14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 16, 8:00 PM
Tech Team
john

Re: Air Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70CHEVELLE396 View Post
Guys, I appreciate the advice and your opinions. However I in no way asked for why or why not you should run an open element filter. Frankly I could care less about what you think the hot air is doing. My car runs great, and it upsets me when people spout off thinking it makes them sound smart, and it's not at all what the OP asks. If you want to start your own post on the subject, feel free. All I was asking is if anyone knows a part number to a traditional white paper filter element, that's it.....
LOL.. in the short while iv'e been active here i have noticed this phenomenon too... ... don't get to upset about it , it's kinda like what i encounter in my "real" life. People get to talkin and go off on their own direction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 16, 9:04 PM
Senior Tech Team

Check out the r2cperformance disposable cellulose racing filters. I've not bought one yet, but on their site, it looks just like the old white AC filters. Hope this helps.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
wihaltom and 70CHEVELLE396 like this.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 16, 3:11 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ray View Post
Not commonly known, the K&N Filter Cleaner, IS simple Formula 409, smell it, same-same.

Interesting tip there. Ill have to keep that in mind. I use a K&N filter as well and also have the filter top. Got both as an assembly at a swap meet fairly cheap.

Chris.

When the Boogeyman goes to bed, he checks the closet for Chuck Norris.

If it aint broke, just give me a minute.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 16, 8:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave

Garage

Update for anyone interested. I was placing an order from Summit, and thought I would give their house brand filter a try. G3004 14x3 filter $6.97 It arrived and was exactly what I wanted. Simple plain white paper filter. Now the price is cheap, however shipping would add to that. I was ordering enough parts so shipping was free. Still haven't found an AC Delco locally to look at.
Boosted69Malibu likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1345 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.