Lets see some team El Camino pictures - Page 29 - Chevelle Tech
El Caminos El Camino & Sprint

120Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #421 of 569 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 16, 2:26 PM
Senior Tech Team
Robert

Re: Lets see some team El Camino pictures

Talk about an old thread; I think over half of these posters are not even here anymore..... Funny.

'67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's, 435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 Circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.
2012 HD Tri-Glide in Vivid Black.
1967 XR7 Cougar S code 390.
2016 Charger R/T in Purple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 569 (permalink) Old Apr 25th, 16, 3:57 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak1 View Post
Talk about an old thread; I think over half of these posters are not even here anymore..... Funny.

i dont think its funny. i think its great. what a history lesson.

whether or not they are active anymore really doesn't effect the knowledge they may have left for us

anyway, here's mine from a cars and coffee a few weeks ago.
photog chris tone took photo.

Yelcamino likes this.

ROB

69 El Camino

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #423 of 569 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 16, 11:21 AM
Senior Tech Team
Herb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak1 View Post

I'm still here.

Herb

1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
1963 C10 454/4L80

post #424 of 569 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 16, 2:03 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Doug

Second gear powershift.

Yelcamino, oliver69 and JFS65 like this.

70 SS 454 LS-5 M-22 Bornwith Drivetrain-Sold New Baldwin Chevrolet
72 SS 454 El Camino W Code-427 4spd.
60',1.46, [email protected] [email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elky at Cecil

Chevelle Resto Pics
post #425 of 569 (permalink) Old Apr 26th, 16, 3:06 PM
Tech Team
Randy

Here is mine. I recently finished it. I am just starting to get it out and enjoy it.
Yelcamino likes this.

In the Garage
72 Cheyenne super pickup
70 El Camino
My El Camino build thread:

spoilersbyrandy.com
post #426 of 569 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 16, 10:08 AM
Senior Tech Team
Wayne

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpp View Post
i dont think its funny. i think its great. what a history lesson.

whether or not they are active anymore really doesn't effect the knowledge they may have left for us

anyway, here's mine from a cars and coffee a few weeks ago.
photog chris tone took photo.

Sweet.

Later,
Wayne
post #427 of 569 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 16, 10:09 AM
Senior Tech Team
Wayne

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsgthelmick View Post
Here is mine. I recently finished it. I am just starting to get it out and enjoy it.
Very nice.

Later,
Wayne
post #428 of 569 (permalink) Old Jun 10th, 16, 12:12 AM
Tech Team

My 1971 SS454 M22 Black/Black bench. Born with engine and transmission. Kansas built L on Trim tag.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000357.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	365681   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000358.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	365689  
Yelcamino and 67since67 like this.
post #429 of 569 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 16, 5:13 PM
Tech Team
john

My daily driver, 1985
JFS65 likes this.

John ---.., relocating to Nashville,TN?
To learn more about Hendersonville,Tn and Old Hickory Lake check out my site at :
post #430 of 569 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 16, 12:50 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Here's mine, pictures from last year... Its a "20-footer" with a amateur paint job sprayed by the previous owner (admittedly, his first paint job)...

After I bought it, I did manage to swap the front drums to discs, and get a 396 installed along with a th350 I had sitting around, a spare '66 BB radiator I picked up cheap, etc... Rebuilt the front suspension and steering, new gas tank/sender, new shocks picked up some bucket seat cores... Headers/Summit carb/HEI all came with the 396 (402)/th350 (but I swapped to a short water pump setup).

I have a guage cluster with the Shiftworks gauges I am intalling

But I haven't touched it in a few months... Keep meaning to, but...

This is about how it looked when I bought it...

Hard to see, but it has a repro SS hood... Rear floor pans have some rust, as well as the UPPER corners of the windshield channel ( both sides), but the lower channel/dash is solid (having 15+ 66 Chevelles, I have never seen rust at the top without rust at the bottom...

The car was gutted, but appears to be an original BB car (fuel line, frame mounts, "rust shadows" where the rear frame braces went, and TH-400 cross-member frame brackets... Unfortunately, the 12-bolt was gone too...

Here it is after I got the brakes, suspension and engine done...

Drove it around the neighborhood a bit, but it has no wiring or bumpers or windshield (it broke upon removal). I ran a wire from the battery to the dash, where I installed one toggle switch for the ignition (HEI), and a momentary switch to the starter... No other wiring at all...

Despite the 396, its a "driver" to replace my S10 pickup... I also have a new windshield and rear glass and rear floor pans I picked up when visiting NPD...

Just writing this stuff gives me more incentive to do some work on it...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #431 of 569 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 16, 7:15 AM
Tech Team
robert

Send a message via AIM to monte7ocar Send a message via Yahoo to monte7ocar

Here is my 70 El Camino original Astro blue small block that had med blue interior it now sports same Astro blue paint a 454 and pearl interior.
1966_L78 likes this.

1970 el camino

post #432 of 569 (permalink) Old Jun 19th, 16, 2:18 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Tony

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte7ocar View Post
Here is my 70 El Camino
original Astro blue small block that had med blue interior it now sports same Astro blue paint a 454 and pearl interior.
I love it... My '70 coupe is a similar color, with "white" interior (a little brighter than the "Pearl")...

Ironically, my 67 was also originally blue/blue (Marina ext with blue int), the previous owner hated blue, and wanted it red... Plans are to eventually get it back to Marina Blue, but with a white interior...

Once you go RAT, you never go back...
TC #1366

Sold

Sold

&

post #433 of 569 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 16, 10:54 AM
Senior Tech Team
Robert

Keep us posted....

'67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's, 435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 Circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.
2012 HD Tri-Glide in Vivid Black.
1967 XR7 Cougar S code 390.
2016 Charger R/T in Purple.
post #434 of 569 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 17, 3:19 PM
Clint

Lets see some Team El Camino pictures

Well, it's been a year since this thread has seen activity so let's post some new photos of your El Caminos. I'm back in the sport again, since last month, so here's some pics of my 70.

Clint Hooper

Sold
post #435 of 569 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 17, 3:20 PM
Clint

Here's a few more of my new ride!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0228.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	451377  

Clint Hooper

Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in