It's been a while since I posted any progress updates. It's been slow going now that summer is here, seems like there is always something else to do.
We had an awesome motorcycle ride up the coast North of San Francisco with two other couples yesterday, crossed the Golden Gate Bridge then over the mountains to Stinson Beach and up Hyw 1 to Tomales Bay, some really nice riding up there.
Any how, back to the car.
I'm 99% done with the drivers side complete floor replacement, got it all butted up to the new tunnel for the T56. I say 99% because I have to grind the remaining welds. These are one piece floors where the factory had a seam just behind where your heels would be resting on the floor. these one piece floors were difficult to work with so I cut it where the factory seam would have been.
The frame boxing kit I am using is from HELLWIG, They add the additional body mount to an existing hole in the floor bace. These need to be fit with the body on the frame.
The HELLWIG kit used a 3/8" riv nut installed into a 3/16" plate you weld to the bottom of the floor brace. I decided, being as I had the floors out to install a 7/176" cage nut in the floor brace and eliminate the rivnut.