Chevelle Tech General Tech Area
Please try and post in specific forums

35Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 5th, 20, 8:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Pat

Best way to sell a higher priced Chevelle

Curious what opinions would be on thw best way to market selling a higher priced Chevelle 70 SS Restomod. I am not interested in dealing with a bunch of tire kickers and joy riders. Would like to advertise in a place where folks would appreciate the value of the car .

I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 5th, 20, 8:40 PM
Senior Tech Team

Re: Best way to sell a higher priced Chevelle

Mecum or BJ

Tighten it till it strips and back it off a quarter turn.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

70 (SOLD)

post #3 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 5th, 20, 8:43 PM
Tech Team
Rame

Garage

Maybe contact one of TV shows that claim they rebuild them and offer the car? It would probably take a year or two before you would get the money but they could build up hype by claiming to do the work themselves and make the car more popular. Just a thought.
Pats70ss likes this.

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 5th, 20, 10:41 PM
Senior Tech Team

Send a message via AIM to Jim Mac

barrett jackson. jim
Pats70ss likes this.

Jim

70 chevelle, SS clone 454 4 speed
71 camaro. (owned since 1978!) 6-71 blown small block 400
66 chevelle 350 4 speed 3.55 12 bolt
66 el camino 350 th350 parts hauler
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 5th, 20, 10:56 PM
Gold Member
Gene

wish my bud framer was still with us Pat, he'd know the answer. May want to hit up BlueSS454 with a PM.
Pats70ss likes this.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 6th, 20, 1:29 AM
Tech Team
Dennis

Garage

Bring a Trailer

www.bringatrailer.com

Itís a free email you get every morning with cars for auction. Mostly higher end cars but there are restomods on there all the time.
It cost $99 to list, I believe they may help with the write-up. It seems like unlimited pics.

You can have a reserve or not.

SERIOUS bidders all the time.

Even if you arenít selling a car itís pretty cool to get an email with some cool cars every AM and itís FREE !
427L88, Pats70ss, Jack454 and 1 others like this.

66 Chevelle hardtop - LFX 3.6 liter V6/6L50 6 speed auto trans, 3.07 10 bolt, full Hotchkis suspension, Wilwood 4 wheel discs, white with red interior, cowl hood.
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 6th, 20, 9:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Pat

Thanks All.. Mecum Harrisburg is only about 15 minutes from my house. That is a little scary though. I think you pay $1,500 just to run your car through and then around 8% sellers fee. Based on what I see at these auctions the car should do really well IF there are two people there that want it...

I will take a look at Bring a trailer..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chevelle.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	615800  
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 6th, 20, 12:00 PM
Tech Team
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats70ss View Post
Thanks All.. Mecum Harrisburg is only about 15 minutes from my house. That is a little scary though. I think you pay $1,500 just to run your car through and then around 8% sellers fee. Based on what I see at these auctions the car should do really well IF there are two people there that want it...

I will take a look at Bring a trailer..
Holy Crap! $1500 just to run it through? That tells me they have low confidence in selling cars. If they were more confidant the deal would be back loaded.
I donít think BJ is anywhere near that expensive up front.
And who has a better sell rate?

66 Chevelle hardtop - LFX 3.6 liter V6/6L50 6 speed auto trans, 3.07 10 bolt, full Hotchkis suspension, Wilwood 4 wheel discs, white with red interior, cowl hood.
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 6th, 20, 3:35 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Sold a chevelle a few years back on my own(Major PITA) Got 40K for it. New owner ran it through the auction a month later he got 60K . On my own i just could not reach that clientele. You decide . next time it will be the auction for me. BTW the fees to put you car in the auction are pretty close for one auction house to another,it also depends on the day. Friday/Saturday are the most expensive fees upwards of $1500. Stay away from BJ unless you are made of money and don't care what your car sells for. No reserve at BJ
427L88 likes this.
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 6th, 20, 4:25 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BlueSS454

I can tell you where NOT to try and sell. Facebook marketplace. What a joke it is trying to sell a good car there. Nothing but a bunch of window lickers. Youíre best bet is to take it to an auction like Mecum. Iím not a fan of the BJ auctions. Yes there is a cost involved, but you can set a reserve so you get what you are content with. Or send it to a repeatable consigner and let them deal with the window lickers.

Tom Rightler, MCC VP & Newsletter Editor

Best ET: [email protected] MPH

post #11 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 6th, 20, 5:52 PM
Tech Team
Jim

About a year ago I sold a really nice 68 Mustang GT using Hemming Motor News . Got a few emails from tire kickers and buyers from other countries but for the most part, most of the contacts were from people who were serious.
post #12 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 6th, 20, 6:05 PM
Tech Team

Garage

EBay, Hemmings online, Cars online. You will always have some tire kickers..I'll take that over loosing 8-10% of your sale through Bj or Mecum.
1943MB likes this.

69 Chevelle Conv 396
69 Chevelle Hardtop
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 6th, 20, 6:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech Team
Pat

Thank all!!
427L88 likes this.
post #14 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 6th, 20, 6:23 PM
Gold Member
Gene

BlueSS454, listen to the man. It's what I figured, but I wanted to hear it from Tom. Also, no harm throwing up an ad in the members section here. Right audience at least.

Good luck Pat. Is it a replacement sale, or a "redeployment" sale?

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Unread Feb 6th, 20, 7:20 PM
Gold Member
Freddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSS454 View Post
I can tell you where NOT to try and sell. Facebook marketplace. What a joke it is trying to sell a good car there. Nothing but a bunch of window lickers. Youíre best bet is to take it to an auction like Mecum. Iím not a fan of the BJ auctions. Yes there is a cost involved, but you can set a reserve so you get what you are content with. Or send it to a repeatable consigner and let them deal with the window lickers.
Hahaha!!! "Window lickers"!!! Almost pissed my pants!!! That was funny for some reason! Great post!!!
1965stlhrsrdr likes this.

Freddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in