3rd row seat swap - Chevelle Tech
Wagons & Four Doors Wagons & 4 Door Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 1st, 20, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

3rd row seat swap

Can you install a 3rd row seat into a wagon that has the compartment but not the actual seat and brackets? Or do you have to just have a factory equipped wagon with the 3rd seat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 20, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Garage
Re: 3rd row seat swap

It should be possible but all of the factory pieces will be need. Seat, hinges, floor panels. There was also an interior window switch and light in the left rear panel.

Team Chevelle Gold Founding Member #42

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L29 454, 4L80E, 12 bolt posi 3.31, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
63 Nova wagon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 20, 9:45 PM Thread Starter

Ok awesome info! It's just so hard to find a 3rd row seat wagon but have found some with the compartment. So I was thinking if I didnt get an actual 9 passenger I could make one.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 20, 12:26 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
steve

Re: 3rd row seat swap

what years wagon are we talking? I thing gas tanks might be different in 64-5s. Floor is definitely different
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 6th, 20, 1:41 PM Thread Starter

1970 to 1972 mainly . I'm looking for a 70 wagon with the 3rd row seat but they are hard to find. So I thought my options might be converting one that has the compartment like in a concours. Or my other option would be to find a 71 or 72 and swap the front end of a 70 on it.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 7th, 20, 8:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bruce

There is a nice 1969 third row seat for sale on Chevelle Wagon Facebook page, located in Wisconsin.

You can put a 70 wagon or El Camino frontend on a 68 or 69 wagon, too. But I guess, you wouldn't get a dual action tailgate, that way.

66 El Camino 396/325HP 4-Spd
My Build Thread:

62 Corvette 327/360HP (original RF engine and Fuel Injection) (future restoration project)
66 Corvair My son's project. Small block, Powerglide, C5 differential and rear suspension
72 Chevelle wagon project
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 5:50 PM Thread Starter

Ok good to know! I will have to go check that out. So the 69s dont have the dual action tailgate?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jul 8th, 20, 8:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Bruce

The production numbers (Chevellestuff) for 1969 show that most Nomads had conventional tailgates, and some Greenbriars had conventional tailgates. The balance of Nomads and Greenbriars were dual action, and all Concours and Concours Estates were dual action.

66 El Camino 396/325HP 4-Spd
My Build Thread:

62 Corvette 327/360HP (original RF engine and Fuel Injection) (future restoration project)
66 Corvair My son's project. Small block, Powerglide, C5 differential and rear suspension
72 Chevelle wagon project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in