post your rare wagon options and accessories knowledge here for ref. - Chevelle Tech
Wagons & Four Doors Wagons & 4 Door Forum

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 14, 8:10 PM Thread Starter
wagons rule!
Pete

Location: In the Beautiful mountains of western North Carolina
post your rare wagon options and accessories knowledge here for ref.

I wanted to start a thread to discuss our collective knowledge about rare GM options and/or accessories for Chevelle wagons. This will be archived for future reference by all. Be sure to specify the year in which you are talking about. I will manage the posts if they stray too far off topic so that the end result of this post is a good collection of firsthand knowledge about wagon info from team Chevelle guys. Dealer installed items or changes are welcome too but please make the distinction if you know.

btw FO_FDYFO is ebonics for four fifty four.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Web Master,
wagon parts and info only at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 14, 8:20 PM Thread Starter
wagons rule!
Pete

Re: post your rare wagon options and accessories knowledge here for re

Ok, I’ll start. Here is what the 68-72 (not absolutely sure if it was available in all years) wagon rear fiber optic monitor system. It mounts on the rear passenger’s side roof post shown above. The three lenses illuminate when the light from the tail lights and the license plate pass thru the fiber optic cable. The front set would be the same for the Chevelle.

Web Master,
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 14, 8:22 PM Thread Starter
wagons rule!
Pete

This was an interesting accessory, the luggage carrier. It would be tied down to the roof rack. Not sure what years specifically it came out in.

Web Master,

Last edited by FO_FDYFO; Nov 28th, 14 at 8:23 PM. Reason: bad link

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 14, 8:27 PM Thread Starter
wagons rule!
Pete

One more roof rack related, This is a GM NOS ski rack. It mounts to the roof rack and even has keys to lock it on. Again, not exactly sure what specific years it was made available but it fits 68-72 roof racks.

Web Master,
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 14, 8:31 PM
Administrator

Garage

I got nothing, wish mine had more options...like power windows

Team Chevelle Gold Founding Member #42

L29 454, 4L80E, 12 bolt posi 3.31, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
63 Nova wagon

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 14, 8:32 PM Thread Starter
wagons rule!
Pete

ok, your getting the idea. This is not as rare but this is the 68-72 rear defogger. It mounts in the passenger side rear hump. There is a flexible duct not shown that ducts the air to the grill that mounts on the spare tire hump. You can see the hole in the top of the cover.

Web Master,
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 14, 9:34 PM Thread Starter
wagons rule!
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post

Yes power windows and power locks. Nice one. These would be the same for 4-door. This picture is actually of a 4-door hardtop. (the post and top hinge are slightly different than a sedan but you probably wouldn't have noticed) but, this is the same 68-72 rear door jamb rubber boot. This is stock, and there are dimples on all doors and “B” pillar where it mounts. This power lock linkage is run like this for the front and the rear is a straight shot. Here are the solenoids showing the difference in the mounting tabs for the power locks. Again, there are dimples where these things mount. I should post a pick of where the power switches mount on the door panels but I don’t have those readily available.
Also side note: the power window regulators are different in a 4-door hardtop, but the 4 door sedans work in the wagons (68-72).
Also, the power locks for 68 were vacuum operated not electric solenoids.

Web Master,

Last edited by FO_FDYFO; Nov 28th, 14 at 9:38 PM. Reason: picture needed further explaination
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 14, 9:36 PM
Administrator

Garage

Thanks Pete.

63 Nova wagon

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 14, 9:43 PM Thread Starter
wagons rule!
Pete

Quote:
Thanks Pete.
Not trying to rub it in, but keep an eye out for these parts. you can convert yours! get the wiring harness, they make reproduction round corner (70 and earlier) and square corner (71 and later) switches. Also look for vista cruiser power windows. The fronts will work but the backs will not. you might be able to shorten the regulator arms and make it work. I am pretty sure you can. I would have to get the dimension of the chevelle rear regulator arms if anyone wants cut a set of vista rears to fit.

Web Master,
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old Nov 28th, 14, 9:52 PM
Administrator

Garage

I will be happy with power windows for the front, door locks are easy. I used GM actuators on the Nova and adapted them to the existing mechanism. Windows are little harder to improvise I'm not into stock, like to build my cars to suit me. More go, more whoa and lots of creature comforts

63 Nova wagon

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old May 7th, 16, 10:35 AM
Randy

Garage

Factory Muncie 4-speed and 12 bolt posi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	72 Concourse - Copy.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	356961  
davewho1 likes this.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old Oct 16th, 16, 11:19 PM

I have a 66 Chevelle wagon its got a posi, power brakes, AC, power rear window.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 17, 1:51 PM

Garage

Not 100% sure on the rarity but my 66 has full factory electric windows and factory roof rack.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 17, 6:08 PM
Cam
Gold Founding Member
Cameron Milne

Quote:
Philip, it is an obscure fact that Chevelles in 1971 & 1972 did not offer power windows, only the tailgate windows on wagons. Monte Carlos offered them and so did all other intermediates in upper level GM divisions (Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick).
I don't know why it was dropped since they were offered 1964 - 70, then again 1973+ (even in Canada).

"The more you know,
the more you realize there is that you don't know." - Dad

TC Gold #120

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 17, 7:27 PM Thread Starter
wagons rule!
Pete

Wow! Cam. Now that I think about it, I have never seen them in 71-72
chevelles. 70 absolutely. 71-72 BOP yes. very interesting. They are just
so rare, I never put that together.

Web Master,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 815 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.