the only way it was going to fit.

Jody

Jody

post #161 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 08, 12:26 AM
Team Member

Pretty.

Is it setup to handle E85 gas? What size injectors did you go with?
With such a clean fire wall, where is your fuel psi regulator?

With all of this effrot, you should start to advertise to get some magazine or TV recognition during the power tour!

I'm looking forward to the finished interior photos.

member number 684
71' coupe project:
goal: 150+MPH, 9s driven to and from track, 275 front tire, 315 rear tire, 1000+HP
Build: 540cid, twin turbo, 4L80e, ...wait for it...

post #162 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 08, 12:31 AM
Senior Tech Team
Troy

Jody is a bad influence.... very bad.

As of this weekend I have a buyer for my Procharger committed, I'm already looking at compressor maps for GT-series turbos, and I'm getting prices on material to build my own manifolds.

Jody did something like this to me about 5 years ago... I went up to look at his Procharged '69 Camaro on a Saturday and ordered my Procharger on the following week.

Looks great. Let me know when you get ready to fire it, I want to come back up and check things out (and go for a ride... LOL)

1969 Chevelle
Old setup: Procharged/intercooled/EFI 353 SBC, TKO, ATS/SPC/Global West suspension, C6 brakes & hydroboost.
In progress: TT LS2, T56 Magnum, watts link, Wilwood Aero6/4 brakes, vaporworx, floater 9" rear, etc.
post #163 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 08, 2:42 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokou View Post
Jody is a bad influence.... very bad.

...I went up to look at his Procharged '69 Camaro on a Saturday and ordered my Procharger on the following week.
I had almost the same experience when seeing Jody's yellow Camaro, except I went home, looked at my bank statement, and then looked in the phonebook to try and guess which divorce attoney my wife would be getting...

Of course, Troy's car brings out the same feeling's in me (envy, inadequacy and delusions of having some of those parts on my car)

"I am happy with my N/A "project" car... I am happy with my N/A "project" car... I am...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #164 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 08, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Mike View Post
Pretty.

Is it setup to handle E85 gas? What size injectors did you go with?
With such a clean fire wall, where is your fuel psi regulator?

With all of this effrot, you should start to advertise to get some magazine or TV recognition during the power tour!

I'm looking forward to the finished interior photos.
this is a pump gas build with 75# injectors. I may have to go larger after seeing the duty cycle, but I had these at my shop so I'm using them initially. As far as I know there isn't an E85 station anywhere near where I live. If there was I'd be tempted for sure.

The regulator is back at the tank along with the pump. Thanks!

Jody

Jody

post #165 of 347 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 08, 7:49 PM
Tech Team

Hey jody I know it might have been there already but do you know were that firewall Heater hose plat came from

DEMONIC OBSIDIAN
1965 Chevelle LS2 project.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 4023 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.