Chevelle Tech - View Single Post - Ball joint snapped in offshore tubular control arm!!!
View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old Jul 24th, 13, 1:06 PM
70SS454
Tech Team
Ed

Garage
Re: Ball joint snapped in offshore tubular control arm!!!

So then, after reading this entire thread, the consensus of opinion is:

That the Right Stuff upper and lower tubular control arms are good enough to use on your 1964 - 1972 Chevelle provided that you replace the upper and lower ball joints with an American made equivalent such as:

Raybestos #505-1009 lower ball joint

Raybestos #500-1009 upper ball joint

or, for Tom's sake,

Moog K5103 lower ball joint

Moog K5108 upper ball joint

As far as we know, no 'Chinese' brand tubular control arm has fractured or wore out and been reported to this Board to this date. It is further noted that as a off shore knockoff, for the money they are worth installing as a low buck solution. It is further agreed that we all should strive to buy American made products and support local suppliers. This is my take on the threads that I read on this Board.

If anyone has any discrepancies to the contrary I would suggest that they make it known to the Members, and support it with descriptions and pictures of the carnage.

Both of the above brand names come with complete hardware kits as seen on this link,

UMI does make a fine unit at a slightly larger cost, http://umiperformance.com/catalog/in...roducts_id=739

Last edited by 70SS454; Jul 24th, 13 at 1:10 PM. Reason: added info link

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome