72 Concours wagon project - Page 66 - Chevelle Tech
Wagons & Four Doors Wagons & 4 Door Forum

260Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #976 of 987 (permalink) Old Aug 23rd, 18, 9:15 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Re: 72 Concours wagon project

Kevin thanks for taking the time to read it all. Wish it only had taken a week to build the car

The attachment is a dual USB charging port. I have one in the lighter opening in the dash.

Team Chevelle Gold Founding Member #42

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L29 454, 4L80E, 12 bolt posi 3.31, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
63 Nova wagon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #977 of 987 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 19, 7:13 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Eric

Philip, I know you haven't posted lately on you build page, but I have question.

How well does the AC setup work? I'm debating if I want to copy your setup or have my evaporator and POA Valve reconditioned and recalibrated for R134 on my 72 with a LS conversion. Also plan to update the condenser to a parallel flow as well. South Carolina summers are hot, especially with the humidity. I'm want to try and make the AC as powerful as possible. I'm also using a Grand Prix evaporator case that is deeper at the fan motor area and will allow a taller fan blade to hopefully increase air flow volume.

I want to make sure that I do all I can to help the AC system. Hoping I can make it comfortable for the kids to ride in the back (third row).

New Project: 72 Concours 5.3/4l60e

71 Chevelle LS2/TKO-600 on the road again...... (oo ss oo)..

Project on hold: 71 Concours Wagon

Project on hold: 70 Chevelle 5.3/4l60e
post #978 of 987 (permalink) Old Jun 11th, 19, 7:44 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage

Eric it works extremely well, on the last long trip at times it had to be shut off as it was too cold. This was without a high speed on the blower. Thought it was a bad switch, turned out to be a bad relay.
LeoP likes this.

63 Nova wagon

post #979 of 987 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 19, 7:38 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
The rear brake hoses and front calipers arrived today, still waiting on the rear springs.
I'm using the stock F body hoses at the rear calipers and the stock A body hose from the frame to the rear. The tabs to secure the hoses on the axle tube were cut off of the brackets that came from the brake donor car. There is a right and left bracket mounting to align the index points, the hoses are the same but mount opposite each other.
The stock 12 bolt lines were shortened and a flare nut from the donor car installed on the line before creating a bubble flare on the end to tie into the F body hose.

Whoever coined the phrase "change is good" must not have built hot rods. Seems the simplest things often get complicated. I replaced the sheet metal cover with an aluminum cover with bolts that add support to the bearing caps. Seemed simple enough until the brake hose install...and the line wouldn't reach the frame. An adjustment had to be made to the bracket to locate the hose back in the stock position. A a piece of scrap metal left over from cutting out the parking brake cable brackets was used.

Phillip,

I am currently doing this swap and wanted to ask one question :

Did you swap the backing plates to position the calipers toward the rear instead of the front ? I figure you did this to make the e-brake lever pull toward the front instead of the rear ?

I need to swap my backing plates around to do this. Seems like the easiest way to hook up the e-brake to the parking brake system.

67 Chevelle convertible, 138 vin, original 4 speed, bucket seats, Marina Blue with black interior
post #980 of 987 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 19, 8:18 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage

Beth I did swap the right and left backing plates to make the stock parking brake cable interface with the LS brakes easier. The parking brake cable bracket at rear wheel is the F body part cut down and bolted to the lower control arm bolt. Aligns the cable to the backing plate perfectly and the cable runs along the control arm like the stock cable did.

deserttaco likes this.

63 Nova wagon

post #981 of 987 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 19, 8:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Beth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Beth I did swap the right and left backing plates to make the stock parking brake cable interface with the LS brakes easier. The parking brake cable bracket at rear wheel is the F body part cut down and bolted to the lower control arm bolt. Aligns the cable to the backing plate perfectly and the cable runs along the control arm like the stock cable did.

Thanks !

This will make my install a lot easier. Appreciate it !
LeoP likes this.

67 Chevelle convertible, 138 vin, original 4 speed, bucket seats, Marina Blue with black interior
post #982 of 987 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 19, 7:42 AM
Tech Team
Rich

Garage

Nice project. Caught my eye as it is using the 99 454/4L80e ans the 411 computer swap. I'm going to try that on our 99 Suburban.

One question, what happened to the fancy license plates. God of fire/sun and all?

Keep up the good work.

Rich
post #983 of 987 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 19, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage

Rich the plate was changed cause due to cost. AZ has added a fee to our plates for highway safety. I may reinstate the plate, I thought it was cool.

63 Nova wagon

post #984 of 987 (permalink) Old Jul 25th, 19, 1:09 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bruce

The added fee will only last 2 years. The State is discontinuing it due to unpopularity.

66 El Camino 396/325HP 4-Spd
My Build Thread:

62 Corvette 327/360HP (original RF engine and Fuel Injection) (future restoration project)
66 Corvair My son's project. Small block, Powerglide, C5 differential and rear suspension
72 Chevelle wagon project
post #985 of 987 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 19, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamino View Post
The added fee will only last 2 years. The State is discontinuing it due to unpopularity.
So they say, but in the past things like that never go away. IMO, they are hoping we get used to it.

63 Nova wagon

post #986 of 987 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
leo

Philip, have you had a chance to do any more tuning to that beast??

Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
progress has little to do with speed, but lots to do with direction

post #987 of 987 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage

A little but it is not done yet. I can't swim to get it to idle consistently and it runs rich when driving at slow speeds. I think if one gets fixed it will solve both issues.
LeoP likes this.

63 Nova wagon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in