Chevelle Tech General Tech Area
Please try and post in specific forums

50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 19, 9:16 PM
Senior Tech Team
jeff

Re: 1969 with 700R4 and HOLLEY DOUBLE CRAPPER

about 40 seconds into the video he stated totally new clean sheet design like nothing we have ever seen before, totally new carburetor design.

I assume he never seen a Carter Thermoquad.

Other than that pretty good video and I did like the Thermoquad.
ZZ69chevelle likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 4:44 AM Thread Starter
Justin

Sorry guys for the late reply. I never received email notification of replies. So in a nut shell. The first Holley I traded for was a POS (corrosion) and Holley warranted it. The second carb was no better hesitation wise and after messing with it endlessly after getting it back from the, "old timer" one of the brass, press in air jets popped out when I was spraying carb cleaner through it! Holley then sent me a SECOND warranty carb to which I ever even removed it from the box (wouldnt swap it for a vacuum secondary per "policy").

I went to the local speed shop to buy the same Polymer body Street Demon my buddy loaned me. They talked me into the new, "Brawler" in stead and its been great. The new drive train is all here just waiting on a lift to open up at the fab shop to get started.

I cant WAIT to get the fuel injection in this car!
427L88 likes this.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 8:20 AM
Gold Member
Gene

Glad it sort of worked out for you, and FI has its own set of hassles says the guy who used to run 3 carbs atop his rat, without issue.
9Teen69 likes this.

Gene
ACES 3112/Team Chevelle Gold #62
Be big, be a 'builder'!

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 12:28 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

No double pumpers on the street with an automatic? I better get that $100 Craigslist 850 DP off my truck before it realizes it's not supposed to work.

Maybe it works because the truck is light (5,000 pounds) or the huge stall (basically stock) or maybe it's because I did the research and put in the work to make it work right.

Holley had no control over what we are putting their carbs on so they had to set up these aftermarket carbs where they would be close to working on the intended generic application. It's up to the end user to get it right. That's why there's so many tuning parts available.
David Bates and 427L88 like this.

70 Camino...Roller

69 Malibu Stock 307, Reverse Manual TH350, 4,500 Stall Edge Converter, 4.56 Spool 35 Spline 12 Bolt

76 C20 VortecPro 496 628HP 655 lb/ft TH400 Edge Converter, 4.10 14 bolt
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 2:05 PM Thread Starter
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427L88 View Post
Glad it sort of worked out for you, and FI has its own set of hassles says the guy who used to run 3 carbs atop his rat, without issue.
That's why I'm paying the dyno guy to map it for pump gas, E-85 and methanol.

It will have an ethanol sensor with Flex Fuel tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy the Cat View Post
No double pumpers on the street with an automatic? I better get that $100 Craigslist 850 DP off my truck before it realizes it's not supposed to work.

Maybe it works because the truck is light (5,000 pounds) or the huge stall (basically stock) or maybe it's because I did the research and put in the work to make it work right.

Holley had no control over what we are putting their carbs on so they had to set up these aftermarket carbs where they would be close to working on the intended generic application. It's up to the end user to get it right. That's why there's so many tuning parts available.
Well, you are example of ONE. The best in Las Vegas couldn't make it work, so.....
427L88 likes this.

1969 SS clone, factory A/C and disk brakes.
Soon to be L-76, 4" Stroker, 11:1, Brian Tooley Stage 4 PDS with LSA and T-56 Magnum
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 2:14 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Teen69 View Post
Well, you are example of ONE. The best in Las Vegas couldn't make it work, so.....
My post wasn't an attack on you. Or anyone, actually. My post came off as argumentative but that wasn't my intention. I meant to demonstrate that it can be done and doesn't take a wizard. I'm just a guy. I'm not a legendary race car builder or carb expert. Just a guy that took the time to figure out how to make things work. I don't know where you took it in Vegas but if the best couldn't make it work maybe I should set up shop there. There's clearly a need for competent help.

Then again, maybe that's why I learned this stuff in the first place- because nobody in my area could do a better job than I eventually did.

Nope. Not going into the carb business. No way, no how.

70 Camino...Roller

69 Malibu Stock 307, Reverse Manual TH350, 4,500 Stall Edge Converter, 4.56 Spool 35 Spline 12 Bolt

76 C20 VortecPro 496 628HP 655 lb/ft TH400 Edge Converter, 4.10 14 bolt
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old Aug 13th, 19, 3:07 PM Thread Starter
Justin

Skull Marine Performance Engines. He's very well known and built a few short track motors for a buddy of mine. They are limited to a 2 barrel carb and mostly stock engines. He ran at the front of the pack...

1969 SS clone, factory A/C and disk brakes.
Soon to be L-76, 4" Stroker, 11:1, Brian Tooley Stage 4 PDS with LSA and T-56 Magnum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in