Got the Elky to Texas during the summer and stashed it away. I also bought a donor truck and got a good chassis, fenders and doors and a 12 bolt rear end. Since the last update, I stripped down the chassis and suspension parts, - from the donor truck - had them media blasted and epoxy primed and painted them with Eastwood Chassis Black. I assembled the suspension with two inch dropped S10 Blazer spindles, all new bushings, ball joints, steering components, shocks, and sway bars. I installed C6 Corvette Z51 front and C5 Corvette rear disc brakes.
I mounted the engine and transmission (06 LS2 Corvette and 4L60E). I used Dirty Dingo sliders and Energy Suspension poly mounts and a Holly 302-2 oil pan. I ended up with about 3/8" clearance above and behind the front cross member. I had hoped the LS2 exhaust manifolds would fit but, it didn't happen. I ended up going with a set of stainless shorty headers from Ebay. Although they were cheap ($175), I'm impressed with the quality and the fit. I was able to use the stock transmission cross member by re-drilling and moving it about a inch to the rear.
When I bought the LS2, I got all the front accessories as well as the ECM and DBW pedal. I didn't get the engine harness. I initally bought a Painless harness - which included a free re-flash of the ECM. After being told by their "Tech" guy that the ECM wouldn't work - even though it came from the same 06 Vette as the engine - and some serious "attitude" from him, I returned the harness. I subsequently bought a harness from Spear Tech. Although it hasn't run yet, I impressed with the quality of their work and their customer service. Apparently, they are well set up enough that they run each harness on an engine stand on the same model engine you are ordering it for.
I had the 12 bolt rear end rebuilt with new 3.08 gears and Eaton posi.
I got the fuel tank, pump and filter regulator from Tanks Inc. The tank is a thing of beauty.
Further work on the 65 is on mostly hold for a while. I'm doing all this at home in the garage and I have an 86 GMC Caballero project that I need to finish and sell - to clear up garage space and add some $$$ back into the 65 fund. I'm doing the body work and prep for painting the Cab. Since I haven't painted anything in a lot of years, I'm using the Cab project to refresh and refine my body and paint skills. Hopefully, resulting a better job on the 65.
Here are some pictures of the engine/chassis progress since the last update.