El Caminos El Camino & Sprint

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old Nov 29th, 19, 2:38 PM
Senior Tech Team

Re: Price too high?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Chvll View Post
Sure - Iíll send you a DM. Itís worth a shot. I appreciate the lead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
apologize for not getting back to you! I cannot seem to get into my old emai and recover his phone #. Has to be a record of it somewhere.

After giving it thought not sure fixing ac will bring you 20 but it will sure draw in more buyers in general.
All you can do is try, let it sit. Try a 3 min vid on youtube withoyut talking or music.
List specific in your descriptio. Lots of trolls and dreamers but many global/out of the country buyers go there to look..and they got the money.

Quote:
Freedom is not caring what others think of you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 20, 10:11 PM
John

I know this is pretty old thread but I would go to Hagerty and look at their pricing tool. Seems pretty accurate.

1965 El Camino, Black with Flames. 350 Crate engine, Vortec Heads, Flat tops, Comp 268HE, Headers, 700r4, 3.73 posi. Old school look Cragars. Power Steering, Vintage Air & Disc Brakes.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 20, 8:45 PM
Tony

I used to sell cars... “there’s an ass for every seat” was something I learned. I just sold a motorcycle, had it listed since the day I bought it on Craigs just about 3yrs. When I got serious, I paid $49 for cycle trader and the bike sold for the price I was asking in 24 days. A lot of lookers on Craigs... better for parts in my opinion. Be patient but also spend a little to get it out in front of serious buyers. I found my El Camino through a broker, he let the cat out of the bag and said the car was in Illinois. I immediately jumped on CL and found the car, called and bought it the next day! I would have paid the higher price but wasn’t looking for a car on craigs because of all the drama. My situation was unique, but the point is spend a little to list and it will eventually pay off.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old Feb 19th, 20, 9:10 PM
Senior Tech Team

Price too high. ?

NO, not in my opinion. I don’t think hardly any bondo free quality car can be bought for under $20k on a arms’ length transaction. 4 dr sedan 55 Chevys asking up to $30 k !

Didn’t read every post but would be nice if you have PS, PB and A/C

This is perfect truck for hardware store, paint, auto parts, garage etc.

GLWS. !
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 20, 8:45 AM
Senior Tech Team
Jeff

When I was looking for an el Camino I would of bought your 66... I really like the bench seat with the four speed shifter and a Muncie too...

Be patient, el Caminos are catching on..

I think the el Camino is a better made car then most of the GM A body's because it was designed to haul.. They have massive frames under them. This translates to a very well handling and balanced car. I noticed that when I drove my 69 for the first time. I've owned and driven many cars in my 62 years, the el Camino is one of the most perfectly balanced cars I have ever owned or driven.. Smokey wanted to use a car like yours when he was building his NASCAR 66 but they wouldn't allow the el Camino or Ranchero..
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 20, 11:03 AM
Team Member
Bill

Garage

66 Ellies go from 16k to 99k online with an average in the mid 20's. Your truck is very nice and the 4 speed with bench is desirable. It appears to be well done although we would need to see more pics especially the undercarriage. I think your asking should be in the mid 20's to allow some wiggle room. I would fix the AC. condenser is about $175, dryer is $20 and lines another $100 or so. Charge it with R12a for 30 bucks and see how it works and if it holds a charge. If it holds buy some freon R12 for $125 if you want. Your price is a bit low IMO. I just sold my 2014 GT500 asking 50K and everyone said I would never get it well a few months later I did get 50k. Gotta get the right buyer at the right time for any car..
SS4Real likes this.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 20, 1:24 PM
Senior Tech Team

good drag cars too with the boxed frames and 4 link (wagon frames are boxed also)
love teh way they ride on the fwy...heard guys rave about it then drove one.

Quote:
Freedom is not caring what others think of you
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 20, 2:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage

If your car is a survivor or near survivor status let the buyers know that.If the engine is the OEM engine but with some hop up parts make that a selling point.Original 4 speed tell them if its an M20 or whatever.Is the 12 bolt original to the car ? If the interior is original let it be known and explain how its been cared for over the years.If it is mostly original with the exception being the paint make that an advertising point.People really like the original cars and yours is priced right for a car that is almost all original.
Also being from Cali,I think you should fix that AC but get a condenser&drier that are made for for r134a ,recharge it and get it working.People don't want to have to chase down the super expensive R12 and that might be what stops someone from buying or even looking at your car.If you use components that are designed for r134 it will get plenty cold enough.
We have a TC member here that has a 70 ElCo SS454 and a 70 SS454 station Wagon (Bob,I can't remember his user name right now) he calls it a fraud or fake but its a beautiful car.Either way he tells exactly how he used the r134a and what kind of components to get it to perform like a late model AC system does.So using the newer refrigerant and getting it cold can be done without chasing down R12.

John
71 El Camino SS
406 SBC M21 3.31 12 bolt
"Quality is always remembered,long after the price is forgotten"
"I would rather have questions I can't answer than have answers I can't question" :R.Feynman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevelle Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address. Note, you will be sent a confirmation request to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in