Coilovers or Air Ride - Chevelle Tech
Pro Touring Todays performance with classic style

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 7:59 PM Thread Starter

Coilovers or Air Ride

I have a Cherry 1976 Laguna, purchased from the original owner back in 1988, have owned it since, only 95K on the clock. Its been a garage queen and the 350 is really tired, so I am getting ready to pull the motor and upgrade everything. I want to rebuild the suspension as well, and am undecided as to go with coil-overs or air ride suspension, but cant find a clear application for the 1976 year. I believe the components for the '72 chevelle will work, but want to hear some opinions as to the comparison of using coil-over's as compared to an air ride suspension. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 9:07 PM
Tech Team
Rame

Garage
Re: Coilovers or Air Ride

Depends or what you want to do with it. You might just want to stick with stock stuff though, not much is going to bolt on to that car with out some fab work. Air ride would probably be the better option though, since it's going to involve some cutting and hacking any way.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 17th, 19, 11:15 PM
Clint

Coming from someone that has installed both on my cars, I wouldn't spend the money for either one, especially air ride.

Clint Hooper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 19, 7:48 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses, I did fine a set of front and rear performance springs which will also lower the car 1". I need to change the springs since the rear has gone soft, so looks like air ride or coil overs are not the best options right now.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Today, 12:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Brian

Garage

Global West seems to carry the most stuff for your vehicle.

https://www.globalwest.net/chevelle-...-global-w.html

https://www.globalwest.net/chevelle-...bal-west-.html

https://www.globalwest.net/chevelle-...-tie-rods.html

https://www.globalwest.net/chevelle-...wood-baer.html

1971 Malibu, factory buckets/full gauges/console, 377 roller cammed small block, Turbo 400, 3.42 10 bolt posi (Buick), - All your base are belong to us.

My Chevelle w/ open headers:

My Chevelle w/ 2.5 pipes + X crossover/18 inch glass packs:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in